Pre-Game Talk: Habs - Rags: Oct 22, 7PM

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Slaf out for a week could be a blessing in disguise. I highly doubt we would've seen Kapanen getting a chance at 2C anytime soon if Dach was still on that line. Hopefully he nails the audition and Dach can slot onto the right side when Slaf is back.
I think we'd ve at our strongest if Dvo is on the wing. The 4c's could be Suzuki, Kapanen, Evan's, and one of Newhook or Dach.

Reactions: BergevinBurner

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Pezz is going to get his lunch fed to him by Rempe while Wifi watches from the press box
Why would he have to fight Rempe. Best way to not make Rempe a factor is to take an early lead in the game so Laviolette wont play him.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Slaf out for a week could be a blessing in disguise. I highly doubt we would've seen Kapanen getting a chance at 2C anytime soon if Dach was still on that line. Hopefully he nails the audition and Dach can slot onto the right side when Slaf is back.
Kapanen on the 2nd may be the only thing that get me watching this game. at least MSL didn't give the job to Dvorak or Newhook.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't expect to see the real Kirby Dach until at least mid-november
It’s one thing to come back from a leg injury and be a step behind play, but he’s just having brain farts with the puck on his stick which is unlike him. Let’s hope he hasn’t missed too much time in his career that he stagnated

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
It's still a job he can't succeed. Newhook and Armia have no chemistry.

define success here. Because for me it's not finishing the night with 3pts and +4. I want to see if he can follow the pace: generate some offence (even if the two clowns on his wings can finish), I want to see faceoff win and being able to backcheck and play well defensively against a better opposition, quick transition, etc.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
define success here. Because for me it's not finishing the night with 3pts and +4. I want to see if he can follow the pace: generate some offence (even if the two clowns on his wings can finish), I want to see faceoff win and being able to backcheck and play well defensively against a better opposition, quick transition, etc.

Success would be the line looking like it can generate a scoring chance. That's how bad Armia and Newhook have been together.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Some fans thinks that because we have an legit fighter we need to use it... you're forgetting that this isn't boxing, but hockey, but please continu to beleive that you need to puch your way trough a hockey game.
Haha, you haven’t watched much hockey. I can’t tell just by that ridiculous statement.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I guess Arbs still sits. Sigh... I want to like MSL, I really do, but this shit just gets on my nerves more than anything else. Guess he likes watching Pezz being a punching bag.

Reactions: Hannibal

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Success would be the line looking like it can generate a scoring chance. That's how bad Armia and Newhook have been together.
You wont see me disagree on how bad these two looked. As I said, I want Kapanen to generate something offensively, at least try. If that line cant pass the Rangers blue line and spend all their shift in their D zone... that would be a massing fail

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I guess Arbs still sits. Sigh... I want to like MSL, I really do, but this shit just gets on my nerves more than anything else. Guess he likes watching Pezz being a punching bag.
If you wont play him in this situation, they might as well trade him. Stop holding him back.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Haha, you haven’t watched much hockey. I can’t tell just by that ridiculous statement.
Let me see, i'm old enough to have seen the last 5 Stanley cup won by MTL and remembering watching them. I think I know what i'm talking about.

And with that. welcome to my ignore list.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal

yeah Dach have been decent at center. But there's so many chances that should have been points. The Armia breakaway, the Newhook tap in, etc. Dach is rusty but his teammates been off is such a drag.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You wont see me disagree on how bad these two looked. As I said, I want Kapanen to generate something offensively, at least try. If that line cant pass the Rangers blue line and spend all their shift in their D zone... that would be a massing fail

Marty is just being stupid here. If you are already moving Dach up, change the composition of the 2nd line more than just plugging Kapanen in there.

There's nothing to suggest Newhook and Armia should be L2 wingers.

Reactions: PhysicX and vokiel

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
That Heineman does not have a bigger role right now is just mind boggling.
I don't think he's ready for a permanent top 6 spot role and the Evans's line is the only one looking fine right now.

I don't think Kapanen is ready for a top 6 role either, so it's much more likely that his line is going to be the 3rd line tonight and Evans's line is #2...

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Marty is just being stupid here. If you are already moving Dach up, change the composition of the 2nd line more than just plugging Kapanen in there.

There's nothing to suggest Newhook and Armia should be L2 wingers.

Well this is where our lack of depth and "anchor contract" Gally/Anderson really hurt you. You dont have that many options. Once you lock up the 1st line and the 4th line (Gally/Evans/Anderson), you are left with Dovrak, Pezz, Heineman and these 2.

While I would have like to see heineman there on his wing, i'm wondering if MSL isn't trying to "shelter" Kapanen, by playing him with two more experience W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad