Value of: gucci kane to the preds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
How would the Leafs add his $7 Million dollar salary? WHY would the Leafs do that?

It seems to me adding another high priced forward isn't where their cap money should go, nevermind for a headcase like Kane
If 50% retained

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think he’d be the best player in the playoffs. He’s one of the most competitive players in the nhl. Probably one of the hardest workers In NHL history. He is a beast and can put a team over the edge.

Like I said, you're being overly optimistic. He's not really a beast in the playoffs and I don't see him becoming one at age 30
Yeah, Kane had been in the playoffs before and not beasted out. He was part of long run in 2018-19 and wasn’t particularly beastly, at least in terms of production, as he shot 3.5% and scored 2 goals (out of 8 points) in 20 games. And had some real sketchy advanced stats to go with that.

He had 5 points, with 4 goals, in 9 games in 2017-18, but his underlying stats were even worse, thanks to his bad defense. So he didn’t push San Jose over the edge in his prime years.

If a team is willing to take a chance on him, they probably will prefer to wait until San Jose buys him out. 3 years/3.5m is still a big commitment, presumably too big for a flaky risk like Kane.

Reactions: TFHockey

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I’d give him away at 50% easily, but Id be hesitant to buy him out. It doesn’t save that much cash, and pushes heavy buyout dollars into years where the sharks are starting to get out of the bulk of their bad contracts. More importantly there is no way I’d attach a first round pick to him. Teams may be right to ask for it, but that player could be the franchise changer the team needs, and his ELC would be up after Kane’s contract is off the books.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Don't see why the Sharks should be in an huge rush. Sooner or later (surprised it isn't already the case) one imagines they'll be able to just terminate his contract. At this rate. No need to start taking on any penalties to move him. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad