GDT: Habs @ Pens | October 13th 2015 7PM | RDS, CITYM, ROOT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Interesting GDT. Good luck to the Habs tonight. This place really isn't fun to post at anymore and it looks like it might be time to move on.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I am so sorry my GDT offended some of you. That was NEVER my intention.
I don't hate DD, Quebec or anything related to French.
I understand the mods decision and I will be more carefull in the future. I'll post a modified version of the GDT. I hope it won't offend anyone.

Again sorry and I mean it.

I like/don't hate DD so most would have me on the "offended" side. Your GDT was fine IMO, its just that there are so many mouth breather on this board who will take any opportunity to turn it into the same DD bash thread we've had a million times. Its not that everything has to be PC and no one can have their feelings hurt, some of us are just tired of the dead horse being beaten.

And it was a great looking GDT.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Double checked and i was present in both threads. :laugh:
I didn't bother replying to the sarcastic post in the DD thread if that is what you are referring to?
We had already addressed the plus minus issue to some extent.
But know this had it been your post I would have replyed out of respect! ;)
Haha. I was just pulling your leg my friend. I didn't get any turkey dinner!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I understand the mods decision and I will be more carefull in the future. I'll post a modified version of the GDT. I hope it won't offend anyone.

Cheers Bro,
You are still on the ballet for best in show! ;)

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
I expect goals.

Fleury is all or nothing and has a tendency to bring his Z game against us.

Pens defense is bad.

Pens offense will want to get going and the team will likely naturally press hard to score. If we weather the storms we'll get some juicy counter attack opportunities.

GO HABS GO!!!

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Mostly, you ruined my election themed gdt idea :laugh:

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I know it's early but hoping the Habs can show they are legit this year and knock off teams like the Pens on the regular. I also hope they keep Kessel off the board and get the PP going, go Habs!

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

I see with your edit you understand now what was the problem with that GDT. It was still a great work though.

quidam1981

Oct 31, 2008
Thanks Morrocan for the GDT. I was part of the "complainers", maybe over-sensitive to language issues. I actually find the revised one funnier...

On "hockey" level, I do think that Desharnais doesn't belong on the first line; and I actually think that MT will unfortunately put him back on that line to center Pacioretty, seeing that the Gally-Plek-Pac line has been pretty average... Because MT will MT.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

I feel for you, bro. I know how much hard work you put into these.

You don't have to justify your 'motivations' or 'agenda' for this GDT, it was fairly obvious everything was done tongue-in-cheek. Sadly, it means that those of us who spend the free time that we don't really have trying to entertain the masses with a few silly 'shoops will have to be more careful in the future in order to avoid offending this board's more sensitive members.

Or not.

Or just plain stop posting those amazing GDTs altogether.

Such is the price to pay when you live in virtual society.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I like the edited GDT better actually. Shows how pathetic our media really is when it comes to certain issues.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
The moderators made the decision to remove the GDT, Moroccan can post another if he likes. Please continue discussing the game tonight, any further discussion about the GDT or the politics thereof will be removed with warnings or infractions. If you do have questions or anything you wish to discuss please message the moderators privately. Thanks.

Thank you!

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I like/don't hate DD so most would have me on the "offended" side. Your GDT was fine IMO, its just that there are so many mouth breather on this board who will take any opportunity to turn it into the same DD bash thread we've had a million times. Its not that everything has to be PC and no one can have their feelings hurt, some of us are just tired of the dead horse being beaten.

And it was a great looking GDT.

Agreed, I got a good laugh out of the GDT as well, the DD stuff was funny. And I'm in the group that thinks he's a useful player. Love that we have three lines that can create offense this year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I loved both your GDT. Elite as always.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your work and am sorry about the fallout.

I don't think you need say anything about not being hateful cause I got it from the start that your intentions were honest and that you're an artist who merely used the freedom of expression that most artists enjoy.

If you choose to be too careful in the future, it'll also mean that the usual satirical GDT standard will be that much more watered down. Hopefully, with the passage of time, this will be seen as just an unfortunate turn of events.

As far as the duct tape additions in your new GDT post, sounds like something Desharnais' biographer and family would have concocted. Or answers to soft-ball questions from Mario Langlois. :sarcasm:

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Thanks Morrocan for the GDT. I was part of the "complainers", maybe over-sensitive to language issues. I actually find the revised one funnier...

I think everyone can agree that GDT's are meant to entertain, have fun and provide a good starting point for all to have a great conversation before the game.

Sometimes that conversation can go in directions in other than hockey or into uncomfortable areas, whether intentional or not, and I think a GDT reset was a prudent idea. Although I did enjoy the satire of the first one, I realize that subjects that I might not personally be sensitive too, other fans might, and we have an obligation to respect that when concerns are raised. And I think that respect was certainly shown by all involved in the response. Nice work by all involved.

Having said that, the I too find the revised one funnier as well.

Excellent GDT.:)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
The edits makes it even funnier, good job Moroccan lol

And please continue creating GDTs, don't let this little incident stop you!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm still predicting Pittsburgh gets it together and has a strong season. Their D is a huge question-mark, but that offence is due to explode anytime now. Let's hope it remains in a coma for another day...

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Pittsburgh is gonna be hungry but yet again...

11214351_847200918710915_3447892184925118648_n.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm still predicting Pittsburgh gets it together and has a strong season. Their D is a huge question-mark, but that offence is due to explode anytime now. Let's hope it remains in a coma for another day...

Doesn't Pittsburgh seem to have our number?
I keep getting flashes of overtime losses involving Letang for some reason. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad