Value of: gucci kane to the preds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Its time to let the boy get back to the South.

Evander has made it clear that his tenure in Atlanta was the best time of his career and he enjoyed playing in a Southern Market .

Preds desperately need more dudes that can pot ginos.

I think the nurtuing atmosphere of the South, chill media environment and genial culture will allow him to thrive and reignite his passion for life and for the game .

Proposal:

To SJS: Nick Cousins

to Preds : Gucci Kane (50% retained )

Country Club Line
Tolvanen-Granlund-Kunin
Kane-Novak-Tomasino
Jeannot-Sissons-Trenin
Gucci Kane?

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
The buyout caphit is higher than the retention hit would be 2 out of the 3 years and there's 3 more years of caphit after the retention would be off the books. How is buying him out the better option than looking for someone to take him at 50%?

Reactions: banks

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t know why fans of other teams are taking such glee in crapping on Sharks fans over all this Kane nonsense. Don’t we deserve sympathy more than anything? Until Kane is off this team, I can’t in good conscious fully cheer for them. It’s an awful feeling. And we don’t need all this “you’d have to pay a 1st and a 2nd and” BS from other fanbases, especially from a fan of the team that drafted Anthony DeAngelo.

Reactions: Gecklund

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don’t know why fans of other teams are taking such glee in crapping on Sharks fans over all this Kane nonsense. Don’t we deserve sympathy more than anything? Until Kane is off this team, I can’t in good conscious fully cheer for them. It’s an awful feeling. And we don’t need all this “you’d have to pay a 1st and a 2nd and” BS from other fanbases, especially from a fan of the team that drafted Anthony DeAngelo.
You don’t even know what being gleefully crapped on by other fanbases is. I’m a Coyotes fan. Evander Kane wouldn’t crack our top 25 embarrassments list. He’s a fart in the wind.

Of course you can cheer for your team. Nobody feels bad for you for this. He was a jerk when your team traded for him and he’s a jerk now. Doug Wilson lives with that, not you. Cheer for your team. Don’t cry over your first ever controversy. Enjoy your 25 years of mostly competent credibility. Lol.

And Tampa drafted DeAngelo, ya goofball.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The buyout caphit is higher than the retention hit would be 2 out of the 3 years and there's 3 more years of caphit after the retention would be off the books. How is buying him out the better option than looking for someone to take him at 50%?

One year is slightly more and one is a mil more. I have no desire to do retaining and pay for Kerfoot when he offers us nothing and makes the cap hit neutral. If the Sharks are going to retain half on Kane, there will be no cap coming back unless it's a useful player.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I like Evander as a player, but we saw what happened with Subban in Nashville - at first he'd be the shiny new toy, well liked for a while and then for reasons he'd quickly become the new #1 punching bag for the fan base before being either shipped out to somewhere else within 2 seasons for a fraction of the price we paid to get him or be out of the league altogether.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I like Evander as a player, but we saw what happened with Subban in Nashville - at first he'd be the shiny new toy, well liked for a while and then for reasons he'd quickly become the new #1 punching bag for the fan base before being either shipped out to somewhere else within 2 seasons for a fraction of the price we paid to get him or be out of the league altogether.
I'm not entirely sure what these have to do with each other. Subban was generally a well-liked player aside from the normal Canadian/Montreal media bullshit. He had personality, which definitely rubbed some people the wrong way, but that's it. Kane's issue is having zero judgment, an apparent lack of a moral compass, and no apparent concern for how his actions affect others in his life or on his team.

Fairly sure there isn't a single non-former-Thrasher fan among the Preds fanbase that would have any interest in bringing Kane into our roster. Exactly the type of player you don't want to be potentially influencing a young squad.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm not entirely sure what these have to do with each other. Subban was generally a well-liked player aside from the normal Canadian/Montreal media bullshit. He had personality, which definitely rubbed some people the wrong way, but that's it. Kane's issue is having zero judgment, an apparent lack of a moral compass, and no apparent concern for how his actions affect others in his life or on his team.

Fairly sure there isn't a single non-former-Thrasher fan among the Preds fanbase that would have any interest in bringing Kane into our roster. Exactly the type of player you don't want to be potentially influencing a young squad.

If you think losing Pitlick on waivers caused an uproar on our boards, imagine if we traded for the biggest persona non grata in the league.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

100% agree I still contend that behavior matters and every chance Poile has taken with character issues has blown up. Radulov the Koystinin brothers, Riberio, Watson on and on and on. The room right now is fragile and will continue to be unless Poile can get Forsberg resigned. This is not the time to bring in the baggage Kane is dragging around.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ottawa could easily take him with the intent of buying him out.

What would the Sharks pay? We're talking about at least 10 M$ in cost and more in AAV

Balcers and a protected 1st? :sarcasm:

Nope. We'll buy him out if retention asks continue to be unreasonable.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
The sharks could put him on waivers. If no one picks him up, I wouldn't be shocked if he refuses to report to the Barracuda so they could void his contract that way.

Reactions: banks

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nope. We'll buy him out if retention asks continue to be unreasonable.

Do I need to write that in that hypothetical scenario, Ottawa would take him with 0% retention? I thought it was pretty obvious...

The sharks could put him on waivers. If no one picks him up, I wouldn't be shocked if he refuses to report to the Barracuda so they could void his contract that way.

Why would anyone pick him off waivers? You're talking about a guy that should be cancelled. But you never know, Montreal could bite :sarcasm:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Kane is toxic. He'll likely get paid his full contract, but I can't see him representing any organization as a player on their ice.
He done.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do I need to write that in that hypothetical scenario, Ottawa would take him with 0% retention? I thought it was pretty obvious...

You can if you want but it won't change the parameters for the Sharks. They aren't paying anyone futures to get rid of Kane and they're not retaining an unreasonable amount which anything more than 2 mil would be.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can if you want but it won't change the parameters for the Sharks. They aren't paying anyone futures to get rid of Kane and they're not retaining an unreasonable amount which anything more than 2 mil would be.

It's either the Sharks buy out the contract themselves ($$$ cost + AAV for 6 years) or they PAY someone else to do it (in assets with OR without retention)

There's no other way around it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad