OT: The OT Thread | The Thread of Destiny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
The way I look at it is this:

There is faaaaaar too many things they say that is carcinogenic. Microplastics, microwaves, living close to a refinery, eating fast food, the sun, f***ing stress.

There is a more than 50% chance any one of us will go out that way. Might as well send it, rather than living in fear of pretty much everything around us because it’s damn near all carcinogenic.

But don’t take away your quality of life. Some know my story, I took a blood test and my liver enzymes are still down bad.
I understand this reaction.

But you know those messages you keep hearing in the periphery of your awareness that tell you heart disease is the leading cause of blah blah blah, more deaths than such and such combined and expected to hurrrrrrrrrr ...

... as you go about your day?

Someone put that there. They're screaming into your ear trying to get through to you.

They did it because basically 110 percent of us die of coronary artery disease. You kind of have to swim against the current to avoid it, which is why the message is ignored, but it's not really that hard. The alternative often is a longer, shittier and way more premature death than most of the ones people think they are rebels or stoics for being indifferent about.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I understand this reaction.

But you know those messages you keep hearing in the periphery of your awareness that tell you heart disease is the leading cause of blah blah blah, more deaths than such and such combined and expected to hurrrrrrrrrr ...

... as you go about your day?

Someone put that there. They're screaming into your ear trying to get through to you.

They did it because basically 110 percent of us die of coronary artery disease. You kind of have to swim against the current to avoid it, which is why the message is ignored, but it's not really that hard. The alternative often is a longer, shittier and way more premature death than most of the ones people think they are rebels or stoics for being indifferent about.
I Have been retired for 15 years.I have great life. I. look at any more years as pure gravy.That said, I think another 15 years would be nice.get into my eighties, and hopefully still playing hockey pickleball and golf. What more does one want.

And if I fail to wake up one morning ... well, there are a lot of worse ways to go.

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad