GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I haven't been paying much attention to training camp or too much of the preseason games but as even one of the Habs prospects and young players looked good at all?
Reinbacher, Trudeau and Roy, Beck to a lesser extent. I think Heineman Ylonen could look better if they put him with Monahan instead of Gally Pearson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey Max Domi, DeVentre says hi.

EhaiG4B.gif

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Sportsnet dunking on Slaf.

I bet Hughes and Gorton aren't smart enough to send him downIf he wasn't #1 overall I don't think this would be the same discussion. It's about his development, I'd put I'm in the AHL. Handling adversity is also part of maturing and developing as a player l (for anyone really). Ultimately I hope they're being honest with him and guiding him.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Man people love whining about prospects here. They think one meaningless game means Poehling will be a 1C or Greg Stewart will be our next great 4th line enforcer. No one can possibly fathom development taking time. He’s very clearly better than last year, but it’s not enough obviously. 39 total games, “he sucks”.
If you're referring to Slaf, then yes, people should be concerned.

The guy has some low ass hockey IQ.

He doesn't have to dangle players and score highlights reel goal after highlight reel goal, but for the love of f*** make your good plays outweigh your dumb plays.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Slaf still a work in progress but hey Tage Thompson took about 300 games to be the monster he is now! Not saying Slaf will be the same but some players need that 300 games to really see what they are
Tage Thompson showed great hockey instincts from the get go. I was remarking on him long before he broke out. Injuries delayed it as well.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man people love whining about prospects here. They think one meaningless game means Poehling will be a 1C or Greg Stewart will be our next great 4th line enforcer. No one can possibly fathom development taking time. He’s very clearly better than last year, but it’s not enough obviously. 39 total games, “he sucks”.
Damn Greg Stewart, he had one heck of a 1st NHL game, I thought we had a steal in that guy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you're referring to Slaf, then yes, people should be concerned.

The guy has some low ass hockey IQ.

He doesn't have to dangle players and score highlights reel goal after highlight reel goal, but for the love of f*** make your good plays outweigh your dumb plays.
Pretty sure I saw him create a golden opportunity that Dach should have had. Is Dach a loser for whiffing on that puck? It’s not the only chance he created tonight either.

Or are we referring to losing a man on the PP while backchecking. That’s never happened to a 19 year old forward before. Christ, Anderson does it every second shift.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Andy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pretty sure I saw him create a golden opportunity that Dach should have had. Is Dach a loser for whiffing on that puck? It’s not the only chance he created tonight either.

Or are we referring to losing a man on the PP while backchecking. That’s never happened to a 19 year old forward before. Christ, Anderson does it every second shift.
No, we're referring to:

Slafkovsky back checking hard (awesome) didn't force the Leafs player with the puck on the way back and had no idea where to go once he got back in the d-zone.

Made a nice move, but instead of dropping it back to Mailloux who was wide open, he tried to once again force something and the pass was blocked and the puck was lost.

That's just from the 2nd period, didn't see the 1st.

He's a good player and shows flashes, but he is not ready for the NHL. Send him to Laval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad