Proposal: Habs - Col/Nashville/Anaheim/Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

To Colorado: Carey Price (20% retained)
To Montreal: Girard + Keumper

To Nashville: Brendan Gallgher
To Montreal: Zach L'Heureux and 2022 1st round pick

To Anaheim: Jeff Petry
To Habs: 2023 1st round pick + Brendan Guhle

To Edmonton: Ben Chiarot (50% retained)
To Montreal: Oscar Kelfbom + Dylan Holloway

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Habs are in complete tear down and rebuild mode. Time to sell off all assets and target picks/prospects

Where's the room for 5 million?

Reactions: Linds

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

This set of trades is so far removed from reality I am not even sure where to start.

There is ZERO chance the Oilers deal Dylan Holloway for Ben Chiarot. In fact, had you bothered to watch yesterdays presser with Kenny Holland he expressly and clearly stated he would not deal a 1st or a top prospect for a rental. Not just an overpay but completely the opposite of what the Oilers GM said he'd be willing to do all of 24 hours ago. Brutal.

The more I dig into the rest of these trades I see they are all just as incredibly lopsided for the Habs.

Perhaps this thread should die a quick death and get locked.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Carey Price is yet to play this year. Gallagher is still out. Petry will make more sense to move in the summer because of his cap hit and remianing years. Chiarot is the only one that will likely be moved but I don't like the return consodering we're retai ing half the salary. I really liked Holloway but he just got surgery and haven't played in a long time... I'd prefer a late first. And then we have to take on Klefbom on top of that, jeez! I'm not the owner so I don't care, but I don't think we'd need to take dead cao back considering Chiarot already low cap hit.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This set of trades is so far removed from reality I am not even sure where to start.

There is ZERO chance the Oilers deal Dylan Holloway for Ben Chiarot. In fact, had you bothered to watch yesterdays presser with Kenny Holland he expressly and clearly stated he would not deal a 1st or a top prospect for a rental. Not just an overpay but completely the opposite of what the Oilers GM said he'd be willing to do all of 24 hours ago. Brutal.

The more I dig into the rest of these trades I see they are all just as incredibly lopsided for the Habs.

Perhaps this thread should die a quick death and get locked.
Not an Oiler fan, and therefore I in fact could not have been bothered to watch Holland's presser.

Reactions: The Alien

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

no-gif-baby-duck-saying-no-duckling-falling-asleep.gif

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Is this for real??? Price at 8M for Girard and Kuemper? Try attaching unprotected 2022 + 2023 1st picks and then Sakic starts thinking.
Price isn't available he isn't being traded.
If Price were traded Montreal would likely need to retain 45 % 4,725,000 per x 4 years

Other team ?
5,775,000 per x 4 years

Last edited:

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
The Petry proposal is not that bad. However, I'm not sure he fills a need in Anaheim with Drysdale, Manson and Shattenkirk as RHD's...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Is this for real??? Price at 8M for Girard and Kuemper? Try attaching unprotected 2022 + 2023 1st picks and then Sakic starts thinking.
Or Habs just keep him on LTIR and draft Wright, and Savoie / Michkiv?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Maybe I'm reading it wrong.....Girard 5mil + Keumper 3.5 mil and Price 10.5 mil (20 percent retained) = should be close

In that case, you’re looking at adding Chiarot + Lehkonen + 2022 1st.

So that still doesn’t get you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad