Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Jesusssssssssssssss, It finally downloaded.. I just tried it again and did the same thing as early and it randomly worked... Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu all

Last question.. Now how the **** do I watch NHL streams when it starts? :laugh:

make the code thing *mashup

it won't dl just enable. The download wouljdn't work for me but this did.

Actually this is what made it work, Thank you :laugh:

And Thanks For helping everyone else who did Especially GoodKiwi

--

Under Sports I see the following, Where is the NHL links?

Thanks again

ESPN, TSN, Sky Sports , Fox Soccer , MLB, ALL MMA , Outdoor channel, Outdoor TV , Wild TV , Workouts , The Golf Channel , K1m05 On - Demand , Hackermila Main Event, Buzzy Sports , K1m05 sports.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Last question.. Now how the **** do I watch NHL streams when it starts? :laugh:

Refer to the last portion of http://notepad.cc/share/m7w4Z6BZQe

Once you go into NHL (GOTHAM ONLY) folder you will see a list of game folders i.e. "Montreal - Boston". Click on it and you will be presented with a list of items such as: Montreal at Boston Away 4500kbps". Double-clicking it will start streaming.

There are going to be a total of about 14 links for each game 7 stream bit-rates each for Home & Away feed. Bit-rate will range from 700Kbps (lowest quality) to 4,500Kbps (highest quality)

Glad you got it working finally.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Once you go into NHL (GOTHAM ONLY) folder you will see a list of game folders i.e. "Montreal - Boston". Click on it and you will be presented with a list of items such as: Montreal at Boston Away 4500kbps". Double-clicking it will start streaming.

There are going to be a total of about 14 links for each game 7 stream bit-rates each for Home & Away feed. Bit-rate will range from 700Kbps (lowest quality) to 4,500Kbps (highest quality)

Glad you got it working finally.

Okay Yeah I see it, When I Click NHL Gotham nothing shows up and says Source website is down.. Thats just because its offseason right?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Given that Sportsnet and TVA Sports are sort of "pals" what I would do if I was Sportsnet is not have the English National Habs games be viewed in Quebec to help TVA's ratings.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Given that Sportsnet and TVA Sports are sort of "pals" what I would do if I was Sportsnet is not have the English National Habs games be viewed in Quebec to help TVA's ratings.

They aren't allowed to blackout any national games they have rights to for the exact reasons you mentioned. The league is the only entity that can define blackouts (regional or otherwise).

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
I've checked out like 10 different random live streams on Mash up so far all pretty bad quality.. Is hockey the only one that goes with 7 different quality links ?

edit: Nevermind found some HD ones, Very good quality unfortunately keeps buffering every 5 seconds :(

Hopefully the NHL middle ones aren't terrible looking

edit2: after several buffers it is now working flawless, Wow this is amazing.. my CPU Could never handle this quality normally. Very cool

Thanks again everyone

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
i thought with rogers buying the rights to everything, that the goal was to get rid of the blackouts?

literally, i thought this was part of them buying, essentially, the whole sh'bang

I think what Sportsnet/Rogers did was buy all of Center Ice and the rights to show National games that CBC had. Instead of having one day of Nationaly-broadcast games, it's gonna be three days: Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays. But there's more, in those days instead of being able only to follow the Habs or Leafs like it was in the past, you will be able to choose. The rest of the games that you won't be able to see from your hometown teams will be accessible via Center Ice.

Anyway that's how I understood it.

Personally for me that means the same amount of Habs games plus other Canadian teams, plus quite a few more on TVA sports.

YYZviaYUL

Aug 9, 2014
From what I'm reading people in Belleville and west are getting screwed over by this stupid Rogers/NHL deal.

We can no longer watch Habs games on RDS (even though we're paying extra for RDS).

YYZviaYUL

Aug 9, 2014
I've checked out like 10 different random live streams on Mash up so far all pretty bad quality.. Is hockey the only one that goes with 7 different quality links ?

edit: Nevermind found some HD ones, Very good quality unfortunately keeps buffering every 5 seconds :(

Hopefully the NHL middle ones aren't terrible looking

edit2: after several buffers it is now working flawless, Wow this is amazing.. my CPU Could never handle this quality normally. Very cool

Thanks again everyone

When I was using Mashup to watch NHL streams last year (during the season) the quality was as good as the VLC hack (3000-4500 Kbps).

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
The only perk of watching hockey from Australia is getting Game Center and having every NHL game from any team at any time with no blackouts!

Of course, a 7PM start is at 9AM the next morning (live) here so that's a bit of a drag haha

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
To the OP, you should change the title of this thread to counter the previous one, Death of TSN Habs... The title should be Resurrection of Habs on SN East and of Habs english TV regional rights. :yo:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
So, for anglo fans in Quebec, there is no reason to get RDS anymore ... try to circumvent us with RDS, take that and smoke it says Rogers to Bell.

Last edited:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 3m

LRT: Viewers outside Mtl/Ott region can get French package on GCL, includes 60 #Habs and 54 #Sens regional games for $59.99 for season.

Dunno what this means

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007

That would be utterly moronic, and totally unacceptable to the English speaking community.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hallelujah!!!! For Rogers customers at least... We get access to Gamecenter Live for free (until 1 January 2015), and all local blackouts have been lifted for the nationally televised games. Sounds like Habs fans in Toronto will be able to watch every game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rogers-nhl-gamecentre-live-lifts-more-blackouts/

Not sure how this is different from before? Unless I'm missing something?

Fans residing outside of their favourite team's region weren't blacked out to begin with. What's changing is that you can now use CGL to watch your local team provided you have a subscription to TVA Sports / RDS. I guess this can be useful for those without a TV around.

Starting this January, fans in Quebec with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE and a TVA Sports subscription from a participating television provider can watch live French broadcasts of over 100 national games featuring all of the Canadian teams. This October, fans outside of Montreal and Ottawa broadcast regions can also get up to 111 games broadcast live in French, including Canadiens (60 games) and Senators (54 games) games, on both Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE and on TV with NHL Centre Ice.

Never mind, Fagstein to the rescue. :)

As anger continues to build among Toronto and other western Canadian Habs fans that they will no longer be able to watch all 82 regular-season games on RDS, Rogers announced today a special deal that might alleviate that somewhat.

NHL GameCentre Live, the NHL streaming service that allows viewers to watch out-of-region games, will cost $200 for the season this year. That’s a pretty steep price for people who were used to either having RDS as part of their basic package or paying a buck or two a month at most.

But Rogers is offering a separate deal that contains just the RDS regional games — 60 Canadiens games and 54 Ottawa Senators games — for $60 for the season. That might be enough for the hard-core fans to accept.

http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/09/03/rogers-gamecentre-canadiens

Out of region fans rejoice! You don't have to pay the full $200 for GCL. You can watch all Habs games for only $60 which is even cheaper than the RDS package before. Great move Rogers! :handclap:

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 3m

LRT: Viewers outside Mtl/Ott region can get French package on GCL, includes 60 #Habs and 54 #Sens regional games for $59.99 for season.

Dunno what this means

This means Westerners get a great deal, better than what they've had in the years past with RDS! :yo:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Game center is garbage compared to rds hd

I meant in financial terms where it costs $60 as opposed to $180 per year some had to pay before ($15/month for French TV package to get RDS x 12 months).

I've no experience with GCL personally.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I meant in financial terms where it costs $60 as opposed to $180 per year some had to pay before ($15/month for French TV package to get RDS x 12 months).

I've no experience with GCL personally.

It costs more than that to catch the ferry return with vehicle from Vancouver Island to Vancouver, that doesn't include rooms/tickets/food/drinks for one game. So steal for all the Habs/Bulldogs games for Islanders in BC.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
my RDS comes standard with TSN subscription, I don't think I could cancel it without losing TSN.

So I think I'll just stick with XMBC instead of giving more money to Rogers. It is a good deal for out of region Habs fans though, but if I'm going to have to stream off GCL I might as well just use the free service and get English games as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad