Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Andrighetto to 1 year deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Hudon has the potential to become a 2nd line two way guy like Plekanec.

We need to see more of him at this level.
Are we being over-cautious with him because the Brass agrees?
I've seen both arguments in his case.
We are either coddling him or he just isn't strong enough...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think Hudon has the potential to become a 2nd line two way guy like Plekanec.

Having the potential and being developed as is very different. Personally I think if management thought this from him they would have left him in the NHL last year without much complaints about his lack of strength. Really I don't think Plekanec is that stronger than him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Having the potential and being developed as is very different. Personally I think if management thought this from him they would have left him in the NHL last year without much complaints about his lack of strength. Really I don't think Plekanec is that stronger than him.

MT probably has a say about who plays and who is not. Anyway he should have. If MT doesn't want to play a young 21 years old guy there's no point keeping him around 12 minutes a game (contrary to 22½ and 23 years old guys like Gheto and Carr who don't have much to learn from the AHL). Knowing MT there's no point trying to understand why he decides to play or not a guy ;) It's like trying to understand why DD is a center instead of AG. You'll turn crazy in less than a year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We need to see more of him at this level.
Are we being over-cautious with him because the Brass agrees?
I've seen both arguments in his case.
We are either coddling him or he just isn't strong enough...

Was stupidly used...that's what I think. With all this wasted year....and all those players that played...not using Hudon this year is plain dumb. And I wasn't a Hudon fan when he was drafted. Kid deserved way more than what he has been given.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
MT probably has a say about who plays and who is not. Anyway he should have. If MT doesn't want to play a young 21 years old guy there's no point keeping him around 12 minutes a game (contrary to 22½ and 23 years old guys like Gheto and Carr who don't have much to learn from the AHL). Knowing MT there's no point trying to understand why he decides to play or not a guy ;) It's like trying to understand why DD is a center instead of AG. You'll turn crazy in less than a year.

So true there is nothing more frustrating than watching MT give the toenail treatment to the better player on a whim...

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
Good and necessary signing, but we still need on that proven top 6 RW, Okposo, Brouwer or someone else in that ballpark.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why are people so concerned with the dollar figure?

He's an RFA not a UFA....theres only so much money he can make on a 1yr deal

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Ghetto Blaster!

Nice for the kid! Hopefully he works hard in camp and gets an extensive look on the top6

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So his agent and him don't think he would be claimed... That's not super duper confident. :(

For player in his situation, the golden rule is kinda make as much money as a you can as fast as you can because you're 1 coach/GM's decision away from being buried.

So he will get more money out that 1 year deal than he got out of his 3 years 2ways deal. Not a bad deal for him.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
For player in his situation, the golden rule is kinda make as much money as a you can as fast as you can because you're 1 coach/GM's decision away from being buried.

So he will get more money out that 1 year deal than he got out of his 3 years 2ways deal. Not a bad deal for him.

Yeah but if he was confident he would be claimed off waivers in the case he coach/GM decides to bury him, he would have made the nhl salary on a 2-way regardless. So it tells us a bunch about his level of confidence. I'm also reflecting on it as well. I don't think he's going to stick in Montreal.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
In his case, I think I have no problem agreeing, but that's another one. How many prospects is our player development program forming into role players? Because aside from Scherbak & maybe Lehkonen, I'd say all of them. That puts the "waiting for prospects to boom" into perspective.

Is Ghetto a top 10 pick? 1st rounder? Outside of the 1st or 2nd round you are mainly getting role players. You luck out once in a while and get a Gallagher but you cant expect that every year.

For where Ghetto was drafted if he can contribute 15-20 goals thats a huge steal.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Was stupidly used...that's what I think. With all this wasted year....and all those players that played...not using Hudon this year is plain dumb. And I wasn't a Hudon fan when he was drafted. Kid deserved way more than what he has been given.

IMHO and its my opinion there is more behind the scenes with Hudon than what you see on the ice. For someone who does so well in the A to be passed on the depth chart by so many other players there has to be a reason that is not clear to you and me by just watching 2 or 3 hockey games.

I don't mean it negativly like controversy, but there are probably aspects of his game that aren't NHL ready. Other players are passing him by even if they aren't doing as well in the AHL. And I don't think it has anything to do with some MT/MB conspiracy or hate.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
IMHO and its my opinion there is more behind the scenes with Hudon than what you see on the ice. For someone who does so well in the A to be passed on the depth chart by so many other players there has to be a reason that is not clear to you and me by just watching 2 or 3 hockey games.

I don't mean it negativly like controversy, but there are probably aspects of his game that aren't NHL ready. Other players are passing him by even if they aren't doing as well in the AHL. And I don't think it has anything to do with some MT/MB conspiracy or hate.

At this point in time, he still lacks strength to compete every night in the NHL. This can be worked upon.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Really hope he's given a real chance in an offensive role next season. So much talent and swagger to his game, I truly feel like he has solid top 6 upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad