Euro: Group A Final Day

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There’s a reason Germany is ranked 16th in the world by FIFA. We’re seeing it here today. Germany are clearly not close to the level of Spain/France/England in terms of pure talent and it’s going to hold them back once again. I’d be shocked if they make it past the round of 16, regardless of the home field advantage. Not enough quality throughout the lineup.

He’s alive!!! I was so worried about you, hopefully Füllkrug’s goal didn’t hurt you too much *hug*

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know "if it ain't broke..." and all that but it would sure be nice to start the proper striker in Füllkrug at some point.

I would’ve started Nic in the first two matches and may start him against Denmark, but Havertz helps us more against the top teams…better presser, link-up, drags defenders around more, etc…so I kinda get JN just rolling with Kai to build up chemistry.

Especially with Füllkrug killing it as a joker.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Just watched some of the key moments of the Scotland Hungary game which I obviously couldn't watch yesterday.

On Varga's injury..damn that was pretty reckless by Gunn. I think Hungary was offsides anyway, but Gunn ran out there without giving a flying eff if he ran over someone in the process.

I know the Hungarians got agitated by the fact it took a while for the stretcher to come out, but I think that was just the emotional reaction due to being shocked. It was less than 15 seconds before the Hungarian medical staff was with Varga and additional paramedics arrived within less than 30 seconds. It then took a minute or so before the stretcher came which pissed off the Hungarians, but it didn't even make a difference. Varga didn't get transported off the pitch for another full 3 minutes.

On the Scottish penalty shout, if you listen to the British media, and Scottish commentators in particular, you'd think it was the most controversial non-call in the history of football. In reality, it was about on par with the non-calls in the Germany game. The Scottish attacker basically made some very dodgy movements which certainly made it look like he was seeking the contact. Refs in this tournament have overall been really, really reluctant to call penalties in situations where the attacker appears to try to manufacture the foul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad