Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Boston

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Boston defense maybe good. Their forwards are crap.
But they are big, strong, agressive. Also defense has great the first pass, that's why they have a quick transition into OZ. Compare with your. Also don't forget the experience and the fact that Dach hasn't played all season, Armia played in the second line but he wouldn't have played higher than third in Boston either. And look: Suzuki - 25, Dach - 23, Newhook - 23, Slafkovský - 21.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
When it comes to handling the puck I think Primeau is the worst goalie I’ve ever seen
To me, Primeau's weakness is that he plays way, way too much on his knees. That tendency makes him vulnerable to high shots and greatly limits his mobility in the crease. I don't think that tendency can be coached away.

Last edited:

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
This team is easily bottom 10, maybe worse. Montembeault will have to play like Price on a regular basis if they want to finish higher than that.

Hutson was the best player again, Matheson still trash on the PP — wake the **** up Marty. Top 6 needs to be way better —Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf all invisible at even strength, rough game for Dach but he’ll need time won’t be too hard on him.

Team as a whole is trash defensively, constantly stuck in the D zone and can’t get out. Hard to watch.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
To me, Primeau's weakness is that he plays way, way to much on his knees. That tendency makes him vulnerable to high shots and greatly limits his mobility in the crease. I don't think that tendency can be coached away.
I won't say you are wrong but those two goals he gave up off the left side of his crease just can't happen. Those were team killers.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
This was pretty much a scheduled loss so it was always going to be about whether we could find some positives in the loss or not and there were definitely some positives.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Bruins keep getting bigger and bigger..they must have about 10 guys that look like Shrek out there lol. I guess getting slapped around by Panthers two years in a row in the playoffs will do that to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and Habano

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Primeau was really bad, but let s face it Swayman was not much better tonight. For me that s always the same issues coming back :
Transition game, forwards don t propose immediate solutions to the Dmen so they have to do these long stretch passes which rarely work
Possession game, little ability to keep pressure in the o zone
Defensive coverage, collapsing around the net leaving way too much space to opponents and confusing coverage across players leading to several goals

Not the end of the world, some games you win, some you lose, but if this team really wants to play some offense as Hughes said, they ll need to have the puck more and to shoot more.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Lane Hutson going ppg this season
calder-trophy.jpg

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
This team is easily bottom 10, maybe worse. Montembeault will have to play like Price on a regular basis if they want to finish higher than that.

Hutson was the best player again, Matheson still trash on the PP — wake the **** up Marty. Top 6 needs to be way better —Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf all invisible at even strength, rough game for Dach but he’ll need time won’t be too hard on him.

Team as a whole is trash defensively, constantly stuck in the D zone and can’t get out. Hard to watch.

Most of these complaints come down to coaching. Marty needed a competent assistant with NHL experience and instead hired an old coach of his. The PP needs Hutson desperately, the PK makes 0 sense, Arber played bad but still 10 mins for a Dman? What's the point? Especially in a lost game. Really disappointed in MSL as a tactician. He's probably a very smart guy who orates at an elite level but someone has to tell him to wake up. The icetime distribution, the defensive schemes, the in zone coverage, the lines, none of it makes sense

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Sorry RR only accept greens in a duffel bag.
He doesn't need the money, if he did he wouldn't be coaching SKA, he's much more into business, and he's excellent at marketing etc.

You probably won't get Demidov this season. Mikhkov has already left, SKA can't lose another young player. I even doubt they will loan him to another KHL team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The kid is pure magic. I like that he got to play with the first line after St-Louis changed the pairings.
He's going to have to rethink those other two pairings.
The problem is we've seen the Savard/Matheson duo in the past and there was a reason they moved away from it.
As much as our D looked bad I don't understand why our forwards aren't able to play harder in the D zone.

Reactions: Adriatic

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Biggest disappointment so far is how ineffective Slafkovsky has been this year. Except for a few shifts in the third period tonight, he has been, as you noted: invisible and very ineffective. But the season is young and Slafkovsky has a lot of runway to prove that he was worth that very large contract.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
He doesn't need the money, if he did he wouldn't be coaching SKA, he's much more into business, and he's excellent at marketing etc.

You probably won't get Demidov this season. Mikhkov has already left, SKA can't lose another young player. I even doubt they will loan him to another KHL team.
It's definitely about the money. Not for Rotten, but definitely for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad