Proposal: Habs - Col/Nashville/Anaheim/Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not an Oiler fan, and therefore I in fact could not have been bothered to watch Holland's presser.

So you just made a trade proposal blind? Not taking into account what is actually happening? I mean, you didn't have to watch the presser you could've just read about it.

I guess that explains the brutal trade.

Edit: Trades.

Last edited:

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Every team says no.
i could see montreal wanting to get out of the gallagher deal and recoup some assets. me personally i think gallagher is going to age badly in the league. however if montreal goes full rebuild they wont have to worry about his cap hit.

im now guessing you mean every team but montreal. which would make sense.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Petry proposal is not that bad. However, I'm not sure he fills a need in Anaheim with Drysdale, Manson and Shattenkirk as RHD's...

Doesn't fit the Ducks timeline either. They aren't positioned to be moving 1st round picks for older veterans. If the Ducks are moving any good young assets, they will be pursuing longer term pieces. Win now mode has not started yet.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Agreed. Cause there's no way COL wins anything with that kind of goaltending

I completely agree that there's no way the Avs will win anything with a goalie who isn't even healthy enough to play right now. That's exactly why you should keep him on LTIR and enjoy the bounty of riches you get from the lottery while the Avs suffer through another playoff run.

Reactions: Anardil

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

To Colorado: Carey Price (20% retained)
To Montreal: Girard + Keumper

To Nashville: Brendan Gallgher
To Montreal: Zach L'Heureux and 2022 1st round pick

To Anaheim: Jeff Petry
To Habs: 2023 1st round pick + Brendan Guhle

To Edmonton: Ben Chiarot (50% retained)
To Montreal: Oscar Kelfbom + Dylan Holloway

Those are pretty bad for the other teams.

The worst is probably thinking Gallagher could return basically 2 x 1st round pick where he has negative value or close to it.

The last one is probably the 2nd worst. A UFA for Holloway and Klefbom :laugh:

Why does Anahein want Petry?

Why does Colorado pay for Price who hasn't played this year, was in the assistance program with drug abuse and has a very bad contract?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

Gallagher I see in LA. Now that Bergevin is there. He was in love with Gallagher. Habs likely retain. Gallagher at 3.2 million has value

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
For Colorado trade : With Byram out Colorado will keep Girard Trade : No from Avalanche
For Nashville trade : With no retention Gallagher contract too high in $$ and term Trade : No from Nashville
For Anaheim trade : Don't think Anaheim will sacrifice future for a 34 year old def in decline. Trade : No from Anaheim
For Edmonton trade : Edmonton GM said this week he will not sacrifice his young guy for rental Trade : No from Edmonton

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
it only takes one motivated buyer to close any trade,
so not impossible,
but EVERY one of these is VERY tilted in favor of Habs

those returns even less likely given
light retention of Price's post-'22 4x$10.5
NO retention re Petry's post-'22 3x$6.25
and NO retention re Gallagher's post-'22 5x$6.5

re Chiarot, look at history of rental deals,
typically the 1st involved have decent likelihood of high 20's,
not 14 like Holloway (AND you have Klefbom in package as well)

good luck
my team went through rebuild, it was painful but can be done

but there were not many shortcuts, like OP is hoping for here

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why would the Ducks trade a 1st for Petry :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ducks haven't traded their first round pick in forever... if they were going to out of no where it would be for Chychrun not 34 year old Jeff f***ing Petry. Get a grip.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Colorado doesn’t do that trade. They rather have a good regular season with pumped stats for their top players than go deep in the playoff. That’s well documented.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So Nashville, a team that traded off their smaller players in order to get younger, bigger and more physical is giving up their recent 1st round pick in Zack L'Heureux, and next years 1st rounder for a smaller, less physical player that's not really producing, and carries a $6.5M cap hit. Please explain the logic here.
Gallagher can be a sparkplug and physical player... when he's healthy. But size and physicality aren't the main issue for him... it is indeed that contract. I wouldn't take that contract FOR FREE, let alone give up those two prime futures pieces for it. It's just a non-starter, that would be a crippling contract for us after 2023. I'd go so far as to say that I'd pass on taking Gallagher + a late 1st just for nothing. The contract is THAT bad.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Can't see any of these being realistic. Price isn't going with only 20% retention, especially without even playing a game. Can't see anyone giving up a 1st for Gallagher right now (contract based). Anaheim doesn't seem like the logical destination for Petry to me, but that's probably the most realistic deal. And a rental Chairot isn't worth moving Holloway for, plus moving Klefbom's LTIR messes with the Oilers' cap situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad