Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yep, been a very productive stretch. He’s actually at a better PPG pace than Seider was. Ed 1 year older.
The craziness of the Covid years at play. Mo and Ed will both spend a post draft season in the AHL and SHL, but flip which year is where.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lineup seemed to be:

Söderblom - Czarnik - L'Esperance
Hirose -- Weatherby - Luff
Vrana -- Spezia -- Shine
Hanas -- Pearson - Chiasson

Edvinsson - Kampfer
Johansson - Newpower
Lashoff -- Viro

Brattström
Olkinuora

O'Regan injured ?
Andreasson injured?
McIsaac?

Bliss/Tyuytyayev/Worrad/Lacroix/McGrath & Sebrango at Toledo.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Yep, been a very productive stretch. He’s actually at a better PPG pace than Seider was. Ed 1 year older.

Scoring is a lot higher in the A right now, and GR is more of a tire fire than 2019-20. I’d take it with a grain of salt.

Ed has impressive highlights with the puck but still gets beat on the pinch often, and can be a bit of a puck chaser in his end. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still in GR for part of next year.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Waiver exempt guy who probably wants some reps.
That and if you send him down now rather than after the break, the association between Bergie being sent down and Zadina needing to be activated because he's healthy won't be connected.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
That and if you send him down now rather than after the break, the association between Bergie being sent down and Zadina needing to be activated because he's healthy won't be connected.
Man that better not be it. Zadina in for Berggren is just bad all around.

If they want him to get reps in GR, I don't quite get that here. Yeah, that is the typical plan with young guys, but JB has earned a break too. Hope it is just a paper transaction.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Capfriendly says Berggren was sent down to GR? Wonder if it was just a paper transaction for cap purposes or something.

Yea, you will often see teams do this as cap space is accumulated daily. Freeing up cap now means they have more to spend at the TDL.

The part I find odd is Detroit has 16 million in available cap and will have 28 mill at the deadline. This team is not exactly hurting for space.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Capfriendly says Berggren was sent down to GR? Wonder if it was just a paper transaction for cap purposes or something.

That has happened earlier in the season, and nothing really happened. I don't get what's the point on those, and where does the capfriendly get the info. Because teams are not publishing anything.

But, yeah, if Berggren goes to play AHL for NHL ALL-STAR BREAK, then I understand.

Red Wings are having probably the longest ALL STAR BREAK for 11 days.

There's three AHL games during this break.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The part I find odd is Detroit has 16 million in available cap and will have 28 mill at the deadline. This team is not exactly hurting for space.
Yeah, but don't they need 29 million to bring in McDavid and Fox? Every little bit helps when the magic begins! :D

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

Attachments

• 5E9BB214-FECE-4DEF-81DB-86B735265DD7.jpeg
    5E9BB214-FECE-4DEF-81DB-86B735265DD7.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I was about to ask how, but then remembered Bergie got sent down.

Berggren was sent down, but didn't play for GR after that.

Think that was just paper move. He isn't gonna travel to Texas for those road games. Insanity.

Was expecting him to play that 1 home game, but that didn't happen.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Hanas scored as well. Would like to see him get going again after the injury. Was have a nice season until that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad