Euro: Group A Final Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We really didn't. Either tonight or against Switzerland. Negative, cautious, hopeless.

I checked in at around the 70th, not sure what they did before but since then they went for goal IMO. They had more to gain than Hungary by not doing it (who had to go for it) but I didn't really see negative football from that point IMO.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I don't think they deserved the three points but they went for the win. I respect that.

Their first shot was in stoppage time lmao.

Both teams deserve to go out imo. Awful overly pragmatic football stifling the creativity from both coaches. Pretty sure Clarke was trying to hold on for a draw as well and pray they get through on 2 pts.

Game only became interesting in last 10-15 minutes when tactics went out the window and players just took it into their own hands.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Not sure that's enough for Hungary. Let's do some math here. Basically the Hungarians want Italy to not lose tomorrow, they want England to win, and they want Turkey to not lose to the Czechs. They need 2 of those 3 to come to pass.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Their first shot was in stoppage time lmao.

Both teams deserve to go out imo. Awful overly pragmatic football stifling the creativity from both coaches. Pretty sure Clarke was trying to hold on for a draw as well and pray they get through on 2 pts.

Game only became interesting in last 10-15 minutes when tactics went out the window and players just took it into their own hands.

Yeah I started watching around the 70th and based on Ceremony's comments it seems like this wasn't the case prior but I thought both Scotland and Hungary were clearly going for goals in the time I watched.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I felt like you knew the Scots were in trouble when you saw how thrilled the camp was with the 1-1 vs Switzerland. Like a team entirely aware of its limitations and content to just not get embarrassed.

Reactions: HajdukSplit

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah I started watching around the 70th and based on Ceremony's comments it seems like this wasn't the case prior but I thought both Scotland and Hungary were clearly going for goals in the time I watched.
I think our one shot on target came in the 80th minute so probably.

I felt like you knew the Scots were in trouble when you saw how thrilled the camp was with the 1-1 vs Switzerland. Like a team entirely aware of its limitations and content to just not get embarrassed.
The fist pump from Clarke at full time in that game was depressing and embarrassing in equal measure.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I watched most of the first half because I thought it would be the more open game. It was pretty shit.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Bizarre rant from Clarke about the ref being Argentine as well.

He knows he's messed up and is desperate for anyone to blame. As negative and dire a performance as there's been at this tournament. He's set us up to be miserably negative, and it hasn't even worked. Let the fans down.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I mean it is broken, Germany could have played 240 minutes with Havertz today and the dude wouldn't have scored.
It could probably be rationalized that "it's working" in that Füllkrug has been highly effective coming on as a substitute and producing in that role, now in more than one tournament. I just suspect that he'd continue to do so in a starter role, but...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad