Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
When the upside of a player is being on the 4th line and not getting lit up, the bar is low.

Like looking around the bar at 2am before the lights come on low.
I too miss the days of having a $15 million dollar 4th line, but the best option with a salary cap is to pay league minimum to 4th liners as often as possible based on their ice time.

Also having a $15 million 4th line was f***ing awful.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
The one thing he's good at is causing the other team to also do nothing when he's on the ice.

He's just an extremely low-event player both ways who you can insert onto the 4th line and know he'll play the system and gum up the works for the opponent and won't hurt you.

Exactly, not like the bums we've been trying up to this point. Can always be better but at least he doesn't hurt us out there.

We've had the likes of Dries, Motte, Highmore, Petan, Dowling, Lammikko, and Gaudette, going back to Beagle before that. How quick people are to judgement before thinking about what the situation actually is. If there are better $850,000 4th line centers available by all means sign me up.

Last edited:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The one thing he's good at is causing the other team to also do nothing when he's on the ice.

He's just an extremely low-event player both ways who you can insert onto the 4th line and know he'll play the system and gum up the works for the opponent and won't hurt you.

Also blocks shots at a fairly high rate, which is an endearing trait if you're a coach.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I can do worse! I will confine you to the Oilers board!
1727919315303.png

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Exactly, not like the bums we've been trying up to this point. Can always be better but at least he doesn't hurt us out there.

We've had the likes of Dries, Motte, Highmore, Petan, Dowling, Lammikko, and Gaudette, going back to Beagle before that. How quick people are to judgement before thinking about what the situation actually is. If there are better $850,000 4th line centers available by all means sign me up.
Weird to lump Motte into that group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad