Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Good thing for loser points, the Habs would be .500 without them. 2 wins in their last 8 games should be unacceptable, especially when they play Ottawa 4 times in that span.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Not a playoff team with this current coaching staff.

We need a new staff but not sure how much better it'll get. The D is immobile and poorly built and we have a 10.5 million dollar goalie sinking us. The biggest upswing to a coaching change, at this point, is the development of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Honestly can't wait for Muller to be gone, so sick of just having to watch that PP. Julien too, obviously.

Reactions: Tyson

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
r7wzJnZx7Fgtk0xhjbFmO0NhIiii_SHNHPH6UR_A1Ek-Buf9321nT52_FPymVa43_vYIEu9uyro9nvFa8dPo8b18ec7N-tMqESKOwt1it0rHaqeQ40yCJ3_Kx10Zikd52jNfA2aaR9iON0ZyPUc

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Can you guys tell me what is Price’s strength ?

he got beat upstairs and also in the five hole.

Sounding like a broken record but this guy is done and should be a backup goalie.
Giving up soft goals so far this season seems to be his thing.
He’s not even an average goalie at the moment.

Reactions: dnl4ever

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This isn't about losing a game or almost winning it apart from a questionable goalie interference call.

If this team wants to be considered a good team you cannot have ottawa be that close.

Now...shit happens. Teams lose. Even good teams.

But we keep losing to Ottawa. No disrespect to them but they aren't very good and we should be able to beat them but haven't. Says something.

Reactions: PhysicX

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Looking more like we have a mediocre team. No elite forward or D. A phantom elite goalie.

The team needs a real shakeup. More talent than they are showing. Or do they?

Hard to believe this team didnt have Toffoli or Anderson last year and now how realize just how bad we were.

No KK in OT. But Armia? Brutal. At least put Bryon and his speed out there.

I really dont even care at this point if we make the playoffs. We are pretty bad. This is not a hiccup.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's the thing, a 10.5 million player is supposed to be at least very good despite everything else. That is what a star does.

If we need another top pairing D so Price can play very well he's not a 10.5 million goalie.
I'm not arguing Price has been good mate, and I don't think any goalie is worth that money, had argued as much when he was an upcoming UFA.

But he's still not the problem. The team in front is playing like shit. It's like the moment Price allows a bad goal then fans forego the pathetic attempt at hockey put forth by the team in front.

Reactions: PhysicX

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Idk if anyone else caught it, but about 10 seconds after the final horn they're showing the players going off to the room.

Two things I noticed:

1) Danault is laughing and smiling broadly pointing to a player off screen

2) Nobody made eye contact with Price, and not one player gave him a stick tap or bump.

:skeptic: :huh:

Danault was giving it to the refs. Probably gave them a standing ovation.

And, when a goalie loses like Price did, you don't talk to them. Nothing to say. Price knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad