Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Alright, I just thought of something, if I'm TVA Sports, since they are partners with Sportsnet, I try buying Sportsnet their regional english Habs games back so that means TVA would have basically the 82 Habs games. They could even create a Habs TV and have all their Habs games there.

It would be worthwhile just to piss RDS and Bell off. Do it. :nod:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm jumping in late here but how is this different than any of the last few years? Before, we had access to RDS and Center Ice. RDS would be available in Quebec and parts of Eastern Ontario, Center Ice / RDS subscription for everyone else. This year there are a certain number of national games on Sportsnet (just like there was on TSN before) and the rest can be viewed outside Quebec on Center Ice (just like last year).

To me it's the same thing unless I'm not getting it. Can someone explain it to me if I'm wrong please?

Well Habs games were not always on TSN in the past wheras now every National gamesof the Habs can be seen by everybody.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
So when I saw that sportsnet got the regional package, I immediately thought I could now drop the french package for which I'm playing an extra 15$ a month. But now I just noticed I don't get City Montreal. I also don't get sportsnet ONE or 360. To get those, I need to upgrade my package which costs 17$ more. So this would actually cost me 2$ more haha. Gotta love Bell and Ontario packages. I never thought I'd say this but I miss Videotron.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Alright, I just thought of something, if I'm TVA Sports, since they are partners with Sportsnet, I try buying Sportsnet their regional english Habs games back so that means TVA would have basically the 82 Habs games. They could even create a Habs TV and have all their Habs games there.

It would be worthwhile just to piss RDS and Bell off. Do it. :nod:

The Habs sell the regional rights. I really doubt Rogers would be allowed to re-sell those rights.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Sweet deal for us on the East coast...er..i think anyway?
Wish this was all simplified for all to see and understand clearly. Honestly all 82 games to be broadcasted over 9 differet channels? Im in the East and still dont understand if i need all 9 of those channels to see every game.
yeah it's not that great of a deal, I don't have all 9 of those channels so I guess I gotta buy a few now
The Habs will be seen on just 5 english channels. You'll see them on SNE, SN1, SN360, CITY, and CBC.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Let me tell you this, if we get the Sens regional team to broadcast the Habs now that the Sens are on TSN, I might die. Potvin and the other dude are unlistenable.
I was thinking the same. No Dean Brown and Denis Potvin please.
The good news? Get to see (almost) all of the games out here in the east.

The bad news? It's Sportsnet. Their broadcast crews really do tend to suck more often than not.

I'll take it I guess, but I just can't get excited about this entire Rogers thing.
I don't see how we avoid those clowns. All the other broadcast teams have been announced and neither of them are listed on those.

Get ready for Dean Brown.
I think it's safe to say it won't be Dean Brown and as someone else posted, Potvin has rejoined the Panthers regional network. I've heard that it could be Rob Faulds and Greg Millen. They did the SNE Habs games for the 2 seasons the Habs were on back in 01 and 02. The other possibility is with Randorf and Romanuk splitting the PBP duties and Johnson as the colour guy.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

I think it's safe to say it won't be Dean Brown and as someone else posted, Potvin has rejoined the Panthers regional network. I've heard that it could be Rob Faulds and Greg Millen. They did the SNE Habs games for the 2 seasons the Habs were on back in 01 and 02. The other possibility is with Randorf and Romanuk splitting the PBP duties and Johnson as the colour guy.

I would MUCH prefer the second case personally.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I used to like romanuk from his PBP days on tsn. That would be great.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

a few of the saturday night games are on this city tv or hnic? im not sure what this means. i get a city tv out of toronto and vancouver. im not sure if they are the right ones. hnic is on what station if its not the cbc?

"Most Saturday night games listed as "Hockey Night in Canada" (HNIC) because Rogers hasn't decided which channel each game will be on. It will be decided on a week to week basis with channels being any one of Sportsnet/ CBC / City TV / Sportsnet One / Sportsnet 360."

If a HNIC game is on City TV it will be on all of their channels nationally, including Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and others.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1730091

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
If a HNIC game is on City TV it will be on all of their channels nationally, including Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and others.
A quick heads up, there is no City station in Halifax. Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, and Winnipeg are the other places that have a City station.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
You should be good to go. Im pretty sure that city and CBC will not do any network splitting.

They won't. That was the whole point of this new deal. CBC (coast to coast) will show one game, City (coast to coast) will show another, Sportsnet (Pacific, West, Ontario, East) will show one, Sportsnet ONE will show one, Sportsnet 360 will show one and FX Canada will show another.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A quick heads up, there is no City station in Halifax. Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, and Winnipeg are the other places that have a City station.

Good to know, thanks.I am not sure why I listed Halifax of all places. :)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
They won't. That was the whole point of this new deal. CBC (coast to coast) will show one game, City (coast to coast) will show another, Sportsnet (Pacific, West, Ontario, East) will show one, Sportsnet ONE will show one, Sportsnet 360 will show one and FX Canada will show another.

I just wanted to add (before some people here raise it as a concern) that FX Canada will not feature any games featuring Canadian teams. We'll only see an occasional game between two US-based teams on it.

Analyzer*

So if I'm in Ontario, and I get Gamecentre, I get all 82 games, yeah?

I believe they black out games based on what games are available in your region. So, depending on where you live, you could see a good amount blacked out.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

its sounds like if your a habs fans who lives east of belleville and you have the sportsnet package....your getting a pretty damn good deal.:handclap:

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
Ottawa - Toronto games aren't bad.

I don't mind Ottawa games. GF is a sens fan, but she likes so many habs that she might as well be a habs fan.

its sounds like if your a habs fans who lives east of belleville and you have the sportsnet package....your getting a pretty damn good deal.:handclap:

Yeah. But. Habs fans outside the region can now get Centre Ice and pay $200 to watch the Habs 42 regional games (and hundreds of other games) in English. Or we can pay $60 and watch the $60 Habs regional games (and 54 Sens games) in French. So, compared to last year, we're no worse off. The French package, even if you don't watch Sens games, is $1 per game. Can you seriously complain about that. Much as I hate Rogers, this is a good and fair deal

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Who will call the games?

Derek Willis was hired to do the Flames (used to call Bulldogs games)

BwyPVFrIAAA8vq-.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad