Proposal: Habs - Col/Nashville/Anaheim/Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

To Edmonton: Ben Chiarot (50% retained)
To Montreal: Oscar Kelfbom + Dylan Holloway

LOL Habs get a band aid in Klefbom, lol thats great.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

To Colorado: Carey Price (20% retained)
To Montreal: Girard + Keumper

To Nashville: Brendan Gallgher
To Montreal: Zach L'Heureux and 2022 1st round pick

To Anaheim: Jeff Petry
To Habs: 2023 1st round pick + Brendan Guhle

LOL from Edmonton . This is a joke right or

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Carey Price does not have trade value. Sorry.

Listen I like Price . I always have . I wish he won a cup but he is past his best before date and has negative value . It going to cost Montreal to move him . If he had any value he would be in Seattle . Montreal fan can spin any way they want but no one is buying what they are pushing .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Again with this Price to Avs nonsense. No. Take out Girard. Make it 50% retention. Answer is still no.

your values on the other trades are way off as well.

Nashville laughs at that and hangs up.

So does Edmonton, but tells your GM to lose their number.

Anaheim puts your GM on hold for an hour until he realizes they aren’t going to pick back up the phone.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Haha, a 2023 1st from Anaheim when 3 key players are set to be UFA's? There is a chance next year is a regression year. And you expect that for a guy that won't be on the team when they are ready to compete?

Reactions: bsu

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Which one do the habs say no to? They win every deal

This one. The one in this thread (OP). :laugh:. I don't care about he "Habs" grouping narratives. It's garbage on HF boards and a flawed culture many are falling into. But go ahead, we are either loved or hated with no in the middle. Bandwagon parties don't move the needle with me. "Popularity" BS

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where did he exaggerate? It seems pretty much spot on to me, because no one is taking on Price's contract until he's actually healthy enough to prove that he's still a capable NHL starter.

That nobody would take Price at 50%. That is exaggeration. That's basically the narrative that was presented.

Price trade talk history....

* Price offered at full cap hit in the past. Replies are, you will have to retain a substantial amount in order for others to consider it.

* Price takes the Habs to the finals at age 33 and narratives are "You are only there because of Price"

* Habs thinking rebuild and considering substantial retention... "Nobody will take Price at 50% retention".

You can laugh at the Habs and it's fair to some degree. But it's also fair for the Habs to laugh at the history of comments we are getting in return as well. Got to look it two ways, not just one but the Habs are easy to hate and to try to belittle.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This one. The one in this thread (OP). :laugh:. I don't care about he "Habs" grouping narratives. It's garbage on HF boards and a flawed culture many are falling into. But go ahead, we are either loved or hated with no in the middle. Bandwagon parties don't move the needle with me. "Popularity" BS
Okay but the OP has 4 different trades. I'm asking you which one of those the habs would turn down.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Colorado doesn’t do that trade. They rather have a good regular season with pumped stats for their top players than go deep in the playoff. That’s well documented.
It's been very well documented that we do not want Price in any trade proposal.

As for your other comment, that sounds very stupid and I'm not sure why you'd think such a thing. I also don't see how the two things are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: pockets and McJedi

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think the key with Price is that he has to get into some games and show something. He turns 35 this summer and has a $10.5M cap hit for 4 more years. Even if you make that a $5.25M cap hit with retention, nobody knows if he can play at all right now. He also has an NMC. It's kind of pointless to even talk about trading him until he starts playing some games and shows he can still play. If he does that, then sure, come back and check on the market.
:dunno:

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Don't see teams biting on any of these. Think Price would need a 3 way deal with double retention to get moved... Or at least single max retention. Chiarot will be moved for a late 1st and a B prospect I'd wager

member 334057

It's been very well documented that we do not want Price in any trade proposal.

As for your other comment, that sounds very stupid and I don't believe you.
Yes, but have you heard of this Carey Price fellow? He was pretty good in the playoffs last year. Sure he's coming off meniscus surgery but no goalie has ever not fully recovered from knee surgery in their mid 30's, no need to see him play you know he'll be fine.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yes, but have you heard of this Carey Price fellow? He was pretty good in the playoffs last year. Sure he's coming off meniscus surgery but no goalie has ever not fully recovered from knee surgery in their mid 30's, no need to see him play you know he'll be fine.

you forgot that Price with no meniscus is still a playoff demi-god.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We aren’t trading Dylan Holloway and Klefbom’s LTIR space which actually helps us for a rental Chiarot.

This is beyond horrible.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
LOL Habs get a band aid in Klefbom, lol thats great.

Klefbom is never playing again but if you pay attention teams have been trading for LTIR cap space which Ken Holland is already using so we can’t trade him. We aren’t picking up a player without cap going back never mind adding our top prospect in Dylan Holloway for a rental. Even if the value made sense the cap says no. The value is brutal so it’s a hard no

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
That nobody would take Price at 50%. That is exaggeration. That's basically the narrative that was presented.

Price trade talk history....

* Price offered at full cap hit in the past. Replies are, you will have to retain a substantial amount in order for others to consider it.

* Price takes the Habs to the finals at age 33 and narratives are "You are only there because of Price"

* Habs thinking rebuild and considering substantial retention... "Nobody will take Price at 50% retention".

You can laugh at the Habs and it's fair to some degree. But it's also fair for the Habs to laugh at the history of comments we are getting in return as well. Got to look it two ways, not just one but the Habs are easy to hate and to try to belittle.

You forgot the part where Price has missed all season due to significant health issues and has no timetable for if/when he might return. Because it seems like that's an extremely important fact, and the main reason why nobody would take him at 50%. There are much better ways to spend $21m than on a goalie whose career is potentially over.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
All the other teams would say no.
Price i can't see being moved .Contract
Gallagher isn't getting 2-1st
Petry could get a late 1st on a team going for the cup ans the same goes especially with Chairot who seems to be in demand.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

Enough with the Price to Colorado... stop trying to make Price to Colorado happen!

Reactions: McJedi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad