Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Waiting for the rest of the preseason to finish but, if the season were to start tomorrow, it would be hard to keep Raty and Lekkerimaki off the roster in favour of guys like PDG, Aman, and Sprong.

There is room for both Lekkerimaki and Sprong with Joshua out. Lekkerimaki may well win the open top-six spot to start, while Sprong has spent time with Suter, which could be 2/3rds of a line. I suspect Raty is moving ahead of Aman on the centre depth chart as we speak. PDG will be a part-time fourth-liner who subs in when needed. They'll probably carry him as the 13F at least until Joshua is healthy, unless Karlsson steals his spot.

I suspect they may be contemplating:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
DeBrusk-Pettersson-Lekkerimaki
Hoglander-Raty-Garland
Sprong-Suter-Sherwood
PDG

Raty is sent down once Blueger is healthy. Unless he completely blows the doors off, then you probably move Suter to wing. Will be interesting to see what happens with Hoglander/Sprong once Joshua is healthy, but that will largely depend on if Lekkerimaki sticks.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
There is room for both Lekkerimaki and Sprong with Joshua out. Lekkerimaki may well win the open top-six spot to start, while Sprong has spent time with Suter, which could be 2/3rds of a line. I suspect Raty is moving ahead of Aman on the centre depth chart as we speak. PDG will be a part-time fourth-liner who subs in when needed. They'll probably carry him as the 13F at least until Joshua is healthy, unless Karlsson steals his spot.

I suspect they may be contemplating:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
DeBrusk-Pettersson-Lekkerimaki
Hoglander-Raty-Garland
Sprong-Suter-Sherwood
PDG

Raty is sent down once Blueger is healthy. Unless he completely blows the doors off, then you probably move Suter to wing. Will be interesting to see what happens with Hoglander/Sprong once Joshua is healthy, but that will largely depend on if Lekkerimaki sticks.
i wonder who they will use a trade chip to improve the D if Raty and Lekk can stick.

Reactions: David71

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
i wonder who they will use a trade chip to improve the D if Raty and Lekk can stick.
Reluctant to suggest it......but if Silovs' early play isn't a mirage, the logical guy to deal for some serious lineup help elsewhere, would be Demko when he's recovered.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
probably not .. Demko's trade value is probably way down and goalies don't have that much value anyways.
I suspect he would have a fair deal of value. His injury may keep him out for a while, but there are teams like Edmonton who would love to get him. However I don't see a chance in hell that Demko is traded if he plays close to the way he did last year. I mean, he was nominated for the Vezina last year.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I suspect he would have a fair deal of value. His injury may keep him out for a while, but there are teams like Edmonton who would love to get him. However I don't see a chance in hell that Demko is traded if he plays close to the way he did last year. I mean, he was nominated for the Vezina last year.
i don't think so, GMs are going to use his injury history as a reason to low ball, also can't see teams willing to throw that much for a injury prone goalie.

Reactions: Nick Lang

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I don't see any of our depth players being useful in a trade to improve the D. If the likes of Aman, PDG, or Sprong are beaten out of spots by Lekk and Raty, they are most likely waiver wire guys.

Hoglander is the one guy with trade value that we might be willing to part with, I'd imagine. Depending on how things shake out he could be dangled once Joshua gets back.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

It’s an interesting question but the obvious answer is Hoglander, and the organization has been pretty glowing in their praise of him thus far through camp and last night’s game.

I’m not sure anyone else would carry much value (ie. Suter and/or Sprong). Some may mention Garland, but I think they’d rather keep him and Joshua intact.

If the young guns stick, though, and someone blows your socks off with a Hoglander offer, maybe.

I think with the news Blueger is back shortly, Raty probably starts in the AHL. I could see Lekkerimäki sticking till Joshua is back, however, since he doesn’t have a ton of competition on the wing.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It’s an interesting question but the obvious answer is Hoglander, and the organization has been pretty glowing in their praise of him thus far through camp and last night’s game.

I’m not sure anyone else would carry much value (ie. Suter and/or Sprong). Some may mention Garland, but I think they’d rather keep him and Joshua intact.

If the young guns stick, though, and someone blows your socks off with a Hoglander offer, maybe.

I think with the news Blueger is back shortly, Raty probably starts in the AHL. I could see Lekkerimäki sticking till Joshua is back, however, since he doesn’t have a ton of competition on the wing.
yeah i think Garland if they ever decide to move him, it will be an offseason thing .. but who the hell knows, this management group is like ruthless.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
I think Lekkerimaki still looks young physically. He can get bumped off the puck and angled away too easily right now. His IQ and talent was definitely apparent and would be useful, but I don't think starting him in the NHL is the best thing for him or the team. If anything he get's called up midway through the year similar to Stankoven.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think Lekkerimaki still looks young physically. He can get bumped off the puck and angled away too easily right now. His IQ and talent was definitely apparent and would be useful, but I don't think starting him in the NHL is the best thing for him or the team. If anything he get's called up midway through the year similar to Stankoven.

I think it's likely he's given extended pre-season and sent down for this reason.

You'd start the year with Heinen-Miller-Boeser, DeBrusk-Pettersson-Sprong, and Hoglander-Suter/Blueger-Garland until Joshua is healthy.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
If Raty keeps winning faceoffs on the right side with the Malhotra flipping the stick trick I think Tocchet will be keeping him in the lineup and moving Suter to the wing.

Tocchet emphasized in his presser today how important that is on the PK with Lindholm no longer on the team to take those important right side draws in the defensive zone.

Reactions: Lindgren

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder how much workout time there is down in the A. Always worried about having prospects down in the A due to the goonery.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Well yeah, if we target any top end contributor, it would require 1st + roster player + prospect.

I wonder who would be the roster player and the prospect.

Depends on the target but I definitely could see Hoglander being the roster player. Prospect is likely anyone not named Lekkerimaki or Willander. Although, I don't necessarily see us big game hunting this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad