Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Andrighetto to 1 year deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He was great at the World Championships, cant wait to see how him/Lehkonen and Hudon develop, we have another great player in Carr aswell.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He was great at the World Championships, cant wait to see how him/Lehkonen and Hudon develop, we have another great player in Carr aswell.

Great? Wow that word gets thrown out here easily.
Carr great? Holy Jesus

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I have a rock, theres no bears around, so thus this rock keeps bears away. Thats your line of thinking. There is only one reason which is incompetence so without any evidence or proof you assume that conclusion is correct.

You don't have to agree with me and I don't have proof either, but I think there is more to it when Hudon is being passed over by lots of other prospects. We are not talking 1 or 2 here he has fallen down the depth chart and may be pushed even more with Reway/Lehkonen. Why does this incompetent staff give chances to Carr, Ghetto, McCarron, JDR and other young players like Matteau/Danneault/DSP.

If you looked at things objectivly and not through the prism that MB/MT are incompetent you could see that there are indications that Hudon's game as good as it is in the AHL is not NHL material. He still has time to improve and make the transition but for now management doesn't see it in him.

So which one is it? Because 5 minutes ago you said:
IMHO and its my opinion there is more behind the scenes with Hudon than what you see on the ice. For someone who does so well in the A to be passed on the depth chart by so many other players there has to be a reason that is not clear to you and me by just watching 2 or 3 hockey games.

First it's not clear to you, then now you can tell his game is not NHL material (after watching 3 games or ~25 minutes of him).
But anyway do you think DLR and Matteau game are NHL material?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Or maybe he doesn't want to be claimed cause he likes the city?

You mean he likes St. Johns? I think at this point, if he ever passes through waivers, the option of returning home to play in the Swiss league will look more attractive for 2017-18.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Great? Wow that word gets thrown out here easily.
Carr great? Holy Jesus

leading scorer on his team at 23 years old (in a tough tournament), thats a great tourney in my books. also, i've always said that i believe Carr will be an excellent 2nd liner, i like him alot.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You mean he likes St. Johns? I think at this point, if he ever passes through waivers, the option of returning home to play in the Swiss league will look more attractive for 2017-18.

Don't see what St Johns has to do with the story.

It's a one year deal worth 650k. He's gonna play the whole year here. The 4th line salary alone set this in stone.

So i don't think him accepting this contract has anything to do with him not being confident he would be claimed (the post i was replaying to).

Like i said maybe he doesn't want to be claimed and he wants to play here next season instead of dunno Columbus. The best way to spend the entire next season here is to sign a one year deal worth less than the bunch of 4th liners we have. It's the same tactic used by Pateryn just 1 year instead of 3.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

But vokiel assured me that you couldn't sign him for less then his qualifying offer :sarcasm:

Why is Carr at 936K or Lessio at 874? You can easily lower those to around to 600-700k if you offer them one way deals. That saves 500k right there.

No, you can't they are RFAs, it's their qualifying offers. What you can do is leave Lessio in the AHL and use a lower salary like Matteau. Carr is probably going to be asking for more than 936k after the season he just had. Same thing with Barberio, he isn't going to sign his qualifier at 660k one way or not.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
leading scorer on his team at 23 years old (in a tough tournament), thats a great tourney in my books. also, i've always said that i believe Carr will be an excellent 2nd liner, i like him alot.

I agree. There is just something about the way he plays and his personality that assures me he will make it. He has produced at every level and will continue to its that simple. He's older yes, but so was Tyler Johnson when he broke into the league. I think he was 23 when he played his first full season at the NHL level. Carr being 24 now. Both of them were undrafted.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This falls into the category of "who gives a ****"??

Bergevin is mediocre as usual

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I like the way he plays, very smart player. No the biggest, strongest, or fastest guy out there but he's often in the right place at the right time.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
IMHO and its my opinion there is more behind the scenes with Hudon than what you see on the ice. For someone who does so well in the A to be passed on the depth chart by so many other players there has to be a reason that is not clear to you and me by just watching 2 or 3 hockey games.

I don't mean it negativly like controversy, but there are probably aspects of his game that aren't NHL ready. Other players are passing him by even if they aren't doing as well in the AHL. And I don't think it has anything to do with some MT/MB conspiracy or hate.

That's the easy answer. Everytime we as fan think somebody makes no sense, there is always something we don't know. What if....there isn't? What if we just a different evaluation?

As far as aspects of his game that aren't NHL ready....this team last year was not NHL ready. I'm not talking about a cup contending year here. Talking about a wasted year. If he's nto NHL ready, might as well show him first hand so he'd see from his own perspective and realize it instead of just being told that he isn't......

MT and MB are human beings and like everybody else, they are not refrain to make stupid decisions. I think that while not THAT big of a deal, 'cause I don't think we are stoppiong a future top 2 player in the NHL to flourish because he didn't have icetime, all proportions aside, they did prefer to see DLR because he's that big guy that loves playing defense. While Hudon had 2 points in 2 games and that was it. So, no need to talk about conspiracy.....but they should have done more with him period. We'll see what they have in store for him this upcoming year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So which one is it? Because 5 minutes ago you said:

First it's not clear to you, then now you can tell his game is not NHL material (after watching 3 games or ~25 minutes of him).
But anyway do you think DLR and Matteau game are NHL material?

Its both. As I said its not clear to you me, but if he is getting passed over whatever it is that is not clear to us is preventing his game from translating to the NHL. Myself I can't tell his game is not NHL material but thats what the mangement staff thinks.

DLR and Matteau games may not be NHL ready but they have passed Hudon on the depth chart thats my whole point. Most will just quickly blame MT for being an idiot as the only reason why Hudon is not getting more opportunity in the NHL. I think more rationally, if so many other young players are passing him by there is something in his game that isn't clicking. Occam's razor my friend. Its not an MT conspiracy its the player himself getting passed by others who is competing with. We just don't know 100% why because we aren't with the team and in practices and behind the scenes.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I agree. There is just something about the way he plays and his personality that assures me he will make it. He has produced at every level and will continue to its that simple. He's older yes, but so was Tyler Johnson when he broke into the league. I think he was 23 when he played his first full season at the NHL level. Carr being 24 now. Both of them were undrafted.

Wasn't the biggest Ghetto fan but he won me over this year. I think he can have a suprising year. He went through the normal process for non superstar prospects. Work your way through the AHL, some time in the NHL and then finally (hopefully this year) make a real impact as an NHLer.

I think 20 goals this year is very possible as long as he stays healthy. Ghetto has some game and he showed it last year. Maybe another prospect that MT ruined just like AG, Gally, and Beaulieu :sarcasm::sarcasm:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
That's the easy answer. Everytime we as fan think somebody makes no sense, there is always something we don't know. What if....there isn't? What if we just a different evaluation?

Well you definatly have a different evaluation because you think Hudon is better than MT/MB think he is. The only difference is they actually have access to the player outside of the few NHL games you watched where he played. In this situation I think they know the player better than we do.

As far as aspects of his game that aren't NHL ready....this team last year was not NHL ready. I'm not talking about a cup contending year here. Talking about a wasted year. If he's nto NHL ready, might as well show him first hand so he'd see from his own perspective and realize it instead of just being told that he isn't......

And yet still tons of other young players got to play a lot of games with the habs but Hudon didn't. It's not like 1 other player played ahead of him and you can compare him against 1 person. He got passed over even by McCarron who is in his first pro year. That has to say something. Corey Locke was a great AHL scorer but never became an NHLer, sometimes a players game doesn't translate. I am not saying Hudon is Locke I still think Hudon can play in the NHL, but honestly ask yourself why was he being passed on the depth chart by so many other players? Because MT is incompetent?

MT and MB are human beings and like everybody else, they are not refrain to make stupid decisions. I think that while not THAT big of a deal, 'cause I don't think we are stoppiong a future top 2 player in the NHL to flourish because he didn't have icetime, all proportions aside, they did prefer to see DLR because he's that big guy that loves playing defense. While Hudon had 2 points in 2 games and that was it. So, no need to talk about conspiracy.....but they should have done more with him period. We'll see what they have in store for him this upcoming year.

MT/MB are humans and you are correct they can be wrong in their evaluation. I like Hudon and think he can eventually make the team. I just don't think last year was the year for him even if he got 2 pts in 2 games. All of a sudden players with less AHL experience and less points then him are getting more chances in the NHL. There has to be a reason and I think it has to do with his game. If he wasn't NHL ready well then better to let other players get a shot. A lot of young players got a lot of ice time last year Hudon just wasn't good enough to beat out his competition. I hope he knows what he has to do this year to be better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ghetto got what I expected, less money on a one way deal. It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of season he has next year now that he knows he's likely on the team all year. Always liked his speed and shot but just felt that he needed to be more consistent, which of course you can say for most young scorers. I didn't see him at the WC's but hopefully he can build off that, if he could be a 15+ 30-40 pt forward for us next year that would help a lot. Of course a big question will be how he would fair in the playoffs but he's a skilled guy that has that speed and if he keeps his feet moving while being paired up with guys that are solid in their own end it should help him produce.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well you definatly have a different evaluation because you think Hudon is better than MT/MB think he is. The only difference is they actually have access to the player outside of the few NHL games you watched where he played. In this situation I think they know the player better than we do.

And yet still tons of other young players got to play a lot of games with the habs but Hudon didn't. It's not like 1 other player played ahead of him and you can compare him against 1 person. He got passed over even by McCarron who is in his first pro year. That has to say something. Corey Locke was a great AHL scorer but never became an NHLer, sometimes a players game doesn't translate. I am not saying Hudon is Locke I still think Hudon can play in the NHL, but honestly ask yourself why was he being passed on the depth chart by so many other players? Because MT is incompetent?

MT/MB are humans and you are correct they can be wrong in their evaluation. I like Hudon and think he can eventually make the team. I just don't think last year was the year for him even if he got 2 pts in 2 games. All of a sudden players with less AHL experience and less points then him are getting more chances in the NHL. There has to be a reason and I think it has to do with his game. If he wasn't NHL ready well then better to let other players get a shot. A lot of young players got a lot of ice time last year Hudon just wasn't good enough to beat out his competition. I hope he knows what he has to do this year to be better.

All of the guys who played ahead of Hudon are faster than him. Perhaps that is another thing, besides strength, that is a common denominator.

I'm leaning to the speed reason actually, now that I remembered that Holloway also got very little chance (6 minutes). The team was starved for offence from December onwards, and the two leading scorers on the AHL club did not get a big look. And they are the two slowest of all the guys who were in the mix.

While Holloway's time has apparently come and gone, Hudon may have the smarts to eventually make the big club after gaining more experience. However, I don't see him in a top-6 role as many here do when they pencil him into proposed lineups as early as October.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Would be happy to see Ghetto starting on the 3rd line with Eller and Carr or Lehkonen

Don't want any of the above in the Top 6 as Plan A for opening night

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Hoffman is another example, Palat/Nyquist aswell.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

First, it's not even about that!!!! I,m not stating that Hudon will end up a hall of famer or that he will eventually be better tahn whoever. I'm stating that in a loss season and with the stats he has given to the farm team, he deserved a shot longer than the 2 games.

Yes, there is a reason. Speed and size. So they wanted to see players that has all that ahead of him. What also helps them is that Hudon isn't waiver material this year so they didn't really have to evaluate him that much to be sure what to do with him in this upcoming year. But again, it's not about that. It's about given something to a kid who has done enough in his first pro years to say that you acknowledge it and want him to see what he has to improve by playing in this league.

WE will see soon if they have already given up on him. But by the way, if they did, if they do possess all those special infos you are talking about, if he doesn't have the size, nor the speed, and they know he won't make it....shouldn't they ALREADY contemplace the idea to implicate him in a deal, using his farm stats on top of it? Or will they prefer letting him rot without calling him back a few more years in the AHL till he has no more value?

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

I like Carr as much as the others but I don't see top 6 in his future. He's a good scorer but bottom 6 is where he's gonna make a living IMO

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What I don't understand about Ghetto signing for less than his QO... is why didn't just accept the QO ?

Ghetto got what I expected, less money on a one way deal. It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of season he has next year now that he knows he's likely on the team all year. Always liked his speed and shot but just felt that he needed to be more consistent, which of course you can say for most young scorers. I didn't see him at the WC's but hopefully he can build off that, if he could be a 15+ 30-40 pt forward for us next year that would help a lot. Of course a big question will be how he would fair in the playoffs but he's a skilled guy that has that speed and if he keeps his feet moving while being paired up with guys that are solid in their own end it should help him produce.

Oh my above question would find its answer if the QO was 2-way and Ghetto wanted 1-way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad