Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I'm obviously dying for him to get back to Detroit and play for them but it's not looking good right now.
I think it's been pretty obvious for a while that the relationship between Detroit and Vrana is at a point where both sides are ready to move on without the other. If it doesn't happen prior to the trade deadline, I'd expect a separation one way or another during the offseason.

Reactions: Czechboy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think it's been pretty obvious for a while that the relationship between Detroit and Vrana is at a point where both sides are ready to move on without the other. If it doesn't happen prior to the trade deadline, I'd expect a separation one way or another during the offseason.
Vrana+Chiarot for future consideration

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Thank you!

I had several fans tell me yesterday that he will be in Europe soon.
"Soon" is a relative term. For a 6th overall pick, returning to play in Europe before you are 28 years old is "soon". Nobody tried to imply it was going to be in the next couple of days or weeks, but you are hung up on acting like they did.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
A blah Griffins special tonight. Felt like Ed had a bit of rough one, lots of flubs and giveaways offensively. Erne got PP time and everything his first game down and looked terrible of course. Things just werent clicking in general for them tonight.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Fire Simon. GR should be winning enviroment all the time.

Why aren't the beat writers all over this subject? I would image that is easier to get information from the Griffins organization than from the Red Wings org.

Reactions: Reddwit

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A blah Griffins special tonight. Felt like Ed had a bit of rough one, lots of flubs and giveaways offensively. Erne got PP time and everything his first game down and looked terrible of course. Things just werent clicking in general for them tonight.
Yeah I watched the game and Edvinsson was in full-on "try shit" mode, which I think is a sign that his confidence is growing so it's a good thing even if half the stuff he tried didn't work.
Also I really wish AHL had public icetime data because it feels like he's on the ice constantly.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yeah I watched the game and Edvinsson was in full-on "try shit" mode, which I think is a sign that his confidence is growing so it's a good thing even if half the stuff he tried didn't work.
Also I really wish AHL had public icetime data because it feels like he's on the ice constantly.
I wouldn’t take it as a good thing. He is incredibly talented. He’s a really big dude who can skate and has good offensive instincts at times but his one big flaw is decision making. And that’s consistently been his flaw this season. I’m worried about that. You can work on skating, you can go to the gym to get stronger, work on positioning etc but decision making isn’t something you learn at this point. If people are wanting him to be a 2 or 3 on the defensive depth chart, he has to be better about this stuff.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Tyutyayev has been really productive in Toledo, 2 goals last night and 1.5 pts/game for the season. I guess he'll be down there for the rest of the season with all these NHL guys suddenly in GR.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wouldn’t take it as a good thing. He is incredibly talented. He’s a really big dude who can skate and has good offensive instincts at times but his one big flaw is decision making. And that’s consistently been his flaw this season. I’m worried about that. You can work on skating, you can go to the gym to get stronger, work on positioning etc but decision making isn’t something you learn at this point. If people are wanting him to be a 2 or 3 on the defensive depth chart, he has to be better about this stuff.
I guess I would disagree on how much of a flaw his decisionmaking is. He's a very intelligent player. The confidence to try things is good imo. At 19-20 we don't want a player with his tools to remove any creatitivity and to just put the puck off the glass and out all the time. We want him to turn into an elite #1, not transform him into Jonathan Ericsson.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I guess I would disagree on how much of a flaw his decisionmaking is. He's a very intelligent player. The confidence to try things is good imo. At 19-20 we don't want a player with his tools to remove any creatitivity and to just put the puck off the glass and out all the time. We want him to turn into an elite #1, not transform him into Jonathan Ericsson.
I want skilled players to do their thing too. I guess what I’m getting at is I’m not getting the same elite #1 vibe from him like I got when Seider was in GR. Seider played with confidence too but he seemed to make the right plays when needed. He had the tools to go with the tool box. Edvinsson might be getting by on his physical gifts most of the time right now.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
There is literally no excuse for this. Half of their damn roster has been in Detroit at one point or another in the past 3 years. They should not look this pathetic on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Filppula

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, but how good was Detroit the past 3 years?
I knew this would be somebody's counterpoint....the point is, these guys have played in the league, and not just in Detroit. They should be able to have more consistent efforts, they know what it takes. Crzarnik looked ok in Detroit, Vrana was good once upon a time, Hirose was good once upon a time, Erne had some competent stretches, Soderblom looked good...players of their caliber should be doing better than what theyve shown in GR, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad