Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
First time in years that I've been mad at the team for their performance. Specifically the top two lines. That's a good thing in that expectations have increased, but bad in that they're not being met. Our play in the defensive end continues to be a tire fire and we are getting no sustained pressure in the offensive end. It's early, but this type of effort isn't going to cut it.
It can be salvaged if the team is held accountable. It’s looking like being a “players coach” might have been good for getting the core through times of expected failure. But what happens when you need to start winning.. does this coach have it in him to be the “bad guy”.

A problem is.. there is no one on our roster as good as our head coach was on an off day.. what congruity does he have with these players to reach them?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I don't know where to start with that game. We look so disorganized and very few players are giving us what we should expect from them.

If we continue playing like we did in the last two games, I don't think a last place finish is out of the question. Which team is going to be worse than that? I can't confidently say any will be.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Maybe. Comes down to what the team needs on D. It’s possible 3 of these guys aren’t everyday D. And savard looks washed up. Defenseman take years to develop. I guess they can sit arber and let him rot until one of the other 31 teams trades for him. Then we can all complain again for 20 years about how baby shit soft the team is in all 3 zones
Who cares if he is tough if he can’t play. He should be in Laval.

Team is soft with him on it, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I think this game will be a wakeup call for this group. They either come out flying on Saturday and maybe they go on a lil streak or they come out flat and the tank talks are going to get pretty loud

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
There like 2-4 guys that move their feet the rest are always late to react, that is one of the reason we always get beat to puck and one on one because the opposing team just first on the puck or are able to get body position to win the battle…

One of the issue is that I think that player get more attention and recognition Win or lose than player winning the cup in other city these guy need to realize that the grace period is about to end a lot of that positive will be negative, also need to realize that all that extra stuff isn’t helping them…. Slaf, Suzuki, CC, Xhekaj, Dach are core pieces and they aren’t having any impact…I know Laine injury kinda crush all momentum but guys aren’t focus and alert on the ice, there is definitely something missing…

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
All we should want during a rebuild is a glimpse of progress and a damn effort. Where is the leadership?
Leadership isn’t the problem. It’s lack of skill, no depth, and a horribad coaching staff. The team is shit. Gally has been good so far and working his tail off, it ain’t a leadership problem (on ice), coaching (leadership, I guess) 100%

There like 2-4 guys that move their feet the rest are always late to react, that is one of the reason we always get beat to puck and one on one because the opposing team just first on the puck or are able to get body position to win the battle…

One of the issue is that I think that player get more attention and recognition Win or lose than player winning the cup in other city these guy need to realize that the grace period is about to end a lot of that positive will be negative, also need to realize that all that extra stuff isn’t helping them…. Slaf, Suzuki, CC, Xhekaj, Dach are core pieces and they aren’t having any impact…I know Laine injury kinda crush all momentum but guys aren’t focus and alert on the ice, there is definitely something missing…
Wifi a core piece?????

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Who cares if he is tough if he can’t play. He should be in Laval.

Team is soft with him on it, lol.
Whatever. He’s not the problem with the team. There are 15 other problems ahead of a gritty, young, bottom pair dman right now. Start your complaints with the coaching tactics and work your way down to careless vets, and a poorly built team that is smallish and lacks offensive skill that is easily shutdown by bigger teams

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Leadership isn’t the problem. It’s lack of skill, no depth, and a horribad coaching staff. The team is shit. Gally has been good so far and working his tail off, it ain’t a leadership problem (on ice), coaching 100%
Where is the effort? Isn't that part of leadership when your team doesn't compete and match the intensity of a team that comes into town having played the night before. It's 100% lack of effort driven by weak leadership.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Leadership isn’t the problem. It’s lack of skill, no depth, and a horribad coaching staff. The team is shit. Gally has been good so far and working his tail off, it ain’t a leadership problem (on ice), coaching (leadership, I guess) 100%

Wifi a core piece?????
Leadership IS the problem. When the leader, Suzuki, is doing nothing it doesn't set a good example.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Leadwership IS the problem. When the leader, Suzuki, is doing nothing it doesn't set a good example.
Bullshit, NS has carried this team for yrs. This mess isn’t on him.

They have a very poor top 6, an even shittier bottom 6, and a putrid D core. That’s the problem, the talent around ND blows chunks. Dude had to carry this shitty team on his back.

The overall team as it’s put together is horrible, not to mention they are coached by a guy who is so far out of his league it’s laughable.

NS is one of the only few keepers on this team.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I like Marty and we’re 5 games in, but in the same way I hated Bergevin for falling in love with the mediocre journeyman, I fear he likes a certain kind of player and that’s it and he’s teaching the type of tactics that are easily shutdown and encourage perimeter play.
I hope I’m wrong.

Pezz is an example. He thrived last year after Marty took his leave of absence. He even had a good preseason. Hasn’t sniffed a game yet. This team is asleep

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

They have a very poor top 6, shitty bottom 6, and a putrid D core. That’s the problem, the talent around him blows chunks.
Absolute garbage. What the hell do you expect. MB left an effing pile of crap. There isn't going to be a solid d until guys like Reinbacher, Mailloux et al are ready to contribute. The forwards are a work in progress. and held bac by turds like Armia and Dvorak. MSL may need help and may not be doing enough to lead. But leadership is the one thing that should be better. Suzuki is always meeting with management to find out what they plan to do. Well Nick YOU will have to do better.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012

They have a very poor top 6, an even shittier bottom 6, and a putrid D core. That’s the problem, the talent around ND blows chunks. Dude had to carry this shitty team on his back.

The overall team as it’s put together is horrible, not to mention they are coached by a guy who is so far out of his league it’s laughable.

NS is one of the only few keepers on this team.
Yeah I love NS, the only leadership to blame afaic is the coaching

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Absolute garbage. What the hell do you expect. MB left an effing pile of crap. There isn't going to be a solid d until guys like Reinbacher, Mailloux et al are ready to contribute. The forwards are a work in progress. and held bac by turds like Armia and Dvorak. MSL may need help. But leadership is the one thing that should be better. Suzuki is always meeting with management to find out what they plan to do. Well Nick YOU will have to do better.
Complete non-sense to put this on Nick, total joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad