Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Pretty disappointing outcome in today's game, but an even more disappointing overall effort. Thought the Storm played lethargic for the most part and they weren't the team on the ice that played three in three. When facing a team that should be approaching tired legs, that's when you have to come out with speed and banging and show no mercy. That didn't happen today, and an opportunity to draw even for 4th was given away. Need to reflect and double down from here on in.

Reactions: storm surge

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Coach calling out vets in the post-game and here we are blaming everything on #6 still.

Agendas gonna agenda, I guess. Gonna be a fun stretch run :popcorn:

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Although I do understand some of the criticism that is directed at Merkley. I think most fans forget that he is still just in his second year in the O. At times he can drive you nuts with some of his play in his own end but improvements have been made. He will continue to grow and develop. From an offensive point he might be the best offensive defensemen ever to put on a Storm jersey. I still like him as part of our defence core and will be patient on his development.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Although I do understand some of the criticism that is directed at Merkley. I think most fans forget that he is still just in his second year in the O. At times he can drive you nuts with some of his play in his own end but improvements have been made. He will continue to grow and develop. From an offensive point he might be the best offensive defensemen ever to put on a Storm jersey. I still like him as part of our defence core and will be patient on his development.

Yep, there are warts in his game to be sure, and it would seem that his attitude might need some adjustment as well.

But the criticism of him here has long left the realm of objectivity or sanity. It's become personal, and that's a shame.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Yep, there are warts in his game to be sure, and it would seem that his attitude might need some adjustment as well.

But the criticism of him here has long left the realm of objectivity or sanity. It's become personal, and that's a shame.
You will see a big improvement from him once he spends some time at his first NHL camp dealing with men there. He will mature leaps and bounds after that and they will help him with any flaws he needs to work on.

Reactions: Stormdude

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
common sense seems to find no place where the little prince is concerned. Its 50/50 ..all the way with him. I rest my case....we shall see....

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I dunno, I'm pretty sure this is right. As always, if any one has any questions or needs me to take a second look at the totals, please DM me!

TOTAL (53 GP)
battfan88817
RCS39
Stormfan8734
TrueBlueStorm35
Stormdude37
StorminNorman38
geo10527
noobie111
Chico Maki40
Stormforthewin21
StormWatcher38
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
That was an entertaining game but the choice of shooters by George Burnett was bizarre aside from Ratcliffe. He had Samarukov and Merkley among the top three shooters in the shootout. He should have had Toropchenko (spelling??) and Hillis or Schnarr. The loss of that extra point is on the coach tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad