Post-Game Talk: Habs make it to the SC Finals!!!! Beat Vegas in OT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Bbe4M0h.gif

qHxV8xS.gif

d1d1hni.gif

Celebrate!

Happy to see you Runner77 get the honours of the SCF postgame thread.

GHG!

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
hope some of you younger guys realize that this may not happen again for a long, long time.

enjoy the ride and leave the whine in the cellar

FINALS BABY
Truth. Caps and Blues haven't won a series since they won their cups.

How many very good regular seasons did the Habs have, only to hit the wall once the playoffs started? This was a team built for the style of play during the playoffs.

Don't think it's a coincidence that bringing in winning players like Perry, Toffoli, Edmundson, Staal, etc helped add to a winning attitude in the locker room that started when they beat the Pens last summer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Evan's is ready, who comes put?

Hard to mess with team chemistry. Only player who's been up and down has been Staal with all his turnovers.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
As much throughout my life despising MTL I laughed when I saw the meme on Facebook that said 'Toronto hasn't won a playoff series in 17 years.. Montreal just won 2 series in 8 days" :laugh:

Now that we're here, I must say I am glad the Islanders took you guys out. Only year it would be possible for us to meet in the finals. I know there are a few people on either side who would have loved that, but its kinda like cheering for a nuclear war. The mutually assured destruction of members of both our fanbases by cardiac arrest is best avoided. Here is to the Habs and Bruins never ever meeting again in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Hard to mess with team chemistry. Only player who's been up and down has been Staal with all his turnovers.

He also had a pretty big goal in game 5. You don't touch this lineup. All of the lines are doing well. 4th hasn't been as good as the Jets series but that line I feel like could come up bug in the finals.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

I think the only way is if someone is playing badly injured. Staal may not be killing it. But he did score a big goal. And his leadership helps more than it may seem, IMO. Either way. Good problems to have!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

No one will but ideally Staal. I’d have Evans with Byron and Anderson as they would compliment each other well, speed and north-south. KK with Perry and Armia for puck possession and cycling.

But they won’t ever take out Staal.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
After two periods tonight:

Stone had
0 goals
0 assists
0 shots on goal
0 shot attempts
0 hits
0 takeaways
0 blocked shots
0/1 faceoffs

If I were the Knights, I would seriously think about changing my offense a bit.
Stone's a playmaker first and Stephenson is not a finisher while Max Pac doesn't pay the price, so unless he is setting up Theo/Pietrangelo, he's not going to score much.

Plus he tends to no show as the going gets tough, like when he did very little against Pittsburgh when Ottawa was in the Finals.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
No one will but ideally Staal. I’d have Evans with Byron and Anderson as they would compliment each other well, speed and north-south. KK with Perry and Armia for puck possession and cycling.

But they won’t ever take out Staal.
You are not making big change like that with the lineup. If Evans in it means he would replace either Staal or Lekohnen or Byron. You made an one on one switch and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad