OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
If I'm interpreting that .gif literally, I'm assuming you're referring to the blatantly obvious penalty courtesy of Assou-Ekotto that the official was absolutely correct to call.

If you're referring to my claim about Suarez, I'm not the only one saying that. He's world-class when in top form, and more productive on the score sheet than RVP.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
It's not that I've been quiet, it's that I've been purposely avoiding this thread.

Also, Suarez is the best player in the Premier League right now.

****ing brilliant.

That's what being quiet means.

And no, what Bale has done since the beginning of 2013 is levels ahead of everyone else in the league

And the gif had nothing to do with the penalty even though it was a dive

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
If I'm interpreting that .gif literally, I'm assuming you're referring to the blatantly obvious penalty courtesy of Assou-Ekotto that the official was absolutely correct to call.

If you're referring to my claim about Suarez, I'm not the only one saying that. He's world-class when in top form, and more productive on the score sheet than RVP.

Nothing to do with the penalty. All to do with your claim. And you're still not naming the right player.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Best player in the BPL IMO is Bale. Guy is sooo good. Soooo good

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
In value of player for a team on a consistent basis over the whole season, Suarez is number one, there is zero doubt in my mind. To play like he has for not ten games but every freakin game is unreal.

He is scoring more than anybody with half of the supporting machine that is ManU and he creates all over the field.

Of course he will not get the acceptance and awards he deserves because of his past but it is what it is.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
If Suarez dove, then what on earth was Ekoto (sp) doing?

That was one of the dumbest "tackles" I've ever seen.

The penalty couldve been like the one Newcastle gave up. Stoke player makes a move and by the time he flies over the tackle, the ball is 10ft away about to be booted clear. Yes, it was a foul, but there was no way the player was going to regain possession even if the foul wasn't committed.

GM17*

"Best player in the EPL" ...........

best goal scorer perhaps, but there's a few players I'd take before him - particularly in midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Well a player on the backend can't carry a team. I think he's the best center back in the world. plays a sound game.

Him or Bale would be my 1-2

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Suarez has 2 more goals in 2013 than anyone else. Add to that he's the top scorer so far and with the performances he puts in every game for a "midtable" Liverpool there is no doubt at the moment that he's been the best player in the EPL.

Bale might score more fancy goals but it doesn't matter how the goals go in, a goal is a goal. Only reason people are mentioning Bale right now is because he's been stellar these last 2 months and is the one most fresh in memory. Overall Suarez has had the better season, there's no doubt about it.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The entire Spurs team is injured and yet they are prime for a CL spot because of what Gareth has done the past 3 months. Look at what the defense did against Liverpool. Not exactly a top 3 EPL team performance

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Yeah but that was just one game. They've been pretty good throughout the season, hence the top 4 position as it stands. I think Bale has been very good this season but there really aren't many arguments to have him ahead of Suarez.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Both players have literally carried their teams this year and one is in 3rd and one is in 6th. But yea, the weaker player is higher in the standings

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The last page of this thread is yet again a perfect example of the fact that Suarez is one of the only players who gets **** for diving.

Need I remind everyone of the match between Spurs and LFC this season at White Hart Lane in which Bale got booked for simulation? Or how about Liverpool's matches against Everton and Man United that, respectively, saw Neville and Valencia flop to the ground, the latter of the two leading directly to a penalty that cost Liverpool a point at Anfield after a very emotional match for the supporters and club after the truth came out about Hillsborough?

The hypocrisy is incredible, but then again, it's what I've come to expect of this place.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
The last page of this thread is yet again a perfect example of the fact that Suarez is one of the only players who gets **** for diving.

Need I remind everyone of the match between Spurs and LFC this season at White Hart Lane in which Bale got booked for simulation? Or how about Liverpool's matches against Everton and Man United that, respectively, saw Neville and Valencia flop to the ground, the latter of the two leading directly to a penalty that cost Liverpool a point at Anfield after a very emotional match for the supporters and club after the truth came out about Hillsborough?

The hypocrisy is incredible, but then again, it's what I've come to expect of this place.

Fun fact: no one said Suarez dives at all on the last page. The one post that ever mentioned the word 'dive' (or 'diving') was using it in the context to say Suarez couldn't have dove on the call that led to the penalty kick because of the play BAE made to blatantly run into him. Stop trying to spin things to fit your agenda that no one gives your team or its player(s) a fair shake.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010

I don't get your point. Bale and Suarez are both known for being good scorers, but also divers.

The entire sport is filled with divers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad