Confirmed with Link: Habs sign 3-year regional tv-deal with Rogers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Sweet deal for us on the East coast...er..i think anyway?
Wish this was all simplified for all to see and understand clearly. Honestly all 82 games to be broadcasted over 9 differet channels? Im in the East and still dont understand if i need all 9 of those channels to see every game.
Yeah, I was definitely relieved to find out NB is in the Habs region. Although, this is still a stupid backwards move on the part of the NHL...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dean Brown is the worst.

After Chris Neil gets away with gooning Price.. "AND NEIL TAKES ANOTHER SLASH FROM THE HABS, STILL NO PENALTY CALL."

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Yup, the breakdown is now as follows:

MTL - 40 national games
TOR - 40 national games
OTT - 29 national games
VAN - 25 national games
EDM - 22 national games
CGY - 22 national games
WPG - 22 national games

Can someone clear this up for me, I'm in Winnipeg, I was planning on getting the Center Ice package, but reading the info on it, it looks like nationally televised games won't be shown (on center ice). Does this mean, on top of center ice, I'll also need all the Sportsnet, and tva channels in the hopes of seeing all 82 habs game?

Edit:
"You will not see games that are being nationally broadcasted on NBC Sports Network, NBC or the NHL Network. These games are not permitted to be shown in NHL Center Ice."

Read that quick and mistook NBC Sports Network for Sportsnet.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Look into XBMC + Mash Up which is even less expensive (as in free).

Someone even came up with the setup instructions handy:

http://notepad.cc/share/m7w4Z6BZQe

Darn MashUp wont download in the add on phase. Woah is me!

Nevermind, got it working. Just curious about the NHL Gotham games, are they in HD or how do I change the resolution because all the shows I clicked on appear to be in SD.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Damn.. Just tried XBMC.. Can't download it because I have Windows XP lol... ****, I'm screwed.

Well, XMBC is available for a variety of platforms (including Android, iOS and more).

In theory you can use VirtualBox to run a Linux VM with XBMCbuntu installed. The XBMCbuntu ISO image is available on the original download page.

However, provided you are running a PC with Windows XP on it, I doubt it has the chops to handle such setup.

It also adds quite a bit of setup/configuration that isn't for the faint of heart.

But you can sure try. :)

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
i thought with rogers buying the rights to everything, that the goal was to get rid of the blackouts?

literally, i thought this was part of them buying, essentially, the whole sh'bang

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
i thought with rogers buying the rights to everything, that the goal was to get rid of the blackouts?

literally, i thought this was part of them buying, essentially, the whole sh'bang

This is an interesting point, so let me clarify this once and (hopefully) for all:

The original release said “The agreement also guarantees there will be no further regionalization of games or local blackouts.â€

The word “further†is somewhat ambiguous here: Does it mean that regionalization no longer exists, or that it just won’t be worse than it already is?

The sentence made many people believe that Rogers was promising an end to blackouts entirely. But apparently it just means that it won’t get any worse.

http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/06/22/nhl-schedule-2014-15/comment-page-1/#comment-650396

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I think I will stick with 2 channels for now (Rds and tva). Maybe change to all English next year after seeing how it goes this season. I'd rather not have to make sure I have access to 8 or 9 different channels when I can get everything with only 2, regardless of what language it is.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I think I will stick with 2 channels for now (Rds and tva). Maybe change to all English next year after seeing how it goes this season. I'd rather not have to make sure I have access to 8 or 9 different channels when I can get everything with only 2, regardless of what language it is.

There aren't 8 or 9 channels - there are 3 you need to worry about: SNET East, SNET One & SNET 360.

The rest you got access to along with your basic cable/satellite subscription.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Two main questions from southern Ontario:

1. Can I purchase all these stations?
2. Will there be black-outs?
If you're going to subscribe to all those stations you might as wel get NHL center Ice

EDIT meant GameCenter Live, easier to avoid blackouts.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
got it to work but all the channels i've clicked are in SD even though it says HD. How do I change this for hockey (I take it the channel just isn't up until the season starts)

NHL games will be in HD (well, in fact you can choose from up to 7 feeds with various bitrates for each game, so it's really up to you). The original instruction page tells you how to locate the channel. It's there as we speak but obviously no games are available until the season starts. Not sure about pre-season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
NHL games will be in HD (well, in fact you can choose from up to 7 feeds with various bitrates for each game, so it's really up to you). The original instruction page tells you how to locate the channel. It's there as we speak but obviously no games are available until the season starts. Not sure about pre-season.

Yeah I see the NHL Gotham page, just nothing in it when I opened it. I assume that's just because there isn't anything going on.

Either way, thanks for this. I would have never in a million years known about this.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Yeah I see the NHL Gotham page, just nothing in it when I opened it. I assume that's just because there isn't anything going on.

Either way, thanks for this. I would have never in a million years known about this.

I'm downloading it on my laptop, I'm currently on the stage where you go to settings, add ons, install from zip.. But Mashup doesn't show up.. Seems you had same problem. How did you fix it.. Thanks

edit: I Did it again.. Entered the web address in add source exactly like video.. But when I go to system.. Install from zip no file shows up still *sigh*

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm downloading it on my laptop, I'm currently on the stage where you go to settings, add ons, install from zip.. But Mashup doesn't show up.. Seems you had same problem. How did you fix it.. Thanks

edit: I Did it again.. Entered the web address in add source exactly like video.. But when I go to system.. Install from zip no file shows up still *sigh*

I didn't have that problem. My issue was it wouldn't download so I used a differnet video (basically the same thing but different code) Here is the one I used that worked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17iNpeirAfo&feature=youtu.be

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Can someone clear this up for me, I'm in Winnipeg, I was planning on getting the Center Ice package, but reading the info on it, it looks like nationally televised games won't be shown (on center ice). Does this mean, on top of center ice, I'll also need all the Sportsnet, and tva channels in the hopes of seeing all 82 habs game?

Edit:
"You will not see games that are being nationally broadcasted on NBC Sports Network, NBC or the NHL Network. These games are not permitted to be shown in NHL Center Ice."

Read that quick and mistook NBC Sports Network for Sportsnet.
I'm pretty sure the same theory applies for Sportsnet.

I think you will experience center ice blackouts for those 40 games.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
FYI for those in the Montreal region outside of Quebec...the 3 games I think we don't get in english (and would need the french package) are:

October 13 vs Tampa Bay
November 20 vs St. Louis
December 18 vs Anaheim

I think I will keep the extra package until December 19 and then cut it; especially if RDS decides to show the preseason games.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

EDIT: Sorry, I misread you. Never mind.

I just tested it and it works fine. Once you select "Install from zip file" -> "MashUp" (or whatever your name was) -> Repository -> MashUp_Repo-1.9.zip it will take a while to do its thing but should work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad