Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
What the hell is happening in GR? I know a few prospects are banged up, but the others barely playing, the team looks a chaotic mess, the defence is a gong show and with Hanas out all our points are coming from late 20s 2 way contract guys.

As for Cossa - hard to tell on the poor video, but looks like he should have done better with 2, was hung out to dry for 3 and the other was just a bit unlucky all round.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Vrana is in the lineup (actually played his 1st game with the Griffs on Wednesaday (4-1 loss, Vrana was -2, no points, 2 shots) and Edvinsson returned to the lineup after mssing 3 games with an undisclosed (to my knowledge) injury (was even +/-, no points and 3 shots)
Tonight's game is free on AHLtv. Starting soon

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I watched the game last night. They generated such few chances and were so poorly organized. They should not be doing this bad. I think having Edvinsson playing down there is a massive waste of time. What I noticed was he made nice outlet passes/ plays that the forwards were never in the right position for. He should 100% be in detroit.

At any rate, Ben Simon and the coaching staff need to be fired. They clearly are not progressing the correct way and change is needed.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I watched the game last night. They generated such few chances and were so poorly organized. They should not be doing this bad. I think having Edvinsson playing down there is a massive waste of time. What I noticed was he made nice outlet passes/ plays that the forwards were never in the right position for. He should 100% be in detroit.

At any rate, Ben Simon and the coaching staff need to be fired. They clearly are not progressing the correct way and change is needed.

We need to start a tally of how many times people watch Grand Rapids and immediately notice how poorly coached they are as a team.

Reactions: Michael Brand Eggs

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
We need to start a tally of how many times people watch Grand Rapids and immediately notice how poorly coached they are as a team.
We have consistently bad goaltending no matter who you put in net. It is the defensive structure that is making this team look bad, especially on the penalty kill. Since Simon has taken over, our PK is at the bottom 5-10 in the AHL.

Season PK% Rank
18-19 78.5% 28/31
19-20 82.6% 12/31 (partial season)
20-21 74.8% 27/28 (partial season)
21-22 75.4% 29/31
22-23 76.0% 24/32

The offense this season started out fine, until the Red Wings suffered injuries to their forwards to where the Griffins top line all went up to Detroit and that is when the scoring down here dried up. You see the depth in the Red Wings roster, but down here, the drop off in talent there is a big gap and it shows up night after night lately. O'Regan and Chiasson signing has helped, but once again the Griffins are one over the veteran limit and they have to rotate someone sitting out a game to make this happen. Shuttling players between Grand Rapids and Toledo has not helped us out this season compared to last season. I believe that if the Wings do not get rid of Simon has head coach over here right now, at least get rid of MacDonald as their assistant since he is the one that deals with the defense/PK units. We have too many assistant coaches behind the bench and get rid of Knubble as he is there by name only for what I see.

Will see if Hellberg at some point will be put on waivers to see if he clears (which sounds like he would not clear) or do you take a chance on sending Ned on waivers. We keep hearing talk of Ned coming down to GR on a conditioning stint for a few games, but no official word yet on that. Will also see if Vrana clears waivers tomorrow as well. The first 2 games that he played on the road, looked to me like he was going through the motions out there. At least he had more energy out there at the last game on home ice, but he is no way ready to go back to Detroit, At least they are keeping here for this week.

Reactions: Geezer WC

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Edvinsson call up this year or nah? Been carrying this guy in my NA slot all year. Now Vrana, who I’ve also been holding, i’d like to learn information about what’s going on with him before I dump him. Thanking about dropping Simon stashing Jakub. Edvinsson wouldn’t be one of my 6 keepers for next year, so that’s of no concern. Thoughts?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Edvinsson call up this year or nah? Been carrying this guy in my NA slot all year. Now Vrana, who I’ve also been holding, i’d like to learn information about what’s going on with him before I dump him. Thanking about dropping Simon stashing Jakub. Edvinsson wouldn’t be one of my 6 keepers for next year, so that’s of no concern. Thoughts?

My guess is he gets a few games at the end of the season, unless we are out of the playoff picture well before then.

Reactions: Paulinbc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad