LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Then there's no conversation to be had. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder about JR and have decided 'he will lmao epic overpay', which isn't based on reality but on your interpretation of how things went in Pittsburgh AFTER I might add he brought your team two Stanley Cups when everyone thought the Crosby generation of Penguins had missed their mark with bad 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 outcomes (for a cup or bust team).

So you're basing your opinion on two things.

1. What you hope will happen. You don't give a shit about Vancouver and want to milk us for what YOU hope the Penguins will get. It's not based in reality, but you're thinking with your emotions.

2. You have bitterness as an incredibly privileged Penguins fan because things went off the rails after TWO Stanley Cups. So you've decided that JR isn't so much a man, but a caricature of a man who will do whatever goofy thing you think is handy.

"Who are you to say what your team will offer"? GTFO with that. I'm an educated hockey fan who has been watching the Canucks closely for 30 years. I know we have your old braintrust, but I like to think I know something about my team.

Why even participate on these boards with other teams' fans if your only response is dismissiveness because deep down you know far more about everyone's team than they do?
Watching the Canucks for 30 years doesn't indicate just how the current brass will operate though. I've followed and been around the sport for 45 years (not that that in and of itself matters). I'm not bitter about anything. I'm merely telling you JR will pony up if he covets a player. Look that up if you doubt what I'm telling you.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
we are aware that he's mentioned that before in his book. We all saw that quotation, and I think we shouldn't take that into too context. Cause right now although hes mentioned that, he might not over pay around this time. Also hes not our GM. It's Alvin doing doing all the phone work right now.
Sincerely, if he believes this is a legit cup contender this season he'll offer up a lot. On the other hand, if he believes they're a year or two away, then yeah no deal.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
this season he'll offer up a lot.

well... he's not the gm anymore. again I think out of context. It's not that they don't like him. Its just I think the Canucks have reached their max quota of one rental (no joke) per trade deadline. but lets see what happens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
well... he's not the gm anymore. again I think out of context. It's not that they don't like him. Its just I think the Canucks have reached their max quota of one rental (no joke) per trade deadline. but lets see what happens.
But he oversees the whole thing. And Alvin is a big Jake fan, so is Tocchet. Hey we'll get the desired pieces somewhere. But I believe Jake would help you guys. And while he's a rental I doubt they'd make an offer for him if they didn't believe he would re sign there.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Watching the Canucks for 30 years doesn't indicate just how the current brass will operate though. I've followed and been around the sport for 45 years (not that that in and of itself matters). I'm not bitter about anything. I'm merely telling you JR will pony up if he covets a player. Look that up if you doubt what I'm telling you.
He is not even the GM. This is Alvins ship. .

Reactions: lawrence

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He is not even the GM. This is Alvins ship. .
I'm well aware. Alvin likes Jake quite a bit. As does your coach. He's the son of a coach. Very solid all around player. Some team is gonna get a really nice piece.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lol okay bury your head in the sand then. His production relative to his cap hit clearly indicates he was a cap dump. He had negative value.

I don’t think it was either really. He was there to make the numbers work. It’s just the reality of trades. I don’t think he really changed the value either way.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
For what it’s worth, you’re responding to a poster who argued that Jim Benning had done a great job, even after the OEL trade. He’s not a great representation of Canucks fans.
Are you having a bad day?

I'm just trying to figure out your internal rhythm that seems to precipitate you sneak dissing me without any @, and misrepresenting old arguments (while ignoring many things you have been impulsively wrong about like Hronek, Lekkerimaki, etc) out of the blue.

And it's always the same thing. "He said Bannign is doing a great job". I'm not going to explain the context for the millionth time because you're obviously being disingenuous. But can you seriously not move on, go outside, hang out with friends and stop stalking me like once every 3 months?

At least you're no longer Private Messaging me claiming I'm secretly someone else on another forum whom I'm supposing you're equally obsessed with.

Genuinely, I hope you're well. Now please leave me alone unless we're actually having a conversation.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You might not know shit, we'll see what the return with these teams is or another to see how accurate I am. Feel pretty confident actually as to what the return will look like.
Let's make an avatar bet. If we trade you Lekkerimaki for an unsigned Guentzel you can make my avatar whatever you want.

If we don't, I get to make your avatar whatever I want.

Both for a month span?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
But you being familiar with our braintrust isn't worth much when you aren't familiar with the players we're talking about or our team's construction.

We mention why we won't deal our prospects or Hoggy and you are certain that we will, without knowing much about them, because you think that in a vacuum that's what JR will do (he's also not our GM).

It's just not based in reality.

Sidenote: it's interesting to be on the other side of this after the whole J.T. Miller saga of a couple of years ago lol.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
You know, not to be lost in all this is JG has a M-NTC. Vancouver is a great but what if he doesn’t want to go to Canada. Carolina may be the best trade partner

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
But you being familiar with our braintrust isn't worth much when you aren't familiar with the players we're talking about or our team's construction.

We mention why we won't deal our prospects or Hoggy and you are certain that we will, without knowing much about them, because you think that in a vacuum that's what JR will do (he's also not our GM).

It's just not based in reality.

Sidenote: it's interesting to be on the other side of this after the whole J.T. Miller saga of a couple of years ago lol.
I'm familiar enough with these prospects, don't you worry bout that. The reality is we're not giving up Jake for anything less than a very good return. If you're not even willing to part with Hoglander there will be no deal. and we'll find another suitor, that's fine. But if you think you're going to give us Pennies on the dollar you got another thing coming. You can say whatever you want but you're not really providing any evidence to support your stance. I'm at least telling you how JR typically handles such matters. As I said now several times, it depends on how much management covets Jake. And if they believe he helps you to the degree that you're right there with the other top teams. I'm not certain that you guys will give up anything, As we might not have a deal and we find a more willing partner. However, I'm certain that if we do consummate a deal, Hoglander or better will be included.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You know, not to be lost in all this is JG has a M-NTC. Vancouver is a great but what if he doesn’t want to go to Canada. Carolina may be the best trade partner
Not really, they don't pony up all that much.

Let's make an avatar bet. If we trade you Lekkerimaki for an unsigned Guentzel you can make my avatar whatever you want.

If we don't, I get to make your avatar whatever I want.

Both for a month span?
I said that Hoglander and a '25 1st is the equivalent I'd expect a while back and I'll stick with that. Otherwise we'll look to get the return from another club. You're trying to pigeonholed me into only a LEKK deal and nothing else? There are many teams with many different possibilities. That'd be crazy to pin me to one such scenario. Hell you better be giving like 25-1 odds then. lol.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's fine if you don't want to trade Hoglander, but don't try to gaslight Penguins fans by saying that "actually, Podkolzin, Raty and a 2nd for Guentzel is good!".

This post is pretty ironic considering you started this entire thread in bad faith by intentionally making the price to acquire Jake significantly higher for the Canucks than the other teams you listed.

When repeatedly called out on this - often by fans that weren't even connected to the Canucks - you doubled down and claimed that it was "fair" and even tried to pretend that a middling prospect Brendan Brisson was "equal" to Hoglander.

Finally, after multiple people pointed out how ridiculous your take was, instead of acknowledging your error, you went back and edited your message so you wouldn't look hopelessly biased and like you were intentionally trying to inflame Canucks fans and then you actually are clueless enough to start playing the victim and pretend that Canucks fans are gaslighting you.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Toronto traded a 1st and 2nd for Jake McCabe and Sam Lafferty. Can you spot the difference between McCabe and Lafferty versus Guentzel? Apparently there is no value difference there.

Yes I can, the difference is McCabe had 2.5 years left on his deal at a reduced $2M cap hit. That was literally the best part about the asset. Not comparable to a rental.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I'm assuming the Canucks offer includes Podkolzin and Bains considering they brought them up a few days ago. Do Canucks fans know if Pens scouts were at those games?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This post is pretty ironic considering you started this entire thread in bad faith by intentionally making the price to acquire Jake significantly higher for the Canucks than the other teams you listed.

When repeatedly called out on this - often by fans that weren't even connected to the Canucks - you doubled down and claimed that it was "fair" and even tried to pretend that a middling prospect Brendan Brisson was "equal" to Hoglander.

Finally, after multiple people pointed out how ridiculous your take was, instead of acknowledging your error, you went back and edited your message so you wouldn't look hopelessly biased and like you were intentionally trying to inflame Canucks fans and then you actually are clueless enough to start playing the victim and pretend that Canucks fans are gaslighting you.

Ridiculous.
But it's not really. You guys blew the assets on Lindholm and there's a gap in available assets. You're missing those middle ground assets that other teams have that would be fair value. So then it's either pieces like Hoglander or your trash. Penguins fans, very (VERY) understandably, do not want Vancouvers trash for a player of Guentzels caliber.

Not hard.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
I don’t see it happening but Guentz in Vegas would be a great fit. Like if you agree!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Fellow Canucks fans having epic melt downs because the Pens won't give them Guentzel for free.
I’d say there’s a large contingent of Pens’ fans losing their minds over fantasy trade proposals that don’t include Hoglander/Lekk as if it means anything. Oh and that JR HAS to overpay as it’s all he knows how to do without actually looking at all of the trades Allvin has done and realizing he’s been very patient and methodical in his approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad