Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Feels like the chorus of a song but:

The negatives:

We are too small up front, we don’t have any secondary scoring, our veterans are somehow usually our worst players, and we get run out of our rink. Our top line is awful and our other lines are worse. Our tough guy has been emasculated again because we have nothing up front to help him, and our breakouts and offensive zone plays look like they’re designed for Peewee hockey teams.

The positives:

Montembeault played well. Lane Hutson is playing half an hour a game already. Needs to really work on his shot though because teams are cheating on him to pass. Thought Heineman played solid, while he works on adjusting to the NHL. Justin Barron continues to play well and scored a nice goal. That’s about it.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
That was awful. Against Ottawa I was somewhat surprised that Lane Hutson was already the best player on ice in his fifth match, now it's just sad how much this team relies on him. First period was decent but from there on it was an absolute ass for a performance. At the moment Habs is a one line team and if that line plays subpar or badly, there's very little they can do. No one expected this season to be easy or Canadiens being above bottom third but this Kings team wasn't very good at all. They just whiffed last two periods.

True,

It's shocking.

And come contract time Kent is gonna get bent over.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
This has to stop. There’s no f***ing excuse for that type of performance.

The year went off the rails the moment Laine was hurt. So deflating 😔

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Could it be the whole "in the mix" mentality is putting a pressure on this group that they haven't felt before?

I was thinking that last year, they learned how to be competitive, and that this year, they would learn how to win games., but it's like they went back to the drawing board or something.

Hopefully this is a simple case of taking 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

At least Hutson is really fun to watch

durojean

May 29, 2007
Cole Caufield is supposed to be some kind of offensive dynamo. He's the reason michkov wasn't drafted, he's paid 8 millions, he gets every opportunities, he gets all the support, he gets praise everywhere, but I haven't seen him be dynamic since 2021.

It may be time to move on.

And he's also the reason why you draft BPA.
He was our best forward tonight… at least he tried.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Nobody played well. That was hard to watch. I really don't think MSL can motivate this sack of shit team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's my point. I love Cole if he's gonna score 40 a year. I don't love Cole if he's gonna score 23 a year.
He is not a first line player end of f***ing story.
He's an exploitationist not a head to head match up guy.
It's as f***ing plain as the nose on my face.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If I’m being totally honest I expected way more from this team. Since the start of the season;

- Slaf is super soft, gets pushed around and doesn’t win any puck battles
- Suzuki is nearly invisible. It’s as if he doesn’t want to touch the puck anymore
- Dach is a giveaway machine. Forces plays, bad passes and constantly loses puck battles
- Newhook is also invisible. Bad camp & bad start to the year

Without those 4 generating chances and spending time in the OZ, Montreal will not win hockey games. It’s that simple

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
We can’t go spread our skills on the bottom 2 lines. Stock up the 3rd line and get a grinder line that doesn’t score but doesn’t get scored on. As for Anderson, he doesn’t look like he can score another goal in his career.

Reactions: PhysicX

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Our system in our zone is painful to watch. Opponents could cycle for 2 hours if they wanted. Oh yeah we box them out but we don't have possession either. By the time we get the puck it's time to change the line.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If I’m being totally honest I expected way more from this team. Since the start of the season;

- Slaf is super soft, gets pushed around and doesn’t win any puck battles
- Suzuki is nearly invisible. It’s as if he doesn’t want to touch the puck anymore
- Dach is a giveaway machine. Forces plays, bad passes and constantly loses puck battles
- Newhook is also invisible. Bad camp & bad start to the year

Without those 4 generating chances and spending time in the OZ, Montreal will not win hockey games. It’s that simple

Ouch.

Honesty hurts the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad