GDT: Habs @ Philly - Wed Jan 10, 7 PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That was a much better period for Struble. He was just about our only D executing zone exits and pushing the pace from the back.
Watching Marty cringe on the bench continually is getting old. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Just pathetic tonight, boys are sleep walking through this game.
- last on pucks!
- No breakout passes at all, zero, zilch!
-Everything are hope lobs out of the zone so no offensive flow through the neutral zone and this 8 shots over two periods.
- This IS THE TIME to get on your team for their lack of effort tonight!!!!!!

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
8 shots? Lookout folks, Habs are looking good

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Do you refer to them as your friend with benefits?
You tell me

1704937916509.jpeg

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
There is a place down in Windsor (we have great food from being the 4th most multicultural municipality in canada) Sofos, great greek, except the prices have gone up about 75% in the last 4 years. Gyro dinner WAS 10.95 now its 18.50 But holy cow is it packed with meat. Has to be 7-8cm inside the pita. Its almost double a lot of the other places. Perfect mix in the flavour, however with so much meat, the tzatziki sauce is never enough. You could use 2 pitas and and xrta sauce and it would be a lot better.

Donair House has the perfect sauce to meat and is a little cheaper, but its not as thick as your forearm. They have different style fries, but both are great. Another local specialty is the chicken delight, and a lot of pita places have 'replicated' the original to about 95%. but Penalty Box 2 makes the original and best. Sometimes its a variant name like Heidi Delight.

Plus we have so many lebanese places, if you prefer a variant taste from across the mediteranian. Kabobgy has the best Humas, more olive oil, and Mazaars is great but a dryer thicker humas.

lol where is @groovejuice for some pics :D

I make homemade gyros at home, all of it, the meat, pita and tzatiki, it's better than any takeout and way cheaper

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I make homemade gyros at home, all of it, the meat, pita and tzatiki, it's better than any takeout and way cheaper
I've done the costco and zehrs (loblaws chain in southern ontario) half way there platters you make yourself, and they come close, but we don't fry the meat correctly, or the flavour on the spit is different. Sofos has a lineup at 9 at night and they close at 9:30 from thursday to sunday. Mon-wed is a little better, usually only 2-3 people deep. Its funny because we have a chick-fil-A and i think they are going to go under. No one is ever there. In the states the line up around the block. I was blown away in Kentucky. That being said its good..because they brine the chicken, but KFC, Popeye, Wendys, Harveys. Arbys A&W and even DQ do good chicken. Fry it quick keep the moisture and its delicious. (wendys could be a bit thicker but taste profile on the spicy is great-I have low standards )
So chick-fila as I call it is fine, but i wouldn't drive there if something else was on the way. Lots of good fastfood options, or a chicken delight pita!

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not much talent behind our top 3 or 4 guys up front.
It's a huge problem.
I don't feel we have even one line that doesn't have weaknesses.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad