Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't completely trust Drury, but he's smart enough to know he has to pay Shesty, Laf and Miller next summer. I expect him to leave himself with enough flexibility to get that done.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
If they use this money to extend Lindgren it will be the dumbest avenue to arrive at that destination.

Yeah the paranoia can be real.

Know quite a few people who were pretty regular users who gave it up because it became too intense.
I use a full spectrum cannabis oil daily. It’s great. I never liked smoking though, totally different psycho activity when you use it other than smoking. Different sort of high. Way more of a body/mind relaxation thing, whereas smoking made me tired and hungry. It affects everyone differently though, I never once got paranoid, not even from smoking.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I think it's more like Chris Drury was Grier's top reference on his resume when San Jose hired him, and now he's returning the favor.
And it's not lime they aren't gaining anything from it. They aren't seriously trying to win games right now. It's building a team and he was part of it in the past and won away from the organization.

At this point of his career, this is the best thing Goodrow can do.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think it's more like Chris Drury was Grier's top reference on his resume when San Jose hired him, and now he's returning the favor.

I don’t think it’s that deep.

San Jose needs to reach the cap floor. This was one way of getting a body in that had some financial significance.

I know that you can overpay for a UFA but they have to be willing to take the money. I’m sure they’ll find a few who will be more than willing but they’re going to need to bridge the gap between the floor and where they are right now.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
We'll see how the rest of the offseason goes but Drury earned a few points with me getting rid of Goodrow's entire hit for nothing.
is it for nothing though? isn’t there usually some kind of under the table deal that goes along with something like this?

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My mind wanders to somewhere in Amish country...

Brother Ryan, phone call!

Who is it, Brother Jonas?

It's the New York Rangers.

Tell em to hold on. Need to get this last 2 by 4 beam in place.

Brother Ryan, this could about a contract extension?

Brother Jonas, yes.

Brother Ryan, this could be big. This money could keep us going for generations to come. We are forever grateful.

I hope so, Brother Jonas. And maybe it'll get Brother Charlie to come here.
Worst episode of Go Away Kakko ever

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
My mind wanders to somewhere in Amish country...

Brother Ryan, phone call!

Who is it, Brother Jonas?

It's the New York Rangers.

Tell em to hold on. Need to get this last 2 by 4 beam in place.

Brother Ryan, this could about a contract extension?

Brother Jonas, yes.

Brother Ryan, this could be big. This money could keep us going for generations to come. We are forever grateful.

I hope so, Brother Jonas. And maybe it'll get Brother Charlie to come here.
Are you ok? Blink twice if you're in trouble.

why would they take him for nothing? I feel like they’d want a 2nd or something out of it.
They literally can't "trade" him.
So anything that SJ gets will have to be part of a future unrelated deal. Future considerations are usually nothing... and unofficial future considerations are probably worth even less.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Sharks legit just need bodies and money, they are at 55 million right now for next year, 31 the following year and 17 million in contracts in the final year of Goodrow’s contract.

He will be a good vet locker room presence for them as they try and get out of the gutter, without costing them anything because they aren’t competing in the near future.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad