Pre-Game Talk: Habs - Rags: Oct 22, 7PM

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Would like to see more shots taken on the few powerplays we will get. And on our side, try to stay out of the box. I just want to see an energized team that plays a full 60. Hopefully Montembault has a good game.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He is the main reason I don't watch the games anymore
I get the games for free and I only watch the condensed version on youtube for the most part. Such a boring team, need a top 3 pick this year, Demidov, Laine and a new coach to turn things around. Maybe the kids from Laval can come up one day and bring some size and physical play back to the CH, because this brand of 'peek-a-boo' , zero checking, hitting hockey is lame as f***.

• Love
Reactions: Habano

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I get the games for free and I only watch the condensed version on youtube for the most part. Such a boring team, need a top 3 pick this year, Demidov, Laine and a new coach to turn things around. Maybe the kids from Laval can come up one day and bring some size and physical play back to the CH, because this brand of 'peek-a-boo' , zero checking, hitting hockey is lame as f***.
Games are always free for me if you know what i mean 😎

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Hoping Kapanen plays a solid game, so hard to prove yourself in not given at least 10-20 games in the position. Dach is a better winger unless he can get his faceoff percentage way up; we seem to be chasing the game a lot with that second line.
My lines for at least 10 games:

Caufield --- Suzuki---Dach
Newhook---Kapanen----Slaf (when he's back)
Gally---Evans---Anderson
Heinman--Dvorak---Armia

Can't wait to see Dvorak and Armia GONE from this team.... Liane and Roy should replace them.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Don't forget Hage, well maybe not next year but hopefully in 2 years but I understand what you're saying, this team is unwatchable.

Reactions: Habs

Jul 6, 2016
It think X sits. He is not a good boi.
Not a good d-man….yet.

Hoping Kapanen plays a solid game, so hard to prove yourself in not given at least 10-20 games in the position. Dach is a better winger unless he can get his faceoff percentage way up; we seem to be chasing the game a lot with that second line.
My lines for at least 10 games:

Caufield --- Suzuki---Dach
Newhook---Kapanen----Slaf (when he's back)
Gally---Evans---Anderson
Heinman--Dvorak---Armia

Can't wait to see Dvorak and Armia GONE from this team.... Liane and Roy should replace them.
I don’t think it’s gonna solve anything. Dach is out of game shape and timing and Kapanen is NOT a second-line centerman for the time being (if ever).

Next year our RW will be Slaf, Liane and Demidov if none play off their off-wing ;)
Laine prefers to play LW

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Dach is a better winger unless he can get his faceoff percentage way up;
Dach is at 37.5% right now (which is about where he was in previous seasons). And about 5% down Dvorak. Dach just doesn't take enough faceoffs, so his percentage fluctuate wildly every games.

edit Newhook is at 31% in about the same amount of faceoffs (24 vs 29), so everyone saying Newie should be the center because Dach is bad at faceoffs aren't paying attention.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Games are always free for me if you know what i mean 😎
me too!!!!

Don't forget Hage, well maybe not next year but hopefully in 2 years but I understand what you're saying, this team is unwatchable.

I wouldn't mind losing if we were fun to watch or had some balls. But going through every game getting smashed around the ice while we sit our bigger players is infuriating. Hutson will go down next, they are overplaying this kid and he's going to get hurt without an ounce of beef around him.

At least go down looking like a driven team, not this pile of garbage effortless gang of guys. Cole of course is great, but nobody else up front excites me this year at all with Laine gone

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Why is everyone so harsh on Armia still? Sure he’s not a second line player, but he was on a 20 goal pace last year without even playing the full season in the nhl. He steals pucks like no one I’ve seen and wins a ton of board battles. He’s absolutely a very solid 3rd liner. He’s not scoring (neither are his linemates) but he’s honestly been one of the more solid forwards so far. Same with another whipping boy (Anderson).
90% of the time he’s in the lineup he’s just taking up oxygen, the pace argument is the last resort to defend a player and no player gets more benefit from it than Joel. He had a wake up call last year going through waivers unclaimed and playing in the minors, need to try that again as he’s back to his lazy ways and his game of keep away - some call it puck possession, I call it inability to score goals or pass to teammates.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Doesn't look like anyone signed up for todays GDT. I'll have one up within the next hour.

tiger-woods-big-dog-meme.JPG

• Love
Reactions: badfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad