UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Who comes out of the lineup for Peer? Good problem to have I suppose.

On another note, it would be nice to have a camera on the opposite side of the rink to allow for a better view of plays that happen along the boards/far corners on the press box side of the ice. Wonder if that’s ever been discussed/considered?

Robbie Forbes deserved to be one of the three stars.
Absolutely…could’ve been a 10-0 game.

The Sproule/Reynolds/Corbeil line was buzzing all night…hopefully they can keep it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: dm8895 and Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Probably the biggest crowd I’ve seen for a home opener in many years, which is nice to see. Lots of students.

Seems the home opener has frequently fell on the holiday weekend, which has had to have had a negative impact on attendance..
The closer they got to 30 last year the more casuals seemed to be showing up, perhaps some of them got hooked as well.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
With that much depth and Mancini potentially out until then, I'd be surprised if they burn a year of his eligibility. Kammerer was the same situation when he arrived if I'm not mistaken
They only have 6 healthy defencemen right now….so not much depth there. Blagden can play back there if needed I think though, as we saw in the UOIT game. Have to think they might be looking to add a d-man over the break. If not I don’t see an issue with burning a year of eligibility for half a season…most guys don’t stay for five years anyways.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
They only have 6 healthy defencemen right now….so not much depth there. Blagden can play back there if needed I think though, as we saw in the UOIT game. Have to think they might be looking to add a d-man over the break. If not I don’t see an issue with burning a year of eligibility for half a season…most guys don’t stay for five years anyways.
I could also see them bring in another “number 1” goaltender if available. I would be nervous if Richard was injured for the playoffs. Plus, I don’t want him having to play every game.

I noticed that UNB has three 4pm Saturday games this season. No other team is doing this. I guess they have their reasons.

Reactions: Drummer

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I could also see them bring in another “number 1” goaltender if available. I would be nervous if Richard was injured for the playoffs. Plus, I don’t want him having to play every game.

I noticed that UNB has three 4pm Saturday games this season. No other team is doing this. I guess they have their reasons.
I’m not as worried about him playing every game as I am him getting hurt , he started over an AUS season and a half his last year in the Q. Reg Bourcier played all but a period and a half in 03-04 .

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Not allowing me to select tickets for game in Moncton. Is it possibly sold out? Only allowing for game against X.

Edit- found it , god I hate the cities website .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad