Proposal: HABS Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
It's your opinion. In all trade proposals, there will be people that like it and others won't.
You could even make a trade proposal and some or a lot of people will dislike it. Doesn't mean you lacked respect towards anyone, you thought the value was good. You would not deserve irrespectful comments and people laughing at you.
OP got it wrong, people should say why in a respectful manner and move on.

Personally, the 1st plus Romanov is a good starting base. Poehling as the add doesn't thread the needle for the Coyotes that's for sure. The plus would need to be significantly better.

It's just a thread with a trade proposal, like, geeze. Have a good evening too!

Hmm

Fischer + COL 1st + 3rd for Caufield?

I just think its a good value

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Just like we knew the Habs would lose vs the Leafs and then the Jets and then Vegas. Nothing is played before the season, there's always surprises. Habs or Carolina could finish bottom 10. Injuries happen, down seasons happen. You never know.
I think it’s possible the Habs finish with a top 10 pick. Carolina has a far superior roster.

Price is indifferent to playing his best in the regular season. He’ll be his usual ~90% regular season save percentage self and the Habs will lose a lot as a result.

No special Canadian only division or letting 12 seeds into a play in tournament to squeeze the Habs into the post season.

and no Weber or Danault to help defend.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I think it’s possible the Habs finish with a top 10 pick. Carolina has a far superior roster.

Price is indifferent to playing his best in the regular season. He’ll be his usual ~90% regular season save percentage self and the Habs will lose a lot as a result.

No special Canadian only division or letting 12 seeds into a play in tournament to squeeze the Habs into the post season.

and no Weber or Danault to help defend.

Anything can happen. Weird how you tell things like it's the holy truth though. For me Savard will replace Weber's defence and Dvorak will replace Danault, not exactly the same way, but he'll slot in as the 2C. Price this year might be motivated to go back to the finals. Every year is different. And we might not be in canada only, but we do play against the Pacific division who's in theory the worst in the NHL.

On another subject, I think Boston has serious question marks in net and at D and could be worse then people view them. Toronto got a bit worse as well.

Reactions: jfhabs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Anything can happen. Weird how you tell things like it's the holy truth though. For me Savard will replace Weber's defence and Dvorak will replace Danault, not exactly the same way, but he'll slot in as the 2C. Price this year might be motivated to go back to the finals. Every year is different. And we might not be in canada only, but we do play against the Pacific division who's in theory the worst in the NHL.

On another subject, I think Boston has serious question marks in net and at D and could be worse then people view them. Toronto got a bit worse as well.
Sportsnet had someone yesterday speculate the Habs would finish 6th place in their division. Just one dude’s opinion but that sort of result would be a lottery pick around ~10th OA.

Savard and Dvorak are downgrades from the two they are replacing. Some young players will improve but you probably won’t get career years from Taffoli and Anderson again.

I think you’ll end up trading the ~12th OA pick to Arizona. And getting the ~26th OA pick from Carolina

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Which prospect? An A prospect or a B prospect?
And Arizona accepts a 2023 1st instead of a 2022 1st because???????

Because Montreal can't trade away their 1st in 2022 until both 1st round picks are determined at the end of the season.

Anyways, Arizona aren't reading away their 23 year old top pairing D.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Sportsnet had someone yesterday speculate the Habs would finish 6th place in their division. Just one dude’s opinion but that sort of result would be a lottery pick around ~10th OA.

Savard and Dvorak are downgrades from the two they are replacing. Some young players will improve but you probably won’t get career years from Taffoli and Anderson again.

I think you’ll end up trading the ~12th OA pick to Arizona. And getting the ~26th OA pick from Carolina

It's a fair projection. Remember though that ALL TSN "experts" had the Leafs eliminating the Habs and a few of them in 4. I like that we got the top 10 protection. We could end up giving 11th or 12th pick for sure, but at least it won't be top 10. There's also a less likely option that the Canes fall apart this season with their new goaltending.

Also I think 30YO Savard will provide similar defense as 37YO Weber was doing. Of course that kind of leadership and presence can't possibly be replaced, but defense effectiveness should be on par. Savard always has a lot of hits and blocked shots as well, far more than Weber. As for Dvorak, he might not replace totally Danaul't elite shut down capacities, but he'll provide a LOT more offense than Danault, especially if we look at goals, so it's kind of a wash in my mind also. I also think Hoffman is an upgrade over Tatar. Price could very well be the difference between playoffs or no playoffs though.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by this team this season. I do understand the fact that most "experts" have us 5th or less in the division because of Boston, Toronto and Florida teams, but we shall see.

Our dream would be to go back to the finals while Carolina ends up with a top 10 pick. Is it likely ? Not really but who knows what wi happen.

Reactions: Youkotkabekiddinme

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

that's not what you think . that is what you are hoping and praying for . i don't know why you didn't make it the 11th for montreal to trade and the 30 th going to montreal from carolina . you were just trying to seem reasonable were you ?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
that's not what you think . that is what you are hoping and praying for . i don't know why you didn't make it the 11th for montreal to trade and the 30 th going to montreal from carolina . you were just trying to seem reasonable were you ?
That’s possible too. Carolina plays in a weaker division that looks to be theirs for the taking. I just don’t trust them as a playoff team. ~27th OA makes more sense as I suspect they compete for a top seed but don’t make it past round 2.

There are at least 8 teams that look significantly worse to me than the Habs. Habs could be a bubble playoff team. So ~12th OA covers that slot nicely.

trade ends up being Dvorak to the Habs for ~12th OA pick in 2022 (Conor Geekie/Ike Howard range prospect) and ~46th OA pick in 2024 to the Yotes.

Last edited:

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Since Arisona is going all in for a rebuilt
Montreal could use a great LD to play with Petry

Habs : First pick 2023 + Romanov + Phoeling
for
Arizona : Chychrun
Chychrun is young enough to be a part of the rebuild and I'm guessing it'll take a significantly better offer than this one to shake him loose .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That’s possible too. Carolina plays in a weaker division that looks to be theirs for the taking. I just don’t trust them as a playoff team. ~27th OA makes more sense as I suspect they compete for a top seed but don’t make it past round 2.

There are at least 8 teams that look significantly worse to me than the Habs. Habs could be a bubble playoff team. So ~12th OA covers that slot nicely.

trade ends up being Dvorak to the Habs for ~12th OA pick in 2022 (Conor Geekie/Ike Howard range prospect) and ~46th OA pick in 2024 to the Yotes.
well let's see how the season plays out . glad to see you got the worst possible scenario figured out for the habs . if i got this right your a colorado fan with some weird fixation on the habs ? whatever floats your boat i guess.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
well let's see how the season plays out . glad to see you got the worst possible scenario figured out for the habs . if i got this right your a colorado fan with some weird fixation on the habs ? whatever floats your boat i guess.

Your worst possible scenario looks nothing like this. It’s being awful like Buffalo. With Price having a meltdown season. and keeping something like the 3rd OA pick because it means much of your roster significantly under performed.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Because Montreal can't trade away their 1st in 2022 until both 1st round picks are determined at the end of the season.

Anyways, Arizona aren't reading away their 23 year old top pairing D.

Hardly an issue since Arizona already has one of the picks. Would be easy to word trade to include the The 1st rounder as the lessor of the Mtl or Carolina 1st rounders unless one is in the top 10 in which case its the best (opposite language of 1st trade) Or simply the remaining 1st round pick after conditions of Dvorak trade fullfiled.

I tend to agree that the coyotes are not trading their 23 yr old top pair D but this is the team that traded their 30 yr old no 1 d and their 25 yr old no 2 centre and if we go back a bit strome and Domi so if anyone would do it its them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Your worst possible scenario looks nothing like this. It’s being awful like Buffalo. With Price having a meltdown season. and keeping something like the 3rd OA pick because it means much of your roster significantly under performed.

Don't know what's up but you seem obsessed with the Habs lately. Habs going to be awful like the Sabres now? Just more tire deflating. You must be really upset with the Habs coming out of the Canadian division and into the finals. Jets sweep the Oilers and Habs sweep the Jets.

Pacific Division worse than the Canadian Division last year. You must be happy about that. Lucky fluke if you go far ;)

Habs are not going to gut our futures for Chychrun. Especially if it's Caufield, ++.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Don't know what's up but you seem obsessed with the Habs lately. Habs going to be awful like the Sabres now? Just more tire deflating. You must be really upset with the Habs coming out of the Canadian division and into the finals. Jets sweep the Oilers and Habs sweep the Jets.

Pacific Division worse than the Canadian Division last year. You must be happy about that. Lucky fluke if you go far ;)

Habs are not going to gut our futures for Chychrun. Especially if it's Caufield, ++.
I root Habs over TML 100 times out of 100 buddy. I loved how you beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad