Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Dvo killed us in the last 10 minutes.

Clear 2 on 1 - doesn't do anything. Doesn't pass, doesn't shoot. Just blanks. Gets the puck taken.

Another odd man rush, Hutson streaking down the ice throws it cross crease.. Dvo misses the puck completely.

Sent out for a D zone faceoff, loses it insanely clean. 3-1. Game over.

The guy either just doesn't care or is that bad. In either case, waive his ass. I've seen enough.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Cole Caufield is supposed to be some kind of offensive dynamo. He's the reason michkov wasn't drafted, he's paid 8 millions, he gets every opportunities, he gets all the support, he gets praise everywhere, but I haven't seen him be dynamic since 2021.

It may be time to move on.

And he's also the reason why you draft BPA.
If he isn’t actively scoring goals he is genuinely useless and unfortunately he’s a 20 goal scorer

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Before the comments of us looking unorganized and soft, please remember that we have 3 rookies out there - I'm not trying to make excuses but there's a reason why you don't see any top teams with that many rookies out there

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
We good dawg!

IMG_1114.png

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
smallish team with crappy vets and a youngish core.
I don't know why Pezzetta isn't playing to at least wake these
guys up.
I find Arber is in a difficult situation, as he's the only real physical presence on the team outside of Pezzetta (anderson, yeah right) and he can't fight because habs are then down to 5 D. The trade-off with 4th line goons is terrible, so he seems afraid to play on the edge.
As I've already written, so many holes up front with guys like Dvorak collecting pay checks and that's' about it.
Second line is a 3rd line and Dach is still playing himself into game shape.
Cannot wait for Hage and Demidov to get here, and Florian / Tuch get enough reps to create a true 4th line.
The team is just not built properly, especially up front.
Can't rely on a 5'9 162 lbs dman and 5'7 sniper along with a 5'9 gally to win games vs big trapping team

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Before the comments of us looking unorganized and soft, please remember that we have 3 rookies out there - I'm not trying to make excuses but there's a reason why you don't see any top teams with that many rookies out there
Is Caufield a f***ing rookie?
He's starting to PISS ME OFF more than Max Patch ever did.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Cole Caufield is supposed to be some kind of offensive dynamo. He's the reason michkov wasn't drafted, he's paid 8 millions, he gets every opportunities, he gets all the support, he gets praise everywhere, but I haven't seen him be dynamic since 2021.

He has 4 goals in 5 games, relax.

He's not paid to be more than what he is, which is score goals and be average basically otherwise. If he can score 35+ the value is fine.

I'm way more concerned with Dach although we need to be patient. All in all the habs were brutal but they were also a few missed chances away from tying it in the 3rd.

Anyone who is expecting anything more than a 20th place finish league wide this season is optimistic

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.

I don’t know if you’re joking or not? He’s scored 1/3 of our goals.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
That was awful. Against Ottawa I was somewhat surprised that Lane Hutson was already the best player on ice in his fifth match, now it's just sad how much this team relies on him. First period was decent but from there on it was an absolute ass for a performance. At the moment Habs is a one line team and if that line plays subpar or badly, there's very little they can do. No one expected this season to be easy or Canadiens being above bottom third but this Kings team wasn't very good at all. They just whiffed last two periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad