Value of: gucci kane to the preds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Its time to let the boy get back to the South.

Evander has made it clear that his tenure in Atlanta was the best time of his career and he enjoyed playing in a Southern Market .

Preds desperately need more dudes that can pot ginos.

I think the nurtuing atmosphere of the South, chill media environment and genial culture will allow him to thrive and reignite his passion for life and for the game .

Proposal:

To SJS: Nick Cousins

to Preds : Gucci Kane (50% retained )

Country Club Line
Tolvanen-Granlund-Kunin
Kane-Novak-Tomasino
Jeannot-Sissons-Trenin
Not going to comment on the proposed trade, but any suggestion that Kane's issues can be solved by geography is insane.

Reactions: TFHockey

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Didn’t Kane have to secure his debt against the rest of his contract? With his paycheques going straight to the creditors? How will a termination impact that lmfao hopefully he isn’t getting a back massage in Vegas…

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He’s the least desirable player in the world.

I mean, because he is in the news right now we do have a bias as fans. I can see that, but if I am a neutral GM looking to improve my team do I look for Kane with no retention? That doesn't make sense for anybody. He is as negative an asset right now as anyone in the league and he has term.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Too funny. Except he's not
Far to good of a player
I’m sure he’s going to light it up for San Jose over the next 21 games. I bet the Bay Area fan base just loves having this guy around, and the Sharks executive staff and ownership group is thrilled that he’s dragging their brand through the mud with his never ending circus of stupidity and vile behavior. I’m sure Gary Bettman can’t wait to be asked about him every single time he’s in front of a camera.

Reactions: Fuhrious and banks

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I mean, because he is in the news right now we do have a bias as fans. I can see that, but if I am a neutral GM looking to improve my team do I look for Kane with no retention? That doesn't make sense for anybody. He is as negative an asset right now as anyone in the league and he has term.
Does “right now” mean the same as “perpetually” or “ceaselessly”? If so, I agree. :)

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I’m sure he’s going to light it up for San Jose over the next 21 games. I bet the Bay Area fan base just loves having this guy around, and the Sharks executive staff and ownership group is thrilled that he’s dragging their brand through the mud with his never ending circus of stupidity and vile behavior. I’m sure Gary Bettman can’t wait to be asked about him every single time he’s in front of a camera.
Up until rumors started appearing he was unliked in the locker room room most fans did like Kane.
He's seems certainly guilty of picking the wrong spouse.
That's a lot of crap you have condensed into one past. Reeks of desperation

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Up until rumors started appearing he was unliked in the locker room room most fans did like Kane.
He's seems certainly guilty of picking the wrong spouse.
That's a lot of crap you have condensed into one past. Reeks of desperation
Haha. Literally LOL. You’re going to conveniently forget about everything outside of the allegations of his estranged wife? Those issues are the least of his problems. Those investigations led nowhere. Is he suspended 21 games because he chose the wrong spouse or is it for another reason? Is he bankrupt because of her, or is there another person we can blame? Mr. Money Phone is an adult.

Reactions: Fuhrious and banks

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Haha. Literally LOL. You’re going to conveniently forget about everything outside of the allegations of his estranged wife? Those issues are the least of his problems. Those investigations led nowhere. Is he suspended 21 games because he chose the wrong spouse or is it for another reason? Is he bankrupt because of her, or is there another person we can blame? Mr. Money Phone is an adult.
No because he has a forged vaccination card.
Yes they are the least of his problems as the league found there was no there.... there
Obe Nobe!!! Are you saying an athlete/person has character flaws?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No because he has a forged vaccination card.
Yes they are the least of his problems as the league found there was no there.... there
Obe Nobe!!! Are you saying an athlete/person has character flaws?

I think you, as a fan, have glossed over Kane's problems. Look at it from another perspective.

Let's say the Oilers has a player who is offensively skilled but has had the same off ice issues Kane has had. He is signed for three more years at $7 Million. Do you think San Jose should trade good players or picks for that guy? Most would laugh at that idea as absurd, and insist the Oilers add a 1st to move him.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Not going to comment on the proposed trade, but any suggestion that Kane's issues can be solved by geography is insane.
he has gone on record saying he enjoyed his time in the south and felt part of the community in Atlanta

While Nashville is not Atlanta and the 2 cities have many differences they both are more culturally similar and would provide a positive environment for Evander to turn his game and life around, compared to the Bay Area (lol who wants to live in Cali now ) or Canadia

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think the most relevant 2 questions are:

1) What NHL team, if any, would be willing to take Kane with 50% salary retained, even possibly with no assets in return going to SJ?

2) Would the Sharks prefer to "stick it" to Kane by buying him out and having him earn only 2/3rds of his remaining contract (but have the buy out cap hit spread across a longer period of time)? Or would they prefer to eat 50% and only have the cap hit for the next 3 seasons after this one and be done with it on their books more quickly (but Kane would then earn 100% of his remaining contract instead of 2/3rds)?
It’s going to be a buyout if they can’t wiggle out of the contract by termination over his random misdeeds. It’s really difficult to terminate deals in the NHL, so the odds are on a buyout.

I don’t see how another team would be willing to risk even a three year/3.5m commitment to Kane, particularly when they know they can always potentially get a cheaper one year “show me” contract done after San Jose dumps him if they’re still somehow are interested in rolling the dice with him.

Not with the 1) gambling accusations 2) domestic abuse accusations (mixed in with past assault accusations) 3) the abortion scam accusation with his mistress 4) fake COVID vaccination card suspensions 5) the very public, kind of weird bankruptcy 6) the locker room drama

How can a team even announce a trade for Evander Kane and explain away that, frankly at this point, cartoonish level of baggage? His ex-wife isn’t the only source of accusations here, the mistress & COVID suspension & bankruptcy & locker-room drama is all separate from her, which is kind of astonishing if you think about it and a glaring reason why no other team would touch him.

Kane generated an unbelievable amount of problems and public embarrassment for himself and the people around him and no new team is going to voluntarily sign up to be a part of that crazy train. He’s very much not worth it.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I think you, as a fan, have glossed over Kane's problems. Look at it from another perspective.

Let's say the Oilers has a player who is offensively skilled but has had the same off ice issues Kane has had. He is signed for three more years at $7 Million. Do you think San Jose should trade good players or picks for that guy? Most would laugh at that idea as absurd, and insist the Oilers add a 1st to move him.
I would expect some team in contention to make a play and as part of the deal send a contract back in order to accommodate Kane's salary as part of the deal. I also wouldn't be expecting much of a return for Kane.
I don't expect the Sharks will have to retain nor have to give up a 1st+ to make it happen

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I would expect some team in contention to make a play and as part of the deal send a contract back in order to accommodate Kane's salary as part of the deal. I also wouldn't be expecting much of a return for Kane.
I don't expect the Sharks will have to retain nor have to give up a 1st+ to make it happen

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. To me if anyone costs a 1st to move, it is Evander Kane.

Reactions: banks

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
H6sEAn0.jpg

Not sure why they didnt just terminate his contract like LA did with Mike Richards at this point.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks aren't going to trade him at half retention. They'll just buy him out in the offseason if they're told termination isn't a viable route.

Reactions: Gecklund

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
That's why talent means nothing in this league without a strong head on your shoulders and a willingness to work.

No team wants an off-ice distraction no matter how talented you are. It's a team game at the end of the day and one bad apple is all it takes to mess it all up.

Who knows how many Sharks players he's rubbed the wrong way and thus may wanna leave team if he is not off of it.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
H6sEAn0.jpg

Not sure why they didnt just terminate his contract like LA did with Mike Richards at this point.

That buyout would be 1000% worth it, given the Sharks situation right now. I somehow thought it would be way more painful.

By the time the worst of it was over (2025) Burns will be off the books, and Vlasic will be in his final year. Before that it's temporary pain, but not likely to hurt an un-competitive Sharks team. And its certainly nothing like the hell the Wild are in for the next couple of years.

If they find a way to get out Vlasic's last year with some retention at the same time, that will be almost 20 million in dead cap and vet contracts they will be walking away from. At that point, 1.67M will be absolutely nothing, and likely be a help (along with any retained money) for a team that is probably trying to go young and reach past the cap floor.

In the meantime, losing Kane might be addition by subtraction, and see the team get back on track a little.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If DeAngelo can find another job in the NHL, Kane will as well.

I have my doubts if any team is willing to trade for him though, even at 50% retention. Buyout definitely seems like the route it's heading to, then I imagine a team like Tampa will sign him to a 1-year league min.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad