Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
First time in years that I've been mad at the team for their performance. Specifically the top two lines. That's a good thing in that expectations have increased, but bad in that they're not being met. Our play in the defensive end continues to be a tire fire and we are getting no sustained pressure in the offensive end. It's early, but this type of effort isn't going to cut it.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He’s neutered. Fear of making mistakes or being demoted. Fear of playing his game in case he gets the odd penalty. Fear of fighting because the D is then short handed (and this isn’t his fault because Habs don’t have enough grit, size or intimidation up front)

And he’s not the only dman who looks lost
I’ll go with he was never that good to begin with. A 6/7 at best but because he can fight he was overhyped on these boards.

Chili

Time passes when you're not looking
Jun 10, 2004
Team hasn't been the same since they traded Sean Monahan. In fairness to the players, management could give them some help, they have been very passive. If Matheson is out for a while, interested to see what they do.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
True,

It's shocking.

And come contract time Kent is gonna get bent over.
Kent better sign him the very minute he's eligible for extension. It will be eight figures a year and hopefully he doesn't try any shenanigans.

I wonder what they do with Kirby Dach. Right now it doesn't look like he's worth a long-term commitment. He is super rusty but I wish Habs would look for a top-6 center. At the free agency or via trade. He's so far away for being good enough to lead contender's 2nd line.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Will that same patience apply to Justin Barron?

Wifi isn’t an everyday nhl D, it’s obvious.
Maybe. Comes down to what the team needs on D. It’s possible 3 of these guys aren’t everyday D. Yet . And savard looks washed up. Defenseman take years to develop. I guess they can sit arber and let him rot until one of the other 31 teams trades for him. Then we can all complain again for 20 years about how baby shit soft the team is in all 3 zones

Reactions: Habs13 and Habano

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe. Comes down to what the team needs on D. It’s possible 3 of these guys aren’t everyday D. And savard looks washed up. Defenseman take years to develop. I guess they can sit arber and let him rot until one of the other 31 teams trades for him. Then we can all complain again for 20 years about how baby shit soft the team is in all 3 zones
In the meantime, in NJ, Kovacevic is playing top-four….

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
A few questions...

1. only Suzuki plays like a top 6 player, the other centers like 4th line players (Dach for objective reasons), from d-men have a sense of combination, first pass only Hutson and Guhle (Matheson is injured in that game, at least according minutes). So how do you want to keep the puck? The centers' and d-men play is basic.
2. When 4/5 forwards have a shot a la "I'll shoot and hopefully hit the net", you expect goals?
3. When only Guhle and Savard have a sense of positioning on defense and even that David needs to be pushed? A quality defense?

Honestly, even in Columbus, your team would only be the first line, and Guhle and Hutson on defense. With only Suzuki and Caufield in the top 6. Although Johnson only plays third line because of improving the third line offense , otherwise he's a top 6 player.

In defense even only Guhle and Hutson, with neither first pair, there are Werenski and Provorov.

Age is still important, experienced players with a sense of combination know how to play if there are problems with their play. You have only Gallagher and Armia, but Brendan plays with players who prefer vertical hockey.

Also your team is too young.

Btw, teams did not play too much games, so even if they play back-to back games players are not tired. And Armia in the second line is tragedy. Even Mathieu Olivier would be better.

Look, you have good team, but Dach must return his play. When Nyquist did not play the whole 2020/21 season, he returned his play only in November 2021. And without it you the second line will be maximum something between 3rd and 4th line.

Last edited:

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
HUTSON BABY
rs0mbrxrjsua1.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad