LeBrun: Habs planning on being aggressive in free agency this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I really think this is the wrong move long term for Montreal. They should pick high this year and next, accumulate as many picks as they can and then in 24-25 start putting that strong team together. As a leaf fan though I can't be mad about this.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
When I hear this, makes me think the Habs aren’t trading many guys at the TDL and they want to compete next year which IMO is a terrible idea.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I really think this is the wrong move long term for Montreal. They should pick high this year and next, accumulate as many picks as they can and then in 24-25 start putting that strong team together. As a leaf fan though I can't be mad about this.
Yup. I'd say it would be best to avoid committing to long-term contracts to older players, using cap space and ice time to develop guys who've stalled - Clague, Dauphin and the like, and they may well develop into useful players/assets while keeping the team somewhat competitive.

Any UFA signed in 2022 will be an obstacle to keeping a good team together by 2024-2025 or so.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Let’s temper the stereotypes a bit. They’re bad this year, your power of observation is correct. But when was the last time you were in or ever in Montreal for that matter? Yes part of the province is French speaking, but Montreal is fully bilingual with several English boroughs. I live in one of them. And as a bilingual anglophone, let’s not insinuate French is a bad thing, it gives a lot of the province a unique European feel
This is all true! Montreal is awesome! I’ve been there twice! However, you are understating the difficulties that come about living in a mainly French town.
It’s not very tempting for someone from outside of Quebec. For some it might be, but most it’s not, and let’s not pretend we don’t know that’s true.
Most of Europe is bilingual at least as well. Doesn’t mean I’d chose Germany over Vancouver.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The Rangers did good with Panarin.
the last chapter of that contract has not been written, yet. he was very productive so far, but the team not succesful.

we will see, how he will be playing in the rangers true contention years.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Why trade Toffoli if we are going to try and compete next season? Dumb

Not an elite talent. Habs are overflowing with expensive depth pieces - Toffoli being one of them. If they can get an elite player via FA after moving a lot of these depth guys (Savard, Lehkonen, Armia, etc.), the rebuild/retool is looking very solid.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Also, Im friends with someone who knows Kadri.

I dont see him going to the Habs because apparently he really enjoys the Big City vibes. Not that Montreal isnt a big city, but he likes to be in a city where there are multiple other Sports teams and a huge metropolitan city and stuff to do with. He's a huge NBA fan so he def prefers being a market with an NBA team. It's one of the reasons he had no desire to go to Calgary in that reported deal involving Brodie.

Again, just my two cents from what I heard. Obviously, money changes a lot of things. If the habs go all out, then maybe he can't refuse lol.
"Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another...." :skeptic:COLOR ME SKEPTICAL:skeptic:.

Reactions: viceroy

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
How much space is there even? Assuming no Chiarot, Lehkonen, Weber. Assuming Price is back with his big cap hit.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
90% of people in the thread assume the signing will be bad without Lebrun even mentioning a name of who it will be. The Habs hate on the main boards never changes.

Reactions: viceroy

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

It looks like Gorton and his new G.M. called up Pete and informed him about "their plans this off-season" so that Pete could inform the entire hockey world about "their plans this off-season" because that's the standard of stellar management these days . Some people will believe it because they're stupid , others because they can use it as a bludgeon to hate on their least favorite team , the smart ones will recognize it for what it really is ; click bait and money in Petes pocket , much like 95% of the crap these so called insiders put into print .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That's the last thing that a rebuilding team wants to hear.
i wonder if this is all just a bullshit smoke screen . if i were the new habs management the last thing i would be doing is giving out any plans of future intentions . it's like your saying you need a goalie . why drive up the price of goalies on yourself .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad