Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Boston

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
All aboard the hot take express!

Get Dach off of PP1

Matheson is not a good defenseman and never was. There is always room on the Matheson hater bandwagon and I am the driver. Apply within.

Cayden Primeau is not an NHL goalie

1728612067285.png

Reactions: lombrek

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
OOOF not a good game from our top guns

hutson is sick but

slaf needs to do way more
suzuki and dach need to wake up and stop being so immobile on the pp
matheson needs to be removed from the top unit, he keeps shotting on players and making dumb decisions. Hutson is way better. Theres a reason why the second unit looks better despite the huge skill gap between the remaining players

The first unit is just a bunch of players looking for their meme goals. No strategy.

Second unit moves the puck so that they can exploit the lanes in between the top and bottom of the diamond. Everyone on the same page.

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
For my standards for Anderson that was a great game. Gally and Hutson also played exceptional. Suzy and Slaf have to get it together, not near enough compete or urgency. We will be in the lotto again, the lack of talent is a huge issue but we can’t even say we are out working the other teams either at this point. Also gtfo Matheson.

Reactions: Pomee

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Need certain players to show up
Suzuki Matheson who has been horrid I. The first 2 games
Be glad when strubel get back and Barron sits
Primeau maybe go down or trade and bring in dobes
Hutson has been this teams best payer up to now
Why won't Louis play him on the top PP
You don't need 4 forwards for that
Galley has been one of habs best up to now

Reactions: Pomee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oh well, I wasn't expecting a win tonight with the back-to-back with travel.

We definitely needed a better performance from Primeau. Barron is not an NHL D. He's terrible. Just waive him. Struble will take his spot.

Great games by Guhle, Hutson & Gallagher.

Suzuki and Slafkovsky need to wake the f*** up.
Dach is rusty.

Good fight-back in the 3rd only to give up an awful 6th goal.

Expect more nights like tonight. It's a young team and we still have too many terrible players.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
You played against an experienced team with one of the best NHL defense include using the first pass. And look who was the best in offense. Experienced players (Evans' line) and only young Hudson in defense (from not so big players). It's a growth issue, nothing wrong with that. Also all of them played very agressive hockey.

But with all due respect, Barron shouldn't be in the roster IMHO, he wouldn't be in the top 4 even in Columbus with all the injuries to defensemen. And if Gudbranson, Bernie, Peeke and Bayreuther are in the top 4, that says a lot.

Maybe it is time for Pazzetta.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs too little too late (they controlled the 3rd period).

Matheson was putrid this game. So many badly timed 5 feet away shinpad shots that just lead the Habs to leave the ozone. I don't think he managed to succeed at a single zone clear either. Terrible in the dzone too.

I think Slaf lost chunk of his confidence from the end of last season, but he was the most used forward tonight and is the only forward with no goal against.

Only 3 Habs were not scored on: Slaf, Guhle and Hutson.
I think we got ours 1st pair: Hutson/Guhle (and Matheson only has more TOI than Hutson because he huggest PP time)
Gallagher is a shot generation machine, lol: 82% CF...the next nearest Habs is at 60% and he played under 10 minutes (ABB).

On another note, both goalies were bad, it wasn't just Primeau.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The downside with Hutson is he will be expensive in term of money soon. I don’t know if this is a bad thing, but yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad