Euro: Group C: Denmark vs. England

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
He's a forward. He's better than Kane but the drop-off from Mbappé to Kane is nowhere near as big as the other four and what France have in midfield.

But those French defenders absolutely shit all over what England and Germany have back there:laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's a forward though. He's better than Kane but the drop-off from Mbappé to Kane is nowhere near as big as the other four and what France have in midfield.

But those French defenders absolutely shit all over what England and Germany have back there:laugh:
This is simply not true. Kante showed last game he’s still a baller. Beyond that you have greizzman who was arguably 2nd best player last World Cup. As well as the Madrid boys in midfield….

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a forward. He's better than Kane but the drop-off from Mbappé to Kane is nowhere near as big as the other four and what France have in midfield.

He still runs at defenders and creates danger with the ball at his foot the way those others do, whatever you call him :dunno:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
This is part of the issue when a majority of the media and fanbase insist that guys like Maguire (injured), Grealish, Rashford and others are left out, so they can pick "guys on form" for Palace, Villa and West Ham.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
To me Mainoo seems a better option than Wharton in the second setup, but either way both of those setups seem to make better use of skills than whatever Southgate is trying.

I'd love to see Mainoo start but him and Rice didn't really work against Iceland and I'd try to protect Mainoo from Southgate and the English media.

You don’t need anything that drastic. Just drop TAA and play Bellingham in with Foden in his natural position and Gordon on the left. Oh, and give Southgate a lobotomy.

They scored today and then decided to camp out at their own box. Asinine.

Probably makes most sense.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I missed this game.

Give me the summary or your take on this.

Does this draw have heavy meaning for England?

Or should I say: does this draw show well for Denmark's survival or concern for England's?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I missed this game.

Or should I say: does this draw show well for Denmark's survival or concern for England's?

A bit of both. The Danes weren’t particularly great and the English passivity isn’t a new issue for them.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You don’t need anything that drastic. Just drop TAA and play Bellingham in with Foden in his natural position and Gordon on the left. Oh, and give Southgate a lobotomy.

They scored today and then decided to camp out at their own box. Asinine.
Trent is still, by far, their best chance creator. Which we should have known before the tournament started and the stats still back up. For a team that can’t create anything taking off their best chance creator probably isn’t the answer either.

The other crazy thing today was Trent came off before the triple sub that put all the (fresh) runners on. You’d think Trent would have been able to pick those guys out.

It’s sad that the answer is probably dumb the system down even more because Southgate has no idea how to balance things.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I missed this game.

I mean if England beats Slovenia none of this really matters, for now anyway. Denmark was always going to be England’s toughest game; but this is the second game in a row where England proved they have no ideas, subbed seemed pre-scripted. But again, Southgate’s England has been dependent on individual talent, dead balls and penalties so not a whole bunch has changed either

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Trent is still, by far, their best chance creator. Which we should have known before the tournament started and the stats still back up. For a team that can’t create anything taking off their best chance creator probably isn’t the answer either.

The other crazy thing today was Trent came off before the triple sub that put all the (fresh) runners on. You’d think Trent would have been able to pick those guys out.

It’s sad that the answer is probably dumb the system down even more because Southgate has no idea how to balance things.
Well, they wouldn't be replacing him with Gallagher. I know Bellingham isn't the same type of player, but he will create. Dropping Foden before trying him in his best position would get Southgate pilloried.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well, they wouldn't be replacing him with Gallagher. I know Bellingham isn't the same type of player, but he will create. Dropping Foden before trying him in his best position would get Southgate pilloried.
Honestly I’m dropping Kane. Southgate won’t but I would. He is the most misfit piece with the rest of the talent. I drop Kane, I bring Foden off the bench and I go from there. Foden/Jude is the new Gerrard/Lampard

If the want to persist with the same pieces, I am going something like this

Kane
Gordon Foden Jude Saka
Rice Trent
Gomez Guehi Stones

And you try to build up in 235 with the ball like

Gordon Foden Kane Jude Saka
Rice Stones Trent
Gomez Guehi

Trent inverting in, Stones basically doing what he was doing for City in 22/23 which frees Rice up a bit more. You get your width balance with Gordon

That at least makes sense to me. Not whatever we are currently seeing

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad