Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Alex Barré-Boulet (1-Year, 1-Way @ $775K)

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I know it's only one game but the way he's been playing since pre-season is making me question if there's something more to him.
This guy has a great vision, he really stands out to make great passes across the ice. His weakness is his lack of strength. Every time I see him try to be physical he seems to bounce out of a player after a hit, and the opponent is just shrugging him off.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I know it's only one game but the way he's been playing since pre-season is making me question if there's something more to him.
He's really good at everything. He's got the skill, the vision, the skating and has a great motor too. It's just too bad he's so tiny.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Dude was trying to crack a perennial cup contenders line up his hole career .. got limited looks in the nhl. There 100% could be more to him. This could be a perfect storm

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Abb doesn't have the skating a guy his size and skillset needs. He needs way more mobility and quickness. He's still a beautiful man and a good bottom six player on middle of the pack team.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He did look good, but it’s 1 game. I personally don’t really care who plays as long as they win. We just need to keep in mind that he’s 27 and there’s a reason he hasn’t really cracked the nhl yet.
They’re going to have to rotate guys in and out because Kapanen and Pezz will need to play. At least all the guys should be hungry.

Reactions: Trabdy2

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not only did he take Roy spot with a good camp but he was pretty dynamic against the leafs, it is going to be hard to leave him out of the lineup if he continues.

I didn't get to see the game. But it's great that he looked good, and he was playing with Dvo and Anderson in doing so.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I thought he was one of the best forwards last night and his compete level and creativity stood out.

I would be really disappointed if he was taken out tonight. He absolutely deserves to stay in the lineup after that effort.
Compete level is useless if he is nit creating chances.. yeah we "won" last night if u can call that a win... ABB tries hard, but the NHL is not the place for hope and effort.. Results matter. He had ZERO shots, and ZERO scoring opportunities.. he's undersized and not very strong.. why oh why does this guy take the place of a rookie?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I thought he was one of the best forwards last night and his compete level and creativity stood out.

I would be really disappointed if he was taken out tonight. He absolutely deserves to stay in the lineup after that effort.
I couldn’t help but wonder if MSL sees some of himself in ABB….

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Compete level is useless if he is nit creating chances.. yeah we "won" last night if u can call that a win... ABB tries hard, but the NHL is not the place for hope and effort.. Results matter. He had ZERO shots, and ZERO scoring opportunities.. he's undersized and not very strong.. why oh why does this guy take the place of a rookie?

FIrst, I won't even get into "compete level is useless" cause it's just a staggeringly dumb take when talking about a professional athlete. I don't even know where to go with that.

So let's move to "If I can call it a win." Yeah, when you score more goals than your opponent, I don't "call it" a win, it actually is a win.

As for ABB, if you watched the game and thought he created zero scoring opportunities, well, then you missed a pretty entertaining hockey game, and you missed ABB making some nice passes to there that led to some quality chances.

I couldn’t help but wonder if MSL sees some of himself in ABB….

I think he most definitely does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad