Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He has 4 goals in 5 games, relax.

He's not paid to be more than what he is, which is score goals and be average basically otherwise. If he can score 35+ the value is fine.

I'm way more concerned with Dach although we need to be patient. All in all the habs were brutal but they were also a few missed chances away from tying it in the 3rd.

Anyone who is expecting anything more than a 20th place finish league wide this season is optimistic
He scored 4 goals in 5 games, but whats it gonna be in 82? He doesnt move the needle at all and he does a lot, and I mean, A LOT, of boneheaded plays.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
This team doesn’t have the skill or depth to overcome MSL being badly out coached every night.

If NS isn’t on, the team is toast. The guy is the habs, the rest are passengers. Monty has to be perfect every night or it’s an up hill battle.

Said it in preseason, team has holes everywhere and will finish with less points than last year.

Reactions: Ozmodiar and Habano

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Big f***ing deal he's also coughed up the puck a gazillion times.

Yes because he's not there to carry it. It's a off game BUT that team isn't good enough. I don't know why people are frustrating about it... this is simple. We're not there yet.

Missed the game. Did Hutson really played 30 mins or NHL website is bugged ?

yes he did.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Offensively, the team is lackluster.
In the neutral zone, it's very mid at the moment.
In our own zone, it's a f***ing shit show of epic proportions. Seriously, what have I watched?

Anyhow, some players are unrecognizable, while the vets... Well, they're definitely leading by a piss poor example, besides Savard.
Armia, Gallagher, Dvorak, Evans and Anderson are all absent. Offensive black holes that suck out all enjoyment and belief I have in this team.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
That was awful. Against Ottawa I was somewhat surprised that Lane Hutson was already the best player on ice in his fifth match, now it's just sad how much this team relies on him. First period was decent but from there on it was an absolute ass for a performance. At the moment Habs is a one line team and if that line plays subpar or badly, there's very little they can do. No one expected this season to be easy or Canadiens being above bottom third but this Kings team wasn't very good at all. They just whiffed last two periods.
Hutson could dangle all day, his teammates have no clue where to go. Lines have no chemistry and players have no individual roles on their line. I guess that's concept coaching for you.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He is not a first line player end of f***ing story.
He's an exploitationist not a head to head match up guy.
It's as f***ing plain as the nose on my face.
Massively overrated. He holds the NS, Slaf line back. A perimeter player playing out of position on the first line. He’s a 2nd line guy.

Reactions: Ozmodiar and Rapala

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, we suck. Kings have been doormats the last 2 games, and are playing a back-to-back and they walk out with a 4-1 win.

Dvorak is terrible and has lost the ability to win draws, which was his primary usefulness. Now, he truly is useless.

Our D couldn't handle Kings speed at all. How many f***ing breakaways did Kings get?!

The PK continues to be good, but the PP still sucks. Dach shouldn't be on it. He's been beyond bad on all areas of the rink. He was -3 tonight, and deservedly so, so much for the optimism of his return.

Put Newhook on the 1st PP unit for God's sake at least he'll shoot.

The 5 on 5 play continues to be atrocious. We are 32nd in all statistics for 5 on 5. Dead f***ing last. The forwards aren't helping the D & the D are completely lost.

Hutson was -2 tonight, but I thought he had a good game. He really tried to push the play, and is one of our better Ds on defense already. Barron was probably our best D.

Xhekaj is too slow right now. We'll see how long Matheson is out for. I would recall Mailloux.

Not only are we not making the playoffs, we're not even going to be close. We may actually finish 32nd this year. Not only do I not see any improvements from last year, we may actually be worse than last year when we finished 5th last.

It's going to be a long season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, we suck. Kings have been doormats the last 2 games, and are playing a back-to-back and they walk out with a 4-1 win.

Dvorak is terrible and has lost the ability to win draws, which was his primary usefulness. Now, he truly is useless.

Our D couldn't handle Kings speed at all. How many f***ing breakaways did Kings get?!

The PK continues to be good, but the PP still sucks. Dach shouldn't be on it. He's been beyond bad on all areas of the rink. He was -3 tonight, and deservedly so, so much for the optimism of his return.

Put Newhook on the 1st PP unit for God's sake at least he'll shoot.

The 5 on 5 play continues to be atrocious. We are 32nd in all statistics for 5 on 5. Dead f***ing last. The forwards aren't helping the D & the D are completely lost.

Hutson was -2 tonight, but I thought he had a good game. He really tried to push the play, and is one of our better Ds on defense already. Barron was probably our best D.

Xhekaj is too slow right now. We'll see how long Matheson is out for. I would recall Mailloux.

Not only are we not making the playoffs, we're not even going to be close. We may actually finish 32nd this year. Not only do I not see any improvements from last year, we may actually be worse than last year when we finished 5th last.

It's going to be a long season.
It's evident that they may need to recall a Dman...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes because he's not there to carry it. It's a off game BUT that team isn't good enough. I don't know why people are frustrating about it... this is simple. We're not there yet.

yes he did.
We won't be getting there with Cole Caufield on the first line either. This isn't a recent sentiment.
I was hoping they would move him with Kirby before the season ever started then we got Patrik and it kind of made sense to ease Laine in.
There is no longer an excuse now neither of out top lines look good. Unfortunately Slaf will probably be the one to get moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad