GDT: Habs @ Pens | October 13th 2015 7PM | RDS, CITYM, ROOT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Having Chuck and Larry switch positions has really done wonders on both their games. Chuck gets to keep moving and have the puck a lot more, Larry gets to have the puck a lot less ( A good thing) and concentrate on doing simple things. Too bad it took a couple seasons to get to that point...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Mitchell pickup has turned out better than I thought. He really seems to be enjoying his time playing at home and he has been pretty effective on the 4th line. He's a upgrade on Malhotra.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good period. Still early in the season, but the team is looking great. Eller is really getting that steal the puck from behind move down pat.

All the lines are clicking. I was never a Flynn fan, but he's starting to make me believe that he's more than just a guy in a sweater. That he can be a player.

Everyone is playing well. No complaints. Seems weird.:laugh:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Eller's brain improved over the summer

No.

Playing with talented players that won't kill the play every time they touch the puck makes a big difference, though.

The whole "Eller has no IQ" is a myth to begin with.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I may not like Therrien, but games like this remind me that he is not the worst coach possible.

For all the criticism he got for our slow starts last year, since the first game we've come out strong and scored in all four 1st periods so far

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Okay.... just got online .... does anyone else notice how BAD our passing is. Can't pass or receive one this year.

The game is so fast now, the moment you let the puck slide off the stick or have to look down to relocate the puck, you have a man on you.

I counted three chances that were missed because the forward couldn't recieve the pass cleanly.

Markov's play is also worrying me a little bit

On the positive, very strong on the puck and our pursuit has been terrific so far this year.

I disagree. The passing is good enough.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Okay.... just got online .... does anyone else notice how BAD our passing is. Can't pass or receive one this year.

The game is so fast now, the moment you let the puck slide off the stick or have to look down to relocate the puck, you have a man on you.

I counted three chances that were missed because the forward couldn't recieve the pass cleanly.

On the positive, very strong on the puck and our pursuit has been terrific so far this year.

Bobbling simple passes is nothing new with this club.

As for Markov, I don't know how much more you can expect from him this year.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
The Mitchell pickup has turned out better than I thought. He really seems to be enjoying his time playing at home and he has been pretty effective on the 4th line. He's a upgrade on Malhotra.

4 mins at EV that period vs Crosby line and Malkin line and he's had 4 shot attempts for and 1 against combined. Pretty damn solid against them so far.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Pittsburgh transition game is so ****ing bad

Indeed. People can say what they want about their ability to defend, but outside of Letang and Maatta there is no one else that can actually transition the puck, which makes things hard on their forwards in today's NHL.

Rob Scuderi in particular is horrible right now. He's just slightly better than what Douglas Murray was offering a few years back, and (almost) everyone here remembers just how bad Douglas could be.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Bad passing has plagued us for a few years now.
I mention it every week but no one seems to think it's an issue.
We can't execute odd man advantages it's pathetic really.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
This thread is funny. Posters go gaga after one period of fine play against a team sleeping at the wheel.

If Montreal falters in the 2nd watch this thread lite up like a freaking Christmas tree.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
No.

Playing with talented players that won't kill the play every time they touch the puck makes a big difference, though.

The whole "Eller has no IQ" is a myth to begin with.

agreed, ..pisses me off but prust was finished 2 years ago and couldnt leave eller's side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad