OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
In value of player for a team on a consistent basis over the whole season, Suarez is number one, there is zero doubt in my mind. To play like he has for not ten games but every freakin game is unreal.

He is scoring more than anybody with half of the supporting machine that is ManU and he creates all over the field.

Of course he will not get the acceptance and awards he deserves because of his past but it is what it is.

I'd like to echo this for posterity.

Fun fact: no one said Suarez dives at all on the last page. The one post that ever mentioned the word 'dive' (or 'diving') was using it in the context to say Suarez couldn't have dove on the call that led to the penalty kick because of the play BAE made to blatantly run into him. Stop trying to spin things to fit your agenda that no one gives your team or its player(s) a fair shake.

:huh:

That's what being quiet means.

And no, what Bale has done since the beginning of 2013 is levels ahead of everyone else in the league

And the gif had nothing to do with the penalty even though it was a dive

Unless I'm just a moron incapable of reading English, I'm pretty sure he said Suarez dove to draw the penalty that saw LFC get the game winner based on the context available in that one post. It was ****ing vague, for Christ's sake. Excuse me.

Also, going off of this season alone, Liverpool not always getting a fair shake isn't my personal agenda, it's reality. From officials to opposing fans, there seems to be a general dislike of Liverpool Football Club for whatever reason, and don't tell me it's a persecution complex when some opposing fans paint Suarez as the most despicable player in world football and there have been several instances of officials blatantly ****ing Liverpool this season, namely, Suarez' disallowed winner at Everton that was clearly onsides, the officials handing that diving **** Antonio Valencia a PK at Anfield when he ****ing slipped in the box after minute contact with a Liverpool defender, and several instances of penalties that weren't given to Liverpool in the first half of the season, likely because of the fact that Suarez was the victim.

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Everyone gets **** calls. Youll receive no sympathy from me on that end.

Ive seen Suarez dive. Ive seen Bale dive. Ive seen Ameobi and countless other *******s dive. He SHOULD get **** for it. In fact, everyone should get **** for it until its out of the game (to the extent it is in it now).

**** divers. **** simulators. **** the refs that dont have the balls to err on the side of calling the dive first.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Everyone gets **** calls. Youll receive no sympathy from me on that end.

Ive seen Suarez dive. Ive seen Bale dive. Ive seen Ameobi and countless other *******s dive. He SHOULD get **** for it. In fact, everyone should get **** for it until its out of the game (to the extent it is in it now).

**** divers. **** simulators. **** the refs that dont have the balls to err on the side of calling the dive first.

And with that I wholeheartedly agree, unfortunately, it just isn't reality.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
And with that I wholeheartedly agree, unfortunately, it just isn't reality.

So deal with it, then. There is no anti-Liverpool conspiracy. Imagine how much more money the EPL wouldve gained from TV sponsorship rights with an American-owned, Champions League bound, consistently title challenging Liverpool Football Club.

I heard yesterday that the team finished 20th will receive 60M GBP.

That is more than Manchester City got last year.

You know, 2011-12.

When they were Champions.

GM17*

Suarez has 2 more goals in 2013 than anyone else. Add to that he's the top scorer so far and with the performances he puts in every game for a "midtable" Liverpool there is no doubt at the moment that he's been the best player in the EPL.

Bale might score more fancy goals but it doesn't matter how the goals go in, a goal is a goal. Only reason people are mentioning Bale right now is because he's been stellar these last 2 months and is the one most fresh in memory. Overall Suarez has had the better season, there's no doubt about it.

"No doubt" what a laugh

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Suarez has 2 more goals in 2013 than anyone else. Add to that he's the top scorer so far and with the performances he puts in every game for a "midtable" Liverpool there is no doubt at the moment that he's been the best player in the EPL.

Bale might score more fancy goals but it doesn't matter how the goals go in, a goal is a goal. Only reason people are mentioning Bale right now is because he's been stellar these last 2 months and is the one most fresh in memory. Overall Suarez has had the better season, there's no doubt about it.

One of the most awesome things with Suarez is his way of challenging the defenders legs with the ball, he goes straight at them like a bull, and gets lots of bounces of that. He doesn't really protect the ball, he just overpowers the defenders with his skills and lack of fear. It's kind of street football style. He doesn't wait for the ball to come to him to get the perfect scoring chance, he goes down the field to start creating and has unbelievable vision in his passing. He is one of those players I could watch a game I have no interest in watching but just to see him play. And I could trust that he will show up every time he is on the field.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
"No doubt" what a laugh

****ing Milan....YOU BLEW ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

You thought Barcelona was going to roll over at the Nou Camp? Milan is a joke.

What a laugh.

Anyway, Luis Suarez has three more League goals than RVP with an inferior supporting cast, and six more than Bale.

What a ****ing joke to put him in the discussion as best player in the Prem, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Anyway, Luis Suarez has three more League goals than RVP with an inferior supporting cast, and six more than Bale.

What a ****ing joke to put him in the discussion as best player in the Prem, right?

Yes, because his selfish ways should exclude him from the conversation.

GM17*

Yes, because his selfish ways should exclude him from the conversation.

he's in the discussion, but to say Bale and RVP aren't is just nonsense.

Taking position into account and then assists and discipline...it's not "beyond a doubt".

RVP 19G 8A 4Yellow (striker)
Suarez 22G 4A 8Yellow (striker)
Bale 16G 2A 4Yellow (midfielder/wing)

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Taking position into account and then assists and discipline...it's not "beyond a doubt".

RVP 19G 8A 4Yellow
Suarez 22G 4A 8Yellow
Bale 16G 2A 4Yellow (midfielder)

One thing I will say is some of the Yellows Suarez gets are complete unjust because of his reputation.

I still think Bale is the best IMO

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey

For what its worth, the reason I say Bale is because of the lost couple months being the tie breaker. I'm not saying this as if he, or anyone, has run away with it, or its not close, or anything of that nature. Tottenham has been literally all Bale for the last few months, as he has been in on just about every goal they've been scoring, be it off his own foot or from his pass. The timing in the game helps to an extent with those last minute goals out of nowhere to an extent, but that's a small component really. A goal in the 89th minute isn't necessarily better than one in the 20th minute. Especially with all of the injuries they've been dealing with on the attack (Sandro out for the year, Dempsey having his injury issues, Adebayor being hurt, then Defoe being hurt when he came back, etc), the timing of him stepping up his play to another level is something that can't be ignored.

GM17*

You thought Barcelona was going to roll over at the Nou Camp? Milan is a joke.

What a laugh.

I'll leave it up to you to point out where I said they would. If you can I'll wire you your lunch money for the next week

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

I like how you only take the Premier League into account when considering goals and discipline.

In all competitions this season...

Suarez: 39 apps, 29 goals, 9 yellows.
RVP: 40 apps, 25 goals, 6 yellows.
Bale: 41 apps, 25 goals, 9 yellows.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Selfish? :laugh:

Must be why Sturridge, Coutinho, and damn near the entire club (if not the entire club) are getting along quite well with him.

lolz

Why is Roy Miller a professional football player?

Its a shame. I really used to like/support the guy... I really can't make a case for him anymore. It was tough enough after the end of last year to make a strong case for him. Now.... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad