Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
Samorukov is solid... Merkley brings instability..make Merk a forward ...and of course after Lalonde.. the D needs total rebuild....

Samorukov is solid given he doesn't play with Merkley, i find he tends to coast back Merkley style almost in protest it seems when he paired with merkley

Reactions: storm surge

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
On the talk about the people getting up whenever they want.
I don't even mind it that much if they are quick about it. I mean id rather they be courteous and wait for a whistle but if they just gotta go then be quick about it. Same goes for people who are coming back to their seats and just got in the bowl before the puck drops but now they are taking an hour to sit down while the play is happening.

The ladies I had the joy of interacting with last Friday were obviously just there because it was something to do which I don't have an issue with. Also hey you want to have a few drinks that's cool too who doesn't like to cut loose once in a while. But why get belligerent with people when asked something so simple as to please move we can't see. It's the same type of mentally people have who go to comedy shows and feel they have to say things to the comedian or make a big spectical of themselves because they were the only ones who found a joke offensive. It's that meeeeeee mentality. Usually if people wander in the way I try to give the benefit of the doubt it takes a lot for me to say anything as I am so not the guy who wants to rock the boat. It got that bad that I finally had to say something.

Anyway as for actual hockey.
I was super annoyed to see Merkley do what he did. He I find has frequently become a you know what disturber after whistles goading players into stuff then smerking about it. Many players in turn give Merkley a hard time during play. Merkley got hacked pretty good no question and I wouldn't even have minded some retaliation on his part but to take the swing he took on that Battalion defender was pretty brutal and hes lucky it's only three games.

Because of that we get a line brawl and now Schnarr is gone for two games as well because of the second fight in one stoppage. We are now down two players (with nobody to replace them) for a weekend of three games where all three are against teams the Storm are fighting in the 4-8 log jam in the West. An 0-3 weekend against these teams could be the difference in getting that 4-5 seed and a chance at round 2 or finishing down in 7-8 and getting smoked in round 1.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
indeed.. Wooley according to coach was not expected to make team... wonder what he was thinking.... but the D needs major work .. re arranging .. new OA in my opinion..after some leave.. and Merk at center.. settled down and a bit more defined in his role.. he could still set a new storm points record ...but his -'s neutralize those +'s.. stic a couple solid D behind him on a rush and other teams will tremble..forwards .. like Bert and Hawel and 20 (forget name).. are a great future build.......O looks great..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
indeed.. Wooley according to coach was not expected to make team... wonder what he was thinking.... but the D needs major work .. re arranging .. new OA in my opinion..after some leave.. and Merk at center.. settled down and a bit more defined in his role.. he could still set a new storm points record ...but his -'s neutralize those +'s.. stic a couple solid D behind him on a rush and other teams will tremble..forwards .. like Bert and Hawel and 20 (forget name).. are a great future build.......O looks great..
oh ya;.. Primeau..gonna be great I think..lotsa upside on forwards.

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Here are my predictions for this weekend:

Thurs. Feb. 8
Guelph - 4
Windsor - 3
GWG -Toropchenko

Fri. Feb. 9
Guelph - 5
Saginaw - 3
GWG-Ralph

Sun. Feb. 11
London - 4
Guelph - 2
GWG - Formenton

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
On the talk about the people getting up whenever they want.
I don't even mind it that much if they are quick about it. I mean id rather they be courteous and wait for a whistle but if they just gotta go then be quick about it. Same goes for people who are coming back to their seats and just got in the bowl before the puck drops but now they are taking an hour to sit down while the play is happening.

The ladies I had the joy of interacting with last Friday were obviously just there because it was something to do which I don't have an issue with. Also hey you want to have a few drinks that's cool too who doesn't like to cut loose once in a while. But why get belligerent with people when asked something so simple as to please move we can't see. It's the same type of mentally people have who go to comedy shows and feel they have to say things to the comedian or make a big spectical of themselves because they were the only ones who found a joke offensive. It's that meeeeeee mentality. Usually if people wander in the way I try to give the benefit of the doubt it takes a lot for me to say anything as I am so not the guy who wants to rock the boat. It got that bad that I finally had to say something.

Anyway as for actual hockey.
I was super annoyed to see Merkley do what he did. He I find has frequently become a you know what disturber after whistles goading players into stuff then smerking about it. Many players in turn give Merkley a hard time during play. Merkley got hacked pretty good no question and I wouldn't even have minded some retaliation on his part but to take the swing he took on that Battalion defender was pretty brutal and hes lucky it's only three games.

Because of that we get a line brawl and now Schnarr is gone for two games as well because of the second fight in one stoppage. We are now down two players (with nobody to replace them) for a weekend of three games where all three are against teams the Storm are fighting in the 4-8 log jam in the West. An 0-3 weekend against these teams could be the difference in getting that 4-5 seed and a chance at round 2 or finishing down in 7-8 and getting smoked in round 1.
I don't believe Schnarr is suspensed

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Guelph 4 @ Windsor 2 Ratcliffe
Saginaw 3 @ Guelph 6 Samorukov
London 3 @ Guelph 2 Forementon

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Thurs. Feb. 8
Guelph - 5
Windsor - 3
GWG -Ratcliffe

Fri. Feb. 9
Guelph - 5
Saginaw - 3
GWG-McEwan

Sun. Feb. 11
Guelph - 4
London - 3
GWG - Ratcliffe

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Watched a great game last night. Defence looked a little more at ease. Played their positions, had a couple of hiccups but a solid effort. McEwen did a commendable job. And just like everyone else, Windsor fans and announcers included are still perplexed on why Hillis' goal didn't count. Any suggestions as to why it didn't?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Watched a great game last night. Defence looked a little more at ease. Played their positions, had a couple of hiccups but a solid effort. McEwen did a commendable job. And just like everyone else, Windsor fans and announcers included are still perplexed on why Hillis' goal didn't count. Any suggestions as to why it didn't?
Heard 2 different "reasons" at the game last night. 1 - it was a 2 line offside ( not even sure that rule exists anymore) and 2 - it was knocked down by a Guelph high stick - I can't confirm either one.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Heard 2 different "reasons" at the game last night. 1 - it was a 2 line offside ( not even sure that rule exists anymore) and 2 - it was knocked down by a Guelph high stick - I can't confirm either one.
Neither can any of the replays that people said they watched. I'm just glad the Storm came out on top. Would have been a bad situation if the Storm had lost. We've had a real problem with the reffing this year.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Is it just me or does James McEwin look like the 2nd coming of Tim Priamo?
Not just you Dude - any time McEwan has played D he has looked pretty comfortable over the last couple of years. I'm thinking Stormsurge is on to something here....move Merk to forward and swap McEwan back to D for the rest of the run. For PP you can put Merk as a 4th forward on D to QB. How does that thought get sent up the line to GB?

Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Not just you Dude - any time McEwan has played D he has looked pretty comfortable over the last couple of years. I'm thinking Stormsurge is on to something here....move Merk to forward and swap McEwan back to D for the rest of the run. For PP you can put Merk as a 4th forward on D to QB. How does that thought get sent up the line to GB?
BINGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad