Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Having Aman over Raty is criminal if the team values performance. Don't care if Raty is waivers exempt.
Yeah, based on what we've seen preseason, I don't disagree, but i do worry about Raty once we get into the regular season and the pace picks up noticeably. If he has to empty the tank to keep up, he could burn out quickly. I'll be curious to see his edge data if he sticks. Maybe the cost to move Poolman will come down enough in the 11th hour to get him moved and we can be cap compliant with a very healthy cushion.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Having Aman over Raty is criminal if the team values performance. Don't care if Raty is waivers exempt.

The fact is we don't really have room for either of them unless Suter is out. It's better for Raty to play a prominent role on the farm than get carried as a 13F. Aman is a pretty prototypical 13F and requires waivers. Basically arguing over who should sit in the press box.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, based on what we've seen preseason, I don't disagree, but i do worry about Raty once we get into the regular season and the pace picks up noticeably. If he has to empty the tank to keep up, he could burn out quickly. I'll be curious to see his edge data if he sticks. Maybe the cost to move Poolman will come down enough in the 11th hour to get him moved and we can be cap compliant with a very healthy cushion.
He's 21, his recovery rate should still be pretty good.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
I’m curious if they didn’t want to expose both PDG & Aman at the same time in case they ended up losing both of them. As much as they really are filler forwards, filler forwards with NHL experience who understand your system have some short term value.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I’m curious if they didn’t want to expose both PDG & Aman at the same time in case they ended up losing both of them. As much as they really are filler forwards, filler forwards with NHL experience who understand your system have some short term value.

They won't because they need to keep one of them as 13F. Aman is obviously preferred due to positional premium, while they are both good PKers. One of them needed to be waived to stay below LTIR ... they also probably need to demote Bains and Raty, and waive one of Friedman/Juulsen.

Things change if Suter is out for a bit, but based on practice lines yesterday Aman will slot in for him at 4C.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Has Phil D ever been claimed off of waivers? He wasn't the first two times that he was waived by Vancouver and he had plenty of NHL experience at that point. Why now, at age 31? It's a possibility, of course, but generally these guys don't get claimed.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

Is it really though? Raty has been alright to good against weak competition playing with strong line-mates like Garland and Hoglander on the first or second line for 4 games. Has Aman had those opportunities? Not really he played third line with Heinen and Karlsson game one and then game 4 I'm sure he was with crap linemates as well in limited minutes. You have no clue what's going on in practice where it matters most.

I think people need to pump the brakes a bit here and see how it plays out. Why not do what is best for the team? Thankfully our management is 100% caring who is waiver exempt and who is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad