Value of: Gostisbehere

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You can only bury 900k of his cap-hit.
This is news to me, since he is not on the team.
From how i understand the whole thing, you have to be on the NHL roster to count against the cap.

Either way, there i no need to give assets up to get rid of him

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
This is news to me, since he is not on the team.
From how i understand the whole thing, you have to be on the NHL roster to count against the cap.

Either way, there i no need to give assets up to get rid of him
It used to be like that before 2012.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Ghost is a legit top pairing dman playing 22 minutes a night. He should get a great return.
I’m hoping for the equivalent of two 2nds, or so. Assuming AZ retains the max. But that might be optimistic. There’s truth to the market being someone cool on smaller, offensive defensemen come playoff time. Logical or not, it does seem to be the case.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This is the moment Blake will be fired.

Giving up 1st rounders and youngsters we really need for someone who could be had for free.
Blake didn't take him then and he certainly won't offer something for him. This train has left.

getting out of Petersen's contract will cost at least a first. Movare has no place, especially if ghost is added

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The penalty for burying Peterson is $3.875aav - so I expect LA is going to be very interested in trading him, if he doesn’t soon find his game, get recalled, and become the player they envisioned.

This remains to be
seen. Regardless, our 1st rounders isn't on the table

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The cap hit remains to be seen?
That Petersen needs to be traded remains to be seen.
Personally i think it's a pipe dream to pay a 1st to get rid of him.

The issue is that the Kings go nowhere the next 3 years, we don't need cap space

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Curious to know what y’all think he could fetch at the trade deadline. Currently 2nd in points for defenseman (I know it’s early).

His play with the coyotes has been amazing. If the coyotes were in a different position I would want him to be resigned.
2nd 4th B prospect ....

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I think he would fit well on the Bruins. The pp is kind of clunky and poor at entries.
He could be a great fit with the way bruins are playing their dmen this year. His skill set seems like it would fit perfectly into some key areas in the bruins game this year. He isn’t filling any huge holes, he won’t be needed to log heavy mins, he’d be a nice little weapon to have on this team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think he'll bring in a 2nd max. I don't think there as many firsts as there are good players this year
Someone with a high 2nd will be in good position. With a ‘deep’ draft, they will be worth more.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think he'll bring in a 2nd max. I don't think there as many firsts as there are good players this year
As a Yotes fan and a big Gostisbehere booster, I was hoping AZ would retain 50% and get a 2nd rounder and an ok-ish, last-chance, younger defenseman (a la Valimaki or Timmins). Maybe someone like Alex Alexeyev from Washington, or something.

Now that Ghost will be out with injury until a week before the deadline, I’m skeptical that we’ll get a good return, at all.

AZ already has three 3rds in ‘23. Three 2nds and four 3rds in ‘24. And four 2nds in ‘25.

So I am REALLY hoping for a ‘23 2nd, and not a 3rd or a pick in a future draft. There’s already too much of a surplus.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As a Yotes fan and a big Gostisbehere booster, I was hoping AZ would retain 50% and get a 2nd rounder and an ok-ish, last-chance, younger defenseman (a la Valimaki or Timmins). Maybe someone like Alex Alexeyev from Washington, or something.

Now that Ghost will be out with injury until a week before the deadline, I’m skeptical that we’ll get a good return, at all.

AZ already has three 3rds in ‘23. Three 2nds and four 3rds in ‘24. And four 2nds in ‘25.

So I am REALLY hoping for a ‘23 2nd, and not a 3rd or a pick in a future draft. There’s already too much of a surplus.
You’ll still get good value. People overrate injuries that are not long-term.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The last two trade returns point to a player that the league doesn’t have Top 4-type belief in. His dip in production in a more secondary offensive role in Carolina doesn’t help his case. I’m having a tough time envisioning him getting Leddy’s Jeep contract even.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think you underestimate the value of D at the trade deadline.

Defenseman Ben Chiarot has been traded to the Florida Panthers in exchange for forward Tyler Smilanic, a 1st-round pick in 2023 and a 4th-round pick

Of course, he won't continue at a ppg pace, but he had 51 points last year (good for 18th in the NHL). Easily will command a 1st plus.

This didn’t age well

Reactions: Kaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad