Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vegas always cheating...
Don't get why Lehner isn't on LTIR for LV. Was it because the LV were prepared to go ahead and void the deal and deal with the greivance, while the NHL opted to give in to avoid bad PR as a league because of his "mental illness". So the resolution was for LV to pay him but not land in LTIR.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
IMO that’s way too much for Swayman.
I am not sure what the Vegas cap situation is like but thought the Lehner decision just means they aren't in LTIR to start the season

Maybe they keep Theodore or they get another player back to help Boston out cap wise

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I am not sure what the Vegas cap situation is like but thought the Lehner decision just means they aren't in LTIR to start the season

Maybe they keep Theodore or they get another player back to help Boston out cap wise

Golden Knights with a 22/23 roster have 2.23m in cap space.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Curious to see who ultimately gets to play with Miller & Boeser and who gets to play with Pettersson & DeBrusk.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Blankenburg on waivers today… always liked him when we played Columbus. Could be an upgrade over Forbort
With Quinn the Canucks are not likely to claim a smaller Dman.
Smaller Dmen need to be able to produce offensively to stick long term in the NHL.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
With Quinn the Canucks are not likely to claim a smaller Dman.
Smaller Dmen need to be able to produce offensively to stick long term in the NHL.

From my memory the guy played a lot bigger than his height and threw his body around. With Soucy, Myers and Desharnais - do we really need another BIG dman?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Blankenburg on waivers today… always liked him when we played Columbus. Could be an upgrade over Forbort
He's a right shot and undersized, probably an upgrade on Friedman but by how much? He was great in Columbus that first year, clearly he's fallen off enough to be waived

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What? I do not agree with this. Lol

Motte was a massive heart and soul player on the team. He was also a great ambassador of mental health awareness.

You never did question Motte when he was on the ice, he may not of been the most talented but he "Always" gave %110 percent.

Definition of a player that looked busy but accomplished little.

Had great hustle which is what endeared him to the fan base but it sometimes even worked to his detriment because he was prone to over back checking.

(And only talking about on ice stuff)

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'll disagree here.

Motte when he was healthy was absolutely a top notch 4th liner. He was fast, he was physical, he chipped in goals, he was strong defensively and elite on the PK.

The problem was that his body couldn't hack his play style and out of the ~300 games he was on a Canuck roster for over four years, between injuries/not being 100% etc. was actually saw the 'best Motte' for maybe 80-100 games.

"Chipped in goals" here is like giving him flowers for "moving his feet". It's a low bar.

He scored at a 11-12 goal / 21-22 point pace here which is like the bare minimum you want from a good 4th liner. Last season there were over like 300 forwards that paced at these numbers or better.

Granted he hasn't been on too many great teams over his career but he's never been an important piece for the ones he has been on. The best team he was on was the 22 Rangers and he scored 2 points over a combined 24 regular season and playoff games.

IMO a lot of the love for him just has to do with him being a grinder that worked hard for a franchise that was in a very dark period and the fans had little to cling to. Effort seemed optional at times for a lot of players during that time so someone never taking a shift off was a sight for sore eyes.

And if someone has any links or evidence that supports his alleged strong underlying game, I'd love to see it. Open to changing my mind.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
From my memory the guy played a lot bigger than his height and threw his body around. With Soucy, Myers and Desharnais - do we really need another BIG dman?
I think they like big guys because the extra size makes it harder to get into the middle. Small guys no matter how “big” they play cannot provide that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad