Proposal: HABS Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Screenshot_20210908-173518_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
It has been reported that the Coyotes will build around Chychrun and they are not shopping him.

Makes sense. I imagine you'll see a wave of Chychrun posts after the "two firsts" rumor and the Dvorak/Kuemper deals.

Assuming he's not disgruntled, I see no reason for Arizona to move him right now. Plus time favors Arizona, I'd say you have about two years where his value is two 1sts +.

When his UFA status nears you'll have to gauge his level of commitment, if he's not sold on the team's outlook then you might have to consider a trade. But by that time the Yotes will have revamped their prospect pool pretty thoroughly and they'll certainly have the cash to pay him, so I wouldn't really worry about it yet.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Chychrun is not being shopped. He’s not going to be traded. Arizona is going to build around him with all the draft picks they’ve accumulated. Future captain of the team.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Montreal's 2022 1st round pick can't be traded until the conditions have been met for the Dvorak trade. Since that won't be known until the season is over, it means no in season trade using that pick.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
well, if you want to be technical about it, some people said 2022 pick and others the 2023 pick. No one said 2022 or 2023 due to the dvorak trade.

And I'm not sure this outcome was considered when the hockey pundits talked about the inability to trade the pick due to a pending condition. ‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: HabsQC

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Oh please, always the victim!

Nothing in the OP offers great value for a young top pairing D. Where’s the Caufield or Suzuki? Oh right cause they won’t offer a top young player for one. The collection of parts offered is laughable.
Romanov is a very good prospect, seems underrated in this thread so far. But I agree the value isn't enough for Chychrun considering the season he just had.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Just as dumb, It's a trash offer. First off the 1st round picks needs to be 2022 not 2023 Romanov is a major downgrade compared to Chychrun and Poehling 5 points in 28 career NHL games is a major joke it's a garbage offer. 30 other NHL teams would easily blow away this offer.
2023 draft is set to be the best in a while with a chance at two elite franchise players in Michkov and Bedard . Why would they want 2022 pick?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Since Arisona is going all in for a rebuilt
Montreal could use a great LD to play with Petry

Habs : First pick 2023 + Romanov + Phoeling
for
Arizona : Chychrun

You’re close. Just swap Phoeling for Caufield and boom. You’ve got the base of a deal.

Caufield, Romanov and a 2023 1st unprotected for a #1 D on long term deal.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
2023 draft is set to be the best in a while with a chance at two elite franchise players in Michkov and Bedard . Why would they want 2022 pick?
Habs don’t have their 2022 1st anyway. They traded it to Arizona and own the less appealing Carolina 1st.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Vs? Is this a cage fight?
I find the Vs. much more accurate with the responses to most trade proposals. It’s always a cage fight of “my team’s player is better/more potential/better offensively/better defensively/ better intangibles etc than your team’s over the hill (26 year old)/never will be/ declining/reliant on their teammates/piece of junk”.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs are not going to move all in for Chychrun. He had a great bust out year in a shorten season last year and maybe we can talk about it at the deadline or next off season. Habs need to play Romanov this year with more usage to give him opportunity and we are not trading away any more futures or picks at this stage. Time moving forward may or may not change things.

If we want a upgrade, try for Lindholm at the deadline if the Ducks and Lindholm want to part ways. Going after a 23 year old who had a bust out year is bad timing IMO. We already made a move like that for Dvorak who also had a jump forward last season. Stay put and live with the results

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah they could use a LD when they only have OEL and Hughes(at how many million total once Hughes signs?)
Doesn’t matter, we would love to add a borderline top 10 dman in the league. He is exactly what we need. Also, he’s played in the right side before.

Worst case scenario, we could trade Hughes for an RD, or maybe even have his as part of the Chychrun trade.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
But we pretty much do.

Just like we knew the Habs would lose vs the Leafs and then the Jets and then Vegas. Nothing is played before the season, there's always surprises. Habs or Carolina could finish bottom 10. Injuries happen, down seasons happen. You never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad