Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Nice to see daws perform with the limited time he has played

Penalties didnt help. Hopefully they can charge back up for london tomorrow quick turn around.​

Last edited:

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Nice to see the boys get a win in London for a change. Ends a losing streak in that building that began with the 2014 Memorial Cup Final. It was also their first regular season win there since October 2012.

Kudos to Merkley and Hillis for going 4 in 4 this weekend. Merkley had points in all 4 games including 3 Sunday and the game winner. Hillis was only held pointless in the top prospects game.

Shoutout this weekend to Daws for his awesome performance in Owen Sound Saturday, he deserved a better fate than a loss. His last couple games hadn't exactly been stellar so it was good to see him put up a solid game.

The boys are tied for 5th and 4pts out of 4th with a game in hand. If they can somehow stay in the 4 or 5 seed I think this team has a legit shot at the 2nd round. It would probably be a 1st round war with whoever they get but if they can come out on top and get to round 2 it would help the boys a ton going forward next year.

If they falter and end up 6-8 chances are it will be a quick first round exit. Maybe a 5 game series if they get Kitchener or Sarnia.

Long way to go still though.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Kudos to Merkley and Hillis for going 4 in 4 this weekend. Merkley had points in all 4 games including 3 Sunday and the game winner. Hillis was only held pointless in the top prospects game.
Can players play 4 in 4?
I thought the OHL capped it at 3 in 3.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
There is a tweet from tony saxon citing a conversation with Georgie where he was told there is no ssuch rule.

Id post the link but apparently i no longer know how to do that :/

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talked with George Burnett. Said there is no league rule preventing a player from playing four games in four nights. Said the two will play tonight and then they will reevaluate the rest of the weekend.</p>&mdash; Tony Saxon (@SaxonOnTheStorm) <a href="">January 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks RCS....I saw somewhere on twitter that a player (maybe from Hamilton) had to sit out a weekend game since the OHL had a rule against 4 games in 4 days. :)

StormFan87

Dec 19, 2014
Guelph 1
Mississauga 4
GWG Tippett

Owen Sound 3
Guelph 5
GWG Hillis

Guelph 4
North Bay 2
GWG Ratcliffe

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Missy fan here, about to see the Storm for the first time tomorrow, looking forward to seeing Ryan Merkley, or maybe not! What are some of the things that stand out about his play? He seems like a special player already, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a great game. Cheers!

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Thurs. Feb 1
Guelph - 4
Mississauga - 3
GWG - Ralph

Fri. Feb 2
Guelph - 5
Owen Sound - 4

GWG - Ratcliffe

Sun Feb 4
Guelph - 5
North Bay - 3
GWG - Hillis

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Guelph 4
Mississauga 2
Ratcliffe

Guelph 4
O S 3
Tropchenko

Guelph 4
N B 3
Hillis

Tarnatula if Merkley is on his game he can be very entertaining. I feel he learned alot with exposure to other top end players in the prospect's game. Cherry probably talked to him and tutoring from him has helped. Enjoy tonite.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Was reading on the Windsor site that a poster was talking about the play in the OHL has becoming a high skilled game of shiny. Also players are afraid to hit because of the new rules. After watching the prospects game, in person, I think it has more to do with the officiating. There were only about three penalties called, the tapping of the hands, arms etc was let go as were of light tugs, OHL refs call hooking way to often. the speed of the game was amazing, and yes some great hits that would incurred a penalty in the 'O'. Another thing, throwing centers out at faceoffs. Very rare Thursday night, come to Friday there were more within the first five minutes than in the entire prospects. What is ironic is that the entire officiating crew was from the OHL, too bad they can't carry the same style into the league games.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I have not been on the ball with remembering to predict the last couple of weeks, surprised I remembered a Thursday away game!

4-3 Guelph over Missy. Ratcliffe gwg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad